Ite, Who's rockin wit Romney for 2012?

Your vote isn't going to matter anyway.

The last time a Republican candidate won NYC was in 1924.

Sorry guys, but incumbent presidents don't often lose re-election. Voters generally do not like to see one-term presidents. And Obama hasn't had any sort of disaster like the Iran hostage crisis to make him look bad. I just hope the Democrats can win some seats back in Congress.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

ahem, how you get references that cement MY POINT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bush era tax cuts were for EVERYONE and obama DID NOT WANT to let em expire on da middle class aka da MAJORITY of americans because da economy was weak....da GOP saw no point in letting them expire for some and continue for other...

once again, stop assumin you THINK you know what i know and what i dont..you just made yourself look foolish by getting da references for me
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Mr Obama wanted to extend the cuts for the middle classes but let them expire for families earning more than $250,000 (£160,000) a year.

Saying he was "very disappointed" at the vote, the president said: "It makes no sense to hold tax cuts for the middle class hostage to permanent tax cuts for the wealthiest 2 per cent of Americans."

where is the sign of compromise you were talking about?

He was forced (like i said) to pass this... as the article clearly illustrated.

Add on to this, the fact that the unemployment extension was on the line... and his veto power would = no money in unemployed hands.

How can you not follow the logic of my argument?
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/16/AR2010121606200.html[/font]

He said he would not have signed the bill if it did not include "other extensions of relief that were also set to expire." Among other provisions, he cited the extensions of unemployment benefits and tuition tax credits, as well as new tax incentives for businesses.

you just cherry picked a few lines from 1 quote out of 3 quotes from 3 articles.

C'mon... you did not follow this issue when it was a current issue. I did. Don't make me post youtube videos of the drama the democrats and white house went through coming up to the tax cut extension.

ahem, how you get references that cement MY POINT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bush era tax cuts were for EVERYONE and obama DID NOT WANT to let em expire on da middle class aka da MAJORITY of americans because da economy was weak....da GOP saw no point in letting them expire for some and continue for other...

once again, stop assumin you THINK you know what i know and what i dont..you just made yourself look foolish by getting da references for me
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Mr Obama wanted to extend the cuts for the middle classes but let them expire for families earning more than $250,000 (£160,000) a year.

Saying he was "very disappointed" at the vote, the president said: "It makes no sense to hold tax cuts for the middle class hostage to permanent tax cuts for the wealthiest 2 per cent of Americans."

where is the sign of compromise you were talking about?

He was forced (like i said) to pass this... as the article clearly illustrated.

Add on to this, the fact that the unemployment extension was on the line... and his veto power would = no money in unemployed hands.

How can you not follow the logic of my argument?

Either 1. he's not educated, 2. doesn't understand how the game is played in Washington with polarization and party loyalty at its highest, 3. both

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Your vote isn't going to matter anyway.

The last time a Republican candidate won NYC was in 1924.

As a citizen of California, I know that my impact on the Electoral College is non existent. In my view, it is is still important for voters to turn out even if they live in solidly red or blue states. The Electoral College determines who wins the White House but a the popular vote determines how much political capital the victor will enjoy. Even if Obama wins but his popular vote margin is very close, moderate Democrats in Congress would be less willing to follow his proposed legislation whereas he could do much more if he gets 60% or more the popular vote as it might persuade some Republican law makers to compromise with him.

So to all of you GOP voters in New York, Massachusetts, California and Washington, get out and vote. The same goes for my liberal friends who live in Nashville, TN or Austin, TX or Atlanta, GA. Your vote will not decide who sits in the White House but you can decide how much political capital the President will have.

BTW, what do you mean by the statement that no Republican has carried NYC since 1924? Do you mean that no GOP candidate has garnered a majority in the counties or Congressional districts that cover the Five Boroughs of NYC? Obviously, NYC has been a very liberal and Democratic city for some time but I would have though that the GOP would have carried a Borough here and there during the period after the Roosevelt consensus weakened in 1946 and before the city became culturally liberal and public sector union oriented, for good, during the late 1960's.

With regard to Ninjahood, I do not know why there is some much hatred for him. I suppose it is because he is black and too many liberals, especially black liberals, feel like all blacks are obligated to vote for Democrats and to not do so is to betray your community. It is sad because people, who live in politically homogeneous communities, lose out in two ways. When a person does not have to address the points made by the opposition, their minds gets flabby. In addition, a lack of political diversity causes people to think of those with opposing political views to be the enemy and to become dehumanized.

I live in a largely conservative and libertarian leaning community and I am grateful for the smart and passionately left wing friends and neighbors who remind me that people of the political left are not mere caricatures and even if I believe that they are wrong on some issues, I feel like my views are better founded if I have had to debate them with people of a different set of views.

I have to say though, great execution to the poster who working in the "Porsche money" part of that video with the clips of Romney.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

THIS is laughable. He is Pro-Life and Anti-Gay.  Yeah, he's not a moral zealot at all.
indifferent.gif

So people who dont approve of abortions & homosexual relations are automatically monsters thatShouldnt even be classifed as human......
laugh.gif
Gimme a break b.
laugh.gif
You both are embarrassments. What in my post suggest that I think that pro-life or anti-homosexual people shouldn't be classified as human?  Like I said, you both are embarrassing.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Raise the dividend tax and me the small time investor gets screwed when companies stop growing their dividends. In the age of virtually 0% interest for savings accounts, I need those dividends and I need them to continue rising.
But dividends are literally pennies per share, so to really profit from dividend stocks, one needs to be buy in VOLUME. But then, you're not a small time investor. 
Doesn't add up.

I refuse to vote for a mormon, straight up. racist %!$@#@*+$*$*%.

+1 vote for Hussein

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Raise the dividend tax and me the small time investor gets screwed when companies stop growing their dividends. In the age of virtually 0% interest for savings accounts, I need those dividends and I need them to continue rising.
But dividends are literally pennies per share, so to really profit from dividend stocks, one needs to be buy in VOLUME. But then, you're not a small time investor. 
Doesn't add up.

Johnny likes to feel he has something in common with the people that really benefit from the dividend tax cut. 

This year, I will receive nearly $1000 in dividends.  If the dividend tax rate doubled, I'd pay an extra $150 in tax.  That's peanuts to me when a payroll tax cut nets me $150 per month. 

I find it hard to believe that Mr. Johnny, small time investor, has anything near $150,000-$500,000 tied up in dividend paying stocks, which he would need for a dividend tax increase to really affect him.  (tax increase of near $1,000-$5,000)

I'm voting for myself ... and I'm extra serious.

This reminds me that I need to re-register as an independent voter

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

for those against romney, do you think that Obama deserves 4 more years to keep the country in the path that its headed in?

Where are we headed though? What path are we on? Is Obama about to destroy America as we know it? All serious questions btw.
you seen Europe lately? yea...obama for 4 more years = us in a not too distant future.
not a good depiction, Europe's current problem is an extension of our own financial crisis

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by rashi

Anyone who doesn't follow this dude is a sheep apparently. The funny thing is, I don't automatically consider anyone a sheep based on political views, just a majority of Ron Paul supporters who don't know a thing, they just like him because he's for "liberty."
When did I say anything about "brown people." Stop assuming things. I'm against those wars, and I even said that was one of the things about Ron Paul that I liked, but I guess when someone doesn't worship almighty PaulGod, you just block everything else out.

It's almost laughable that you say business should be allowed to turn away people based on race because it's their business, therefore their right. Are you kidding me? Again, some of the liberty stuff is cool, but come on.. thats ridiculous. He wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act!!! and that's cool with you, I have no reason to even debate with logic like this.

You are against the War, but you have no problem voting for a man who EXPANDED it and who has guaranteed the death of more brown people to at least 2024? Are you seeing the logic here?

If you own a business, do you want the government telling you who you have to do business with? It isn't just about race, it sets precedent over everything else. By the government telling you who can serve, leaves them the opportunity to say who you CAN'T serve. What if there was a law that said you had to hire people that were convicted of felonies like murder, armed robbery? Seems absurd, right? Well, that's the precedent that Title II sets.

On top of it, most of the businesses that were discriminating against Blacks were FORCED to do so because of LOCAL LAWS, not because they CHOSE to.

Ron Paul is irrelevant and has nothing to do with this topic. He is as relevant as Herman Cain, Santorum, Palin, etc.

for those against romney, do you think that Obama deserves 4 more years to keep the country in the path that its headed in?

Where are we headed though? What path are we on? Is Obama about to destroy America as we know it? All serious questions btw.
you seen Europe lately? yea...obama for 4 more years = us in a not too distant future.

Bruh, nobody can save us from that. It's going to happen regardless of who our President is. Wall-Street & the Federal Reserve have this country by the balls. Stop thinking the President calls the shots. Our economy is beyond destroyed - why can't you understand that? Instead, it's Obamas fault! Like I said over and over in this thread, none of these politicians can make life better for you.

^
aaahhhh no.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Ron Paul is irrelevant and has nothing to do with this topic. He is as relevant as Herman Cain, Santorum, Palin, etc.

Open-Secrets-Obama-Romney.jpg

Carry on.

CParkFresh wrote:
ninjahood wrote:
superblyTRIFE wrote:

^
aaahhhh no.

Please excuse him.. He has no idea that the policies that Obama wants to implement are are a complete contrast to those in Europe. UK fell back into recession due to the policies that Romney wants to put in place. It's called Austerity.. you cut basic needs for people out of the budget such as Medical services, education, housing and other programs needed to keep people from falling into poverty. While at the same time giving tax breaks to the richest Earners and expect for them to somehow create jobs and stimulate the Economy. Anyone thinking of voting for Romney just needs to take a look overseas and see all the crap that Conservative politicians  put into law over there.

Originally Posted by Dimelo

bloomberg, another filthy rich duke has been awesome for NYC, i think if romney is as business savy then there's nothing but good things to come as far as im concerned.

Me and you might be the only new Yorkers that like Bloomberg
im old enough to remember da david dinkins days...NYC used to look like da first ninja turtles movie...grimey, gritty, etc. cool and all if your a hoodlum like myself, but it wasn't generating da billions it does during his administration.

there's a reason he's on his 3rd term as mayor....ill tell you what, if a democrat takes office in NYC, taxes are gonna rise like no one's business and we're gonna go back to those times when NYC was a mess.

what put me off about obama is his utter disgust for coal, oil, and gas....i mean seriously, when we owe 40 cents of every dollar we spend to china cuz we're spending more then we have...and yet we can't access our own resources..welp, its time to change

da script...
Bloomberg hasnt done anything to improve living conditions in nyc.... i cant list 100 things he's done to make himself money but i wont even get into that...
lets talk about

- 12 dollar NEWPORTS 
laugh.gif
 i dont even smoke

- 1000 a month studio rent
indifferent.gif

- 100 a month metrocards
indifferent.gif

- 75 cent goes towards bloomberg everytime someone calls 311
roll.gif

- job creation 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
  security and flower delivery boy isnt an ideal profession
sick.gif

- WTC is still not finished

- a 2nd ave line????? really????? you telling me a 3rd avenue line isnt adequate???? 
roll.gif
  a parallel line running and stopping exactly one block over is seen as an accomplishment??? 
laugh.gif

- dont forget the stop and frisk laws which only catches perps 1 percent of the time
laugh.gif

i guess dudes in wash heights aint that hard to impress.... 

FOH

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

CParkFresh wrote:
ninjahood wrote:

^
aaahhhh no.

Please excuse him.. He has no idea that the policies that Obama wants to implement are are a complete contrast to those in Europe. UK fell back into recession due to the policies that Romney wants to put in place. It's called Austerity.. you cut basic needs for people out of the budget such as Medical services, education, housing and other programs needed to keep people from falling into poverty. While at the same time giving tax breaks to the richest Earners and expect for them to somehow create jobs and stimulate the Economy. Anyone thinking of voting for Romney just needs to take a look overseas and see all the crap that Conservative politicians  put into law over there.
No need to look overseas. Just look back at the great depression, what did president Herbert Hoover do? Tax breaks for the rich because "it would create more jobs." What happened? The rich got richer while the poor got poorer. 
I swear man some of ya'll need to take US history again.

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

CParkFresh wrote:

^
aaahhhh no.

No need to look overseas. Just look back at the great depression, what did president Herbert Hoover do? Tax breaks for the rich because "it would create more jobs." What happened? The rich got richer while the poor got poorer. 

Exactly.. On his handling of the economy as a whole, outside of just tax breaks, Hoover is the epitome of the sit on his hands, do nothing President letting markets correct themselves.

As for the current crisis of US & Europe.. Europe hit a recession before us, and considering the global market is heavily dependent on the US, once the US went down, Europe had no shot..  Comparing US & Europe is foolish at best.

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

I swear man some of ya'll need to take US history again.

Just like NT discussions on religion, history is apparently irrelevant when the subject is politics. Politics only matter on NT when its a presidential election year. Even then, facts usually take a back seat to partisan talking points.

Dudes talking about 8% unemployment don't realize that this is structural unemployment and not cyclical unemployment(jobs that come back when the economy rebounds). When you walk into a store and you self checkout, those are jobs that are gone, those cashier jobs are gone and are not coming back when the economy rebounds. When you call customer service and it's in India, those jobs are not coming back when the economy rebounds. We have done away with so many jobs through machines and outsourcing that there is very little left.

The only thing that will lower this structural unemployment is completely new industry in this country.
http://www.huffingtonpost...ject-jobs-_b_780236.html

Back
Top Bottom