Item your expecting arrives Vol...but its not as decribed

I hate making internet transactions for this very reason

I over state item details when im buying & selling

So i hate when something arrives & its basically like someone lied to your face about the condition.

But what makes it worse is some of these bums actually stand on thier lying *** word as truth so your stuck dealing with scampal

This prbly should be in jb

bought a leather jacket before and dude told me, yea leather is nice and supple

received the jacket, leather is thin and i wouldnt describe it as supple

happened a few times on ebay

Bought a Autographed Marbury basketball, turned out to be fake but the seller kept saying it was real. Ebay forced him to provide a refund

Bought a Starbury pendent and it did not show up like the picture showed, seller was cool and just gave me back the money

Its a risk but sometimes the savings are worth the risk

That's why you should ask for detailed pics with a timestamp so you have a better idea of what they look like as of recent. 

Just so you know...

Per Visa REG-U, If an item is not as described, you can dispute the charge with our bank and have the funds returned to you account. You have 60 days in which to dispute a charge under "merchandise not as described."

If this is a route you have to travel, your best option is to have a printed copy of the item description. Quality of good is NOT something that can be disputed tho (unless item is described as "brand new" and is CLEARLY not). But if you order eg: what is described as "authentic Louie Vuitton" and you get a fake, you can dispute the charge and win. Or if you order an Iphone 5 with charger, and btooth, but you just get an Iphone, no charger or blue tooth, you can dispute and get your money back.

There are many reasons in which you can dispute a transaction with a merchant and have your funds returned.
I perform the preliminary investigations in chargeback claims.

Last edited:
Credit card chargeback ftw. A few of these situations like this where I was misled, I ended up keeping the item and getting my money back to.

The seller expected me to pay for the shipping on items he sent me that clearly weren't as described in the listing. I told them I wasn't going to come out of pocket and spend a penny correcting their mistakes that were a result of their own negligence.

If they wouldn't want to cover the shipping costs to send the item back after my chargeback was successful then finders keepers and the item is mine now is how I see it.

I hate this :smh:

Why are people too good to take detailed pictures and accurately describe things even when money is on the line?

Like son, you mean to tell me that your crappy phone camera was your ONLY option? You couldn't borrow a friend's camera, or at least do things to get the most out what your phone's camera can do? Is it really that hard to type out a sentence or two detailing the flaws?

I hate this :smh:

Why are people too good to take detailed pictures and accurately describe things even when money is on the line?

Like son, you mean to tell me that your crappy phone camera was your ONLY option? You couldn't borrow a friend's camera, or at least do things to get the most out what your phone's camera can do? Is it really that hard to type out a sentence or two detailing the flaws?

Agreed completely on all of this.

Different people have different interpretations of "good condition" "like new condition" and "ok condition" though.

For all my auctions on used items, I just take a ton of detailed pics and state, ask any necessary questions before doing the buy it now to avoid any potential issues/hassles. My auctions are buy it now immediate payment required so that avoids anyone doing a buy it now only to ask a ton of questions before paying.

Credit card chargeback ftw. A few of these situations like this where I was misled, I ended up keeping the item and getting my money back to.

The seller expected me to pay for the shipping on items he sent me that clearly weren't as described in the listing. I told them I wasn't going to come out of pocket and spend a penny correcting their mistakes that were a result of their own negligence.

If they wouldn't want to cover the shipping costs to send the item back after my chargeback was successful then finders keepers and the item is mine now is how I see it.

Sometimes you take a little L and pay for the return shipping out of pocket.... keeping the item and the cash is messed up.

But then again Ceballos is the same guy that called corporate to get an employee fired because he couldn't return a launch product or use a $25 B day coupon .

I said smh @ even having the thought..... even if they rejected the coupon is a $25 discount really worth someone job ?

Before you run that the old "its a matter of principal" routine.... where is the honor in potentially destroying someones means of income and livelihood because you couldn't cheat the system ?

Today's my brothers birthday actually. If they gave me runaround when I tried to get the difference refunded I would've asked them politely if I can bring my brother. Return them and have him purchase them again using the coupon. If they were to deny that what would your excuse be to defend the company?

End of the day how is them honoring the coupon and refunding the difference hurting the employee? How does it affect them? Can you answer that please.

If they rejected the coupon and my brother who's bday is today tried using it then yes it is worth their job. I could care less about their job if their going to be a jerk to me and knowing their an at will employee you would think they would realize their expendable and a bunch of people would take their job in a heartbeat. Like I said. I worked retail. If a customer wanted to use a coupon I would shut up and do my job and honor it. I'm not there to make up my own silly rules for a company I work for. The merchandise doesn't belong to me and if a customer is saving money it didn't hurt me so I could care less.

The same guy that flipped out and wanted to get an employee fired because he expected that employee to cover his gas expenses out of pocket .... :lol:

Don't see what's so unreasonable about gettig my gas money and money spent on parking refunded by the employee in that Niketown situation. I was returning an unworn pair of shoes with receipt. He tried telling me "no refunds on launch product items". This wasnt mentioned to me upon purchase, it was nowhere in writing, and was nowhere on my receipt. I made a scene and had a right to. I told the employee that he just wasted my time and gas money by not following his company policy and that if its like that he should cover my gas money and parking fee. He was being slick and said it wasn't his problem. I couldn't put hands on him because id get in trouble for that so I called nike corporate. Explained the situation and went to another Niketown got my refund no questions asked. Nike corporate gave me a $50 gift card to make the situation right and told me that employee was no longer working with the company. That all could've been avoided if he just honored his stores return policy. I don't get why he would try and give me unnecessary run around.

FYI returning products on launch day is against the rules and the NT employee that DID accept your return was breaking a company policy intended to prevent kids from returning shoes they just stole.

Their honoring the coupon for others who's birthday isn't today or this month so what's the big deal.

And yes I would and have actually gotten a niketown emoloyee fired before because he refused to honor a legit return with a receipt and wouldnt give me gas money out his pocket for wasting my time. Some employees are retail warriors and take their jobs way to seriously. Am I stealing $25 from that individual employee or manager? No I'm not. How is me getting the $25 refunded hurting them? It isn't. So if they want to be stupid about it a call to corporate will get me my $25 refund plus a gift card to make up for the terrible customer service expierence I had and the at will employee will most likely get in trouble. If they give me run around they have the option to make things right or call my bluff and deal with the consequences. I had a bunch of friends in management at various footlockers around my way in the past. I'm well aware of what I can and can't do and will call an employee out if they give me unnecessary run around.

Comments like this will make it so that none of us will get to use the coupon in the future.
All they have to so is look at your id and say it's not your birthday month and you don't qualify. Don't be a douche about $25 man especially if the place is lax enough to not look into whether you are eligible or not.

You being stupid and calling corporate and saying hey, dudes on a shoe community using a coupon and it's not their birthday so I want to do so also is the single most stupidest thing I've heard all day.
Something like that will get an email sent to all managers instructing employees to look at Ids for all requests. They are already starting to require the coupon be printed vs just being able to show it on your phone.

People like this are the reason I hardly sell anything on the internet anymore....kinda people that make things up just to get a freefund

Edit: Links to the auctions and pics of the items you didnt return?

Last edited:
sidebar: I thought you could return any unworn product to Nike? Over the course of ____ months?

Or is the "no refunds on launch products" the same policy as FTL where you can't return limited/exclusive shoes back to them.

sidebar: I thought you could return any unworn product to Nike? Over the course of ____ months?

Or is the "no refunds on launch products" the same policy as FTL where you can't return limited/exclusive shoes back to them.

I believe its only 12-24 hours before you can return them to NT.

Its a means of preventing/catching people jacking others for their shoes shortly after releases and then returning the shoes for cash. Alot of people get got on the train/bus/walking home and giving them some time to report the crime before the shoes can be returned cuts down incentive to jack and has helped catch some of the criminals.

Last edited:
Straight groupie like post. Taking the time to dig up my past post history. Whatever floats your boat kiddo.

You keep trying to make excuses for the wrong parties in situations where my actions were justified.

I buy a pair of Concords on ebay that are listed "as new". The shoes come looking nothing like the description, I go ahead and file a chargeback rather then risk dealing with a seller who would give runaround. I get my refund and tell the seller,

"hey man, I got your shoes here, please send me some funds to cover the shipping costs so I can get them back to you".

And the seller expects me to pay for shipping when he's the one sending me something that's not as described. Ummm how does that work?? Please tell me where I'm in the wrong for that. I'm not spending a penny out of my pocket to correct someone else's mistake.

You order an item from eastbay and they send you the wrong item, they'll cover you for the return shipping to make things right.

And this clown talking about people like me are the reason they don't sell anymore. I call that a cop out.

The way you defend other people due to whatever dislike you have towards me even when the facts are clear as day is laughable.

You must be one of those sellers that lists beat up shoes and describes them as "vvvnds" so this struck a nerve to you. If your an honest seller, your listing description and pics will reflect that.

Regarding the Niketown incident. When you purchase an item and they make no mention of it being "launch product" upon purchase and this no refund on "launch product" is nowhere in writing and I'm returning an unworn item with a receipt I'm well within my means to get mad. End of the day I tried to make an honest return, the employee played games and because of his ignorant actions and rude behavior he lost his job during the holiday season in a situation that could've easily been avoided has he just shut up did his job and followed company policy.

If your not on nikes payroll why are you blindly ignoring factual information and painting me out to be the bad guy?

Last edited:
And this clown talking about people like me are the reason they don't sell anymore. I call that a cop out.

The way you defend other people due to whatever dislike you have towards me even when the facts are clear as day is laughable.

You must be one of those sellers that lists beat up shoes and describes them as "vvvnds" so this struck a nerve to you. If your an honest seller, your listing description and pics will reflect that.

Regarding the Niketown incident. When you purchase an item and they make no mention of it being "launch product" upon purchase and this no refund on "launch product" is nowhere in writing and I'm returning an unworn item with a receipt I'm well within my means to get mad. End of the day I tried to make an honest return, the employee played games and because of his ignorant actions and rude behavior he lost his job during the holiday season in a situation that could've easily been avoided has he just shut up did his job and followed company policy.

If your not on nikes payroll why are you blindly ignoring factual information and painting me out to be the bad guy?

The only thing that struck a nerve with me is your willingness to get someone fired because they were doing their job, following the rules and wouldn't allow you to cheat the system.

You can call it a cop out all you want but I have an impeccable reputation when it comes to selling that says otherwise. I describe and picture every flaw whether it be factory or or from wear in my descriptions. Ive reduced my selling greatly though because I fear dealing with someone that's going to make things up or file a chargeback and keep my product.

Here is an example of the accurate and detailed descriptions of my listings... Box description, discolorations and yellowing made known, photos with flash, photos without flash, Etc. .... and I always offer to take additional pics at any particular angle/lighting

http://niketalk.com/t/567307/original-air-jordan-xi-columbia-from-1995

I do absolutely everything I can to ensure my buyers know what they are paying for, but these horror story's of instant charge backs have me extremely weary of buyers I dont know or haven't done business with in the past. Paypal has made it way too easy for these kids to just lie and rip someone off.

Back in the day it was the buyer who had to beware of shady sellers and Ive always been an honest seller, but now its the seller that has to worry about unscrupulous buyers looking to come up on a free pair of shoes.

And people wonder why there is rarely any heat for sale in the B/S forum...

Last edited:
Sold my ps3 on eBay. It was working perfectly fine when I sent it. Never had a single problem with it. Dude sends me a message 8-10 days after he received it saying that the disk he inserted won't play or eject. I don't even know what to tell him :lol:

The only thing that struck a nerve with me is your willingness to get someone fired because they were doing their job, following the rules and wouldn't allow you to cheat the system.

You can call it a cop out all you want but I have an impeccable reputation when it comes to selling that says otherwise. I describe and picture every flaw whether it be factory or or from wear in my descriptions. Ive reduced my selling greatly though because I fear dealing with someone that's going to make things up or file a chargeback and keep my product.

Here is an example of the accurate and detailed descriptions of my listings... Box description, discolorations and yellowing made known, photos with flash, photos without flash, Etc. .... and I always offer to take additional pics at any particular angle/lighting

http://niketalk.com/t/567307/original-air-jordan-xi-columbia-from-1995

I do absolutely everything I can to ensure my buyers know what they are paying for, but these horror story's of instant charge backs have me extremely weary of buyers I dont know or haven't done business with in the past. Paypal has made it way too easy for these kids to just lie and rip someone off.

Back in the day it was the buyer who had to beware of shady sellers and Ive always been an honest seller, but now its the seller that has to worry about unscrupulous buyers looking to come up on a free pair of shoes.

And people wonder why there is rarely any heat for sale in the B/S forum...

Read the glove thread. I admitted I was in the wrong about the bday coupon and that I od'd.

The Niketown situation I stand behind my actions though.

Regarding chargebacks. I've had a few filed against me over the past year but I've won all of the cases. For better or worse, ebay is catered to buyers now. Ill take a chance on an item with bad pics if the seller describes it in good shape hopping to find a diamond in the rough for cheap and if its completely not as described I know I can return it.

Ill avoid bad situations if possible though. Was going to do a buy it now on a Kershaw dodgers authentic this past week. I noticed while the pics were legit the price for the buy it now was to good to be true. I did a little research and his feedback said on quite a few items that the item received was different then the one in the listing pic. I contacted the guy and asked if the jersey in the listing would be the one I would be receiving. He didn't respond so I didn't roll the dice even though I would be protected by ebays buyer protection if he sent me a fake. It wasnt worth the hassle to me.

Regarding my view on paying out of my pocket for shipping in a situation where the seller screwed up, I just can't do it. I've accidentally sent buyers the wrong size jersey before. That's my fault so I sent them $ to ship the item back to me plus gave them a partial refund to make up for the inconvience. It would be completely unreasonable of me to expect them to come out of pocket and pay for shipping to fix my mistake.

I can understand not returning launch day products. it cuts down on resellers

I could reasonably understand it if they make the customer aware prior to purchasing. I totally understand the reseller part. When I bought my copper foams from hoh in 2010 they clearly told me prior to purchase that this item no returns were allowed for it and made mention of it in the receipt. I wanted the shoes for me obviously but I was made aware of the policy prior to purchase.

The Niketown situation I can honestly say I wasn't made aware prior to the original purchase nor did they have it documented anywhere. If they did I wouldn't have gone there to try and return the item in the first place because I would've knew the deal. What made me pissed in that situation was the employees no damns given smug nonchalant attitude. If he was cool about things I would've had a much more reasonable reaction in that situation.

Back
Top Bottom