ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

RA and be-at.tv streaming time warp right now.

RA is streaming the Abyss stage, be-at is doing cave and halo stages.
good lineups for all stages. but marcell dettmann & chris liebing would
be must see for me on abyss stage.

btw, did anyoen go see ben klock last nite at output?

and i love living in LA. tonite MK and kevin saunderson at one warehouse party,
and monoloc and cio d'or at another one. cant go wrong with either, but im going to the latter.
should b dope!

Last edited:
Pretty Lights came out with a remix album. Still listening to it but this song has stood out so far.

“I’ve spent all day looking up videos of these guys on Youtube. I can’t even tell if half of them are DJs or plumbers because all I keep finding are videos of boiler rooms
laugh.gif
 best part of the article

My take on Hardwell/s popularity: IMO his appeal is mostly related to his music and not gimmicks or youth. He was by far my favorite dj in 2011-mid '12. i think his best trait for broad appeal is being the bridge between the SHM/Avicii sound and harder electro/progressive house which theres a HUGE market of dedicated fans for right now.

he put out dope original productions, his weekly hardwell on air mixes were crack, had the best bootleg packs, was signing talented young artists and their tracks to his own label, and killing his live sets. that's basically everything you can do from a music standpoint as an EDM DJ.

dude was really an EDM prodigy imo and even though I haven't messed with him like that for a while, he deserves his DJMag ranking and paid his dues through music.

edit: one knock on him i've always had are his excessive 'EDM poses' 
laugh.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw for those who are regulars in this thread, i decided to dump the @nYcHipHopHippo  name to have a uniform IG/Twitter/Soundcloud name

Last edited:
I stopped reading after this quote "I’ve been going to EDM events ever since it became popular back in 2009 so I think I should know who is who by now"
laugh.gif

better late then ever i suppose, I gotta find the list myself now

^the article wasn't really based on an actual hardwell fan 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You can start with Flying Lotus or xxyyxx for some ambient type of stuff you posted. Thing is bigger artists out there have these type of songs all the time on their albums and EPs it's just that they want to have a diverse album when selling it besides having the usual edm singles they'll have.

finally got to see theo parrsh do his thing last nite.
soooo good. sometimes its not about the cleanest mixes,
track selection is crucial.

going to see nina kraviz tonite. pretty excited.

RIP happy I could say I got the chance to see them live

wonder if the remaining member will find someone else to continue working as duo, or try going solo.

RIP happy I could say I got the chance to see them live

wonder if the remaining member will find someone else to continue working as duo, or try going solo.

Pretty sure he has been doing gigs all summer/fall solo.

R.I.P., I remember their set at EZoo 2012 being really dope :pimp: , set my mood great for the day in attendance.

Last edited:
Maarten actually had a gig here in Taipei 5 days ago. Didn't go cause I landed too late. :frown:

I did get to see both of them 3 years ago.

RIP. Seen them a few times before, remember a club show where they were pounding Goose like there was no tomorrow :lol:

Need to check that new Burial out.

Yea I definitely need a source for music. Honestly am not a fan of blogs telling me what to like, though I feel like they can have too much influence instead of allowing me to objectively listen and trust my own ear. I don't even leave soundcloud comments up when I'm checking out a song to keep my ear as unbiased as possible.

I normally listen to mixes and then download/"like" the songs that draw the biggest reactions/feelings out of me.

One way I found great music when I was into prog house is liking every artist I had music dl'd by on soundcloud, then going through every track they had uploaded. I'm planning on taking a day to do that soon now that my taste has changed and know I'll discover a lot of good stuff that way.

1001tracklists is definitely my favorite music related site though.

I like fistintheair.com, they have a good selection of new music and you can filter on what genre you want to see (ie. trap, EDM, dub step, etc.) 

Resident Advisor is a good site but the people that post on there are some of the biggest dbags on the Internet.
1001 tracklists is great, mixesDB is solid too.
Runderground, Future Sound, Electronic Fresh, Electro Buzz are good "sources" too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom