Italian Tourist in NYC Dead After Single Punch from a Dominican Resident of the Bronx - Video in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sense some of responses in here might be from people that are or think they are "about that life"

When someone takes themselves seriously enough to think they're entitled to hitting someone that is out of line verbally but not physical posing a threat, then they should also be very willing to accept whatever consequences that may arise. I understand that some people's mentalities allow them to believe the guy who swung was well within his right to hit the drunk guy, and that's exactly why I avoid certain environments (not because I act irresponsibly, but because these types usually don't have much to lose)

Last edited:
how some of u are giving this kid props for "playing it smart" and doing what he could to get a lesser charge is beyond me :smh:

what if the one who died was your family member ? would u be giving this kid a "bravo" ?

how do we know the man who died didn't have something wrong mentally ?

how some of u are giving this kid props for "playing it smart" and doing what he could to get a lesser charge is beyond me :smh:

what if the one who died was your family member ? would u be giving this kid a "bravo" ?

Usually NT will bring the minority view on non sense like this

It's just expected after 12 years on this board

laugh.gif

same way he took his shirt off and dropped him , he could've kept his shirt on and walked away with his boys laughing. everybody wins.

no way i'm sticking up for this hood booger ...

The drunk guy took his short off, not the 19yr old.
And there is such a thing as fighting words. If someone is approaching me in an aggressive manner with closed fist, I dont have to wait to get assaulted to defend myself.

Drunk dude ain't 100% innocent in this either you know. He didn't deserve to die but approaching somebody like that is bound to get something started. Clearer minds should've prevailed though.

he didnt throw a punch or do anything tho...

talking trash isnt throwing a punch...

he pretty much killed an innocent man. If the guy hit him or tried to hit him then self defense would come into play but none of that happened.

he killed the guy.

So yall really not swinging on a dude who takes his shirt off and runs in your face?

I just watched the video again, and the dude with his shirt off, STOPPED, was LOOKING LEFT with one hand in IN HIS SHIRT and as he approached, the dominican cat just[COLOR=#red] immediately took a step back and swung on him.. Didn't even look like a fight was about to happen, nor anything crazy to that affect.[/COLOR]. Like someone said, just a clown *** ***** wanting some "shine" from the homies on the block.. stupid kids quick to react in non-threatening situations.

Italian man didn't lean in for a punch, didn't square up, nothing... just walked up to the guy and his life was ended.

Last edited:
He sucker punched him. It was as clear as day. Y'all are in scum mode I see. You wanna fight someone, square up and let it be known like a man.

Last edited:
I didn't see anything that resembled a fight

I saw a sucker punch on someone who wasn't even looking at him

Drunk dude ain't 100% innocent in this either you know. He didn't deserve to die but approaching somebody like that is bound to get something started. Clearer minds should've prevailed though.

he didnt throw a punch or do anything tho...

talking trash isnt throwing a punch...

he pretty much killed an innocent man. If the guy hit him or tried to hit him then self defense would come into play but none of that happened.

he killed the guy.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying dude who swung is in the clear. Fault or majority of fault is definitely on him.

Taking your shirt off after a verbal argument is usually a clear sign of a fight Is gonna happen

swung after dude stepped up... seems like a simple assault at the most...

definitely not manslaughter...

Depends on which family member.

Can't see the ones I know well getting drunk in front of a bodega and taking their shirt off and rushing strangers.

How do we know anything? The kid who killed him could be mentally ill now what?

Don't feel bad for either of them.

Lessons learned here:  

-Don't let that liquor put the battery in your back--**** might get you in a situation that you normally wouldn't find yourself in and the outcome might be something you didn't expect.  

-Drop the hammer on someone like that and be prepared for the results.  Sucker punches rarely end up well for the other person--had a homie who got dropped like that when he was drunk, hit his head and dude was never the same.  

-Always try to walk away, unless your life is in immediate danger.  

You even watch the video?
The dude took his shirt off and stepped to Brownies face.
How much more of an attempt you want short of a swing from the drunk dude?

you're not this dull are you? seriously?

taking your shirt off and approaching someone can sure "look threatening" but it's not assault or even ATTEMPTED assault. It just looks that way.

How much more of an attempt do I want short of a swing from the drunk dude?

HOW ABOUT AN ACTUAL SWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S WHAT WOULD CONSTITUTE AN ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!

The dude looked to be bigger.
I agree it is a scum bag move but it really wasn't that flagrant considering dude took his shirt off and really took the initiative when you consider the fact he stepped to brownie.

Like if you step to me and I STILL tag you first it's not my fault you can't fight.

After re-watching the vid, and seeing some posts. Y'all are right. Dude should go to jail. It wasn't in no self defense at all. Son was really just trynna have a "big man" moment. Regardless whether papi was drunk or not, son could've easily walked away. Common sense would tell you that "ok this dude is drunk let me get outta here" rather than knock homie out and catch a case.

But just to play devils advocate:
Was it the punch that killed him?
Or was it the impact of his head to the ground that killed him?

Impact of the ground but his head wasn't hitting the ground if he wasn't punched

Still murder

Venom...do you not know how the hood works?

It's either hit or be hit in situations like this. Like a poster just mentioned, the dude could have just went home, but is that what happens in the hood? Nah.

In some places if someone comes to your face and says "let's get this poppin then" you automatically hit him because 9/10 he's about to slug you.

You damn hipsters don't know ****. Ready to come in here with your tree-hugger attitudes. The given situation is terrible no doubt about it. But if you don't understand how the hood works then please don't comment on it. Because while it's your right to share your thoughts on the situation you clearly live in the hamptons and are wondering why the mongrels act this way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom