It's sad we've all forgotten what Jordan's are for.

Lol I did the same with the 2/21 package by playing ball in the 21s. Even before that when I first tried them, they felt one of the most comfortable shoes towear and play.

I haven't read everyone's post/reply so I might be repeating something someone's already said but IMO ever since the first Team Jordan shoe or ifnot then when he left the game J's are for sportin & Teams are for ballin. Then came the retros. In '96 I couldn't afford the XI's sowhen they retro'd them in '00 I could afford them so I had to get them but I wasn't gonna get them to ball in. I'm 32 & still play pick up& in leagues so I get shoes so sport and FOR sport. It's just with me, I prefer to play in the Teams & sport the J's.

I admittedly never play in any of my Jordans just because i had to pay an arm and a leg for many of them
and i don't want to scuff them up... i just wear em' for casual occasions.

And Nike makes much better quality "basketball" shoes anyway so i just ball in huaraches or ZK1's

Originally Posted by sosmoove

Agreed. I've been feeling like this for a while now. Especially just last year when I played in college, sometimes you want to hoop in something sick but you would rather wear them because you know they wont last on the court because of the quality.

According to popular culture and hip hop, Jordan's are for "clubs". I don't know who this Michael Jordan fellow is, but he sure makes"ill" kicks for the club.

my cdp 18's are just sitting there untouched, hmmmm well......i guess i just found some new basketball shoes
smile.gif

I understand what the topic creator is trying to say but let people spend their money how they want. If they want to just buy a pair to keep on ice let them dothem.
Personally I feel like Jordans started out as a casual shoe and lately has been trying to turn back into a basketball brand as you can see with the designs onthe recent Jordans from 17 and onward. Thus that is why the recent Jordan releases are looked down upon due to NOT being as nice cosmetically to be able to beworn casually.

For example the Jordans from 19-22 are IMO some of the best basketball shoes I have ever worn on the court yet the most popular Jordans are the ones thathappen to lack severely when it comes to on court performance such as the 1,3,4,5,etc

Besides the 23 most of the new modeled Jordans are amazing on the court yet get hated on for their looks. Most of the people on this board won't buy the2k9s claiming they look like high heels but I personally know a few people who ball in them and supposedly they have amazing traction.

Its funny how basketball shoes designed for the GOAT get judged on their appearance rather than their purpose.

Originally Posted by xblker47

The XXI's are my favorite jordan when it comes to ball
pimp.gif
most comfy pair of kicks i have ever worn on the court ever! ...... i found this out when i got a small scuff on the red suede ones, and got allcry baby about it...so i turned em into hoopin shoes ... best accident that could ever happen..
laugh.gif

i hoop in alot of my older Jordans that dont meet the so fresh and clean standards anymore..
smokin.gif
, but they look great on the court!

That's really sad. On one hand, the quality of jordans, especially retros, have downgraded so much. On the other hand, the thinking of today'sgeneration has made jays solely a fashion item, no longer for balling that makes you feel you can fly... Although back in the day, many incidents of crime hasalready been linked to having jordans due to fashion & social status...but, the performance of every sig line that came out promised great quality... &this is a thing that we miss.

So basically what your saying is we should play ball in our DMP's (the first ones), Laneys, black/red 01 XI's, etc.. Other hot shoes that arecollectores items? You show me one person that plays ball in a pair of DMP 11's or Eminem II's or Finale/Titanium XX3's and Ill believe that weshould ball in them

Originally Posted by Kickology

I understand what the topic creator is trying to say but let people spend their money how they want. If they want to just buy a pair to keep on ice let them do them.
Personally I feel like Jordans started out as a casual shoe and lately has been trying to turn back into a basketball brand as you can see with the designs on the recent Jordans from 17 and onward. Thus that is why the recent Jordan releases are looked down upon due to NOT being as nice cosmetically to be able to be worn casually.

For example the Jordans from 19-22 are IMO some of the best basketball shoes I have ever worn on the court yet the most popular Jordans are the ones that happen to lack severely when it comes to on court performance such as the 1,3,4,5,etc

Besides the 23 most of the new modeled Jordans are amazing on the court yet get hated on for their looks. Most of the people on this board won't buy the 2k9s claiming they look like high heels but I personally know a few people who ball in them and supposedly they have amazing traction.

Its funny how basketball shoes designed for the GOAT get judged on their appearance rather than their purpose.

18s are definetely up there too.

the cdp 19s r perfect to ball in thats why i got the 4/19 to rock the 4 and ball in the 19

Its sad that JB forgot what Jordans were for.....How do you expect people to play in them when quality isn't up to par...Paint chipping from casualwalking, what will happen to them on the court?

So true. Why pay twice as much for less performance? The best basketball shoes are usually worn b lebron or kobe, and the are cheaper than J's. I stilllove to ball in J's, (the XIV especially) dont get me wrong, but I certainly understand why folks choose not to.

i understand what you are saying, i even totally agree

but you will not find an audience for this in the JB forum

Originally Posted by MySolesSoar

Some people just happen to like the style of Jordans and wear them casually .. is that a crime?
I think it's widely known that Jordans are basketball sneaker so I wouldn't spend too much time thinking
people forgot...
And you must respect that people can do whatever they want with their money .. I'm not locking away my jordans just because I don't feel like playing ball today.
And has it ever crossed your mind that some people keep their shoes on ice because they are actual SHOE COLLECTORS.
You don't see these toy collectors ripping open the package after they get them and start playing with their new toy.. They keep them in a package on the shelf.
It shouldn't bother you what everyone else is doing.
Collectors ruin everything.
I'm w/ the guy who started this thread, Jordans used to be the best b-ball shoes on earth and they were innovative, now.. they are terrible shoes and thebrand just continues to regurgitate their old designs. I collected when nobody did, when having 5 year old Jordans in the box because I bought 3 pairs wasconsidered ******ed. Now it's so friggin trendy I wouldn't collect at all. I sold all my shoes for a lot of money and only buy the high end signatureshoes to play in. When you buy jordans now it's kind of like that guy at the gym w/ the full uniform and the warm ups and the matching headband andwristband... trying too hard to compensate for a lack of game. Times have changed but trends are for the young because they don't know any better.

i ball in whatever is on my feet at the time i dont even care if they scuff because i got this thing called shoe cleaner

eff that. and eff this thread.
these sneakers are 135 plus. im not gonna mess em up on the court. do you and stop worrying about other people

lol at the attempt of an oldhead(veteran) in the game trying to tell the younger(less experienced) shoeheads wat to do. i cop because i like in most cases.sometimes i cop because i can sell or trade for something i like. i rock jordans on the court also. but i refuse to spend 150 on several pairs of shoes and runthem into the ground. makes no since. i love new shoes. just so happens that jordans are the best looking shoes out there to me! i never copped to be likemike. and im pretty sure 99 percent on NT didnt cop to try to b like mike either

Back
Top Bottom