it's amazing that jordan's hostility to his "enemies" extends through his shoes

Originally Posted by xJoRDaNHeaD

I agree with 160jordansdeep, Jb is just running out of ideas
JB is stalling time before they "have" to retro every shoe.
I mean, without retro's, inspired retros, what quality product does Jordan Brand ever produce?

Patent Leather, the cement pattern, colorways of old retros are still being formulated into today's product.
They offer no real innovation, no groundbreaking technology that is incorporated into their shoes besides a stitched on jumpman of a once dominant legacy.

I miss the Nike Air behind every Jordan shoe and I also believe nobody knows what is on JB mind they are so advanced in thinking from us consumers.

Originally Posted by buildingblock

i mean, who else would have the nerve to rub in his victories by making shoes styled and colored after the teams he defeated? LOL! that's like the biggest middle finger you to somebody, right?
tribute my %!@! he's rubbin' it in that he beat them
it's like, winnin' a championship or game wasn't enough...he got to immortalize them in defeat by makin' shoes dedicated to his victories over them!
the six ring color blockin', the jordan low phat color blockin', the jordan hi phat color blockin', the 60 pluses, etc.
My thoughts exactly!!lol
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by buildingblock

i mean, who else would have the nerve to rub in his victories by making shoes styled and colored after the teams he defeated?
it's like, winnin' a championship or game wasn't enough...he got to immortalize them in defeat by makin' shoes dedicated to his victories over them!
Don't know if it changes your thought process at all, but the Bulls lost to BOTH the Celtics and the Magic when MJ went for 60+. Jordanscored 60+ five times, and the Bulls' record in those games was 2-3, the victories being over the Pistons and Cavaliers.

I hear your point, but its not like they can just release every shoe in the bulls colorway... its just not gonna happen. I mean they make Pennys in othercolorways than black and blue, is that immortalizing teams that beat the magic every year?

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

I am sure that might not be the reason for these types of colorways

I think jordan brand is running out of idea's.

So they use this idea as an excuse.

THIS.

Originally Posted by UKJLT

buildingblock wrote:

i mean, who else would have the nerve to rub in his victories by making shoes styled and colored after the teams he defeated?
Don't know if it changes your thought process at all, but the Bulls lost to BOTH the Celtics and the Magic when MJ went for 60+. Jordan scored 60+ five times, and the Bulls' record in those games was 2-3, the victories being over the Pistons and Cavaliers.

i feel you, but i wasn't just talkin' about the 60 pluses...all those playoff opposing team color shoes he made was the main focus
but his scoring 60 over boston is still a victory, albeit a personal victory for him, hence the celebration in releasing the shoes he wore during them

I'm starting to think Mike thinks of consumers as the enemy with all these butchered retros and horrid colorways.
I agree 150%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to take into consideration that MJ and Jordan Brand were paying homage to other teams long before the thought of the DMP 1 pack and the upcomingVI's...

I haven't read one comment yet regarding the city series X's that originally came out back in 95'. Sac X's, Orlando X's, Seattle X's,NY X's, and of course Chicago X's were all given love and appreciation, city-wise, before MJ was able to get the other 3 championships.

Back
Top Bottom