ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

Anyone listen to deep house? I'm not really into this new american edm scene. I've been searching youtube but I can't find any particular artists that I like. Any help?

LOL how awesomely relevant LOL

i really dont like the term "deep house". i simply call it house. a particular track can be deep tho. just like it can be jazzy, soulful, tech-y, or funky.
"deep" is just a description of the sound of a particular track to me, and i dont really like using it as a name for a genre or an umbrella term to describe a wide range of sound in "real" house music..

for example, this track is "deep" to me.

this one is jazzy (obviously lol)

this one is soulful

and this one would be deep and techy.

but all these tracks could fall under the umbrella term/genre "deep house", used so by most people out of convenience (i do it too).

here are some producers/djs i like in house : kerri chandler, maya jane coles, dennis ferrer, julio bashmore, levon vincent, jay tripwire, black coffee,
john tejada, MK, mosca, theo parrish, moodymann, masters at work (louie vega & kenny dope), sebo k, detroit swindle, joe claussell, claude von stroke,
fred p, genius of time, art department, kyle hall, basic soul unit, atjazz, jimpster, motor city drum ensemble, omar s, steffi, larry heard, ian pooley and goes on and on...

there soooo much good house out there its such a waste of time listening to stuff like swedish house mafia or whatever else people think is "house" these days.

Last edited:
^^ Good looking out my man. I'm new to the genre and all I really know is I don't like the stuff that's uber popular now it really sucks. Well be checking out those producers, and that Black coffee song you posted is smooth as hell. Cheers :smokin

little cheesy but love this

great place to find "deep house" lol stupid term but if ppl are listening to deep house I aint mad Julio bashmore is tight although his new stuff is pretty bad

pretty much the baddddest DJ's in the game post here

http://www.juno.co.uk/deep-house/top_dj_charts/

Here to hot stuff

http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/asp/chart.asp?genre=house-techno&range=weekly

Last edited:
Why would you wanna go solo tonight? Just wait it out to go with some of your friends.
Because its msg. Theres a different atmosphere in msg. I went last night btw and it was the best night of my life. Everyone going next 3 days in brooklyn enjoy

Now I'm worried, *sigh* that **** looked wack. no offense. My friends got tickets for monday and are holding one for me but :rolleyes
I know DYWC is a slower song too but
sorry I just didn't see the energy, maybe its the disconnect with the fans in the stands or what.

Now I'm worried, *sigh* that **** looked wack. no offense. My friends got tickets for monday and are holding one for me but :rolleyes
sorry I just didn't see the energy, maybe its the disconnect with the fans in the stands or what.

I see what you're saying. Agreed, it's not a very energetic song. It's a crowd killer. Every show I've been to, whether it be a club show or in a huge venue, whenever a DJ throws that on, the crowd kind of checks out. It's fine as a pop song, but live it's just terrible.

That being said, there absolutely is a disconnect at a venue like MSG, but that's the nature of the venue and the rock concert set-up. I wouldn't let a crappy YouTube video of a crowd-killing song discourage you though.

that's why you get drunk and high to be active. pop if you want to get in there
grin.gif

EDIT: saw the last minute when he told everyone to sit down, coulda swore they told us to that for another song in SF, oh well

Last edited:
Now I'm worried, *sigh* that **** looked wack. no offense. My friends got tickets for monday and are holding one for me but
eyes.gif

If you thought that lacked energy have fun at barclays on the 3rd night theyre there. Ive never been there but from reviews and looking at pics its even less intimate than msg. If youre not even on the floor dont bother

I'm all for everyone having a good time, I just know I wouldn't enjoy myself if I went to see them. They have very generic, what-you-expect-to-hear type of sets. There is only so many times I can hear One. Miami 2 Ibiza, etc, over and over again.

Basically, if you've seen any of them solo, expect that morphed into the three of them standing up there.

Basically, if you've seen any of them solo, expect that morphed into the three of them standing up there.

This is what bugs me the most about the infatuation with the trio. I don't mind hearing the songs, but seeing the trio is basically like seeing them individually, but with three dudes on stage instead of one. It's really just the greatest marketing ploy in EDM.

This is what bugs me the most about the infatuation with the trio. I don't mind hearing the songs, but seeing the trio is basically like seeing them individually, but with three dudes on stage instead of one. It's really just the greatest marketing ploy in EDM.

This. Except I've never seen them indiviually prior to seeing SHM a couple weeks ago, so it worked out fine. In the end, I had a blast, so it was perfect.

I've seen Angello and Ingrosso solo and enjoyed both sets significantly more than I did with all 3 of them. When I saw them together it sucked.

truth. whats funny is that A&B most of the time just has two guys up there spinning and one is always MIA. but no one ever seems to complain about that :lol:

They actually dont play the same songs individually. Their respective catalogs are wide enough that they dont have to play only 'SHM' songs when spinning individually. Not that DJ's only play their own songs but you get the drift..

Friday was my first time seeing any major DJ live. Never even been to Pacha. But I've been following the careers of these 3 since I was like 14. Thats what made Friday so special for me. I missed out on the first MSG show. I finally got to hear some of these songs I've loved for years live by 3 of my favorite dj's that happened to be in a group.

Btw, musically, the set Friday was very fresh in my opinion. The remixes and overall song selection was just perfect for a just over 2 hour arena set.

If their final set at Ultra is only 2 hours thats gonna be highly disappointing even for me who's just gonna download it. I hope its like 4 hours long. I wish I could be there regardless

truth. whats funny is that A&B most of the time just has two guys up there spinning and one is always MIA. but no one ever seems to complain about that :lol:

The catalog of trance that A&B has to work with though is much bigger than the one SHM has. Different crowds to please too. There's a difference in SHM tickets for this tour going for $150+200+ on Stubhub, and the recent A&B Roseland Ballroom show in NYC going for, I kid you not, $400+ a ticket. Not that I (or I would hope anyone else) would be dumb enough to spend $400+ to see a DJ, but you get my point.

If their final set at Ultra is only 2 hours thats gonna be highly disappointing even for me who's just gonna download it. I hope its like 4 hours long. I wish I could be there regardless

No shot their Ultra set will be 4 hours. 2 hours is safe to agree on though. And I can bet it will be very similar, if not the same, as the sets they've been playing since the tour started.

I am not a DJ myself, but I have friends in the industry who are, but I just can't understand how/why these high profile DJs constantly play the same sets over and over. Is it really that hard to have it changed up for a next gig? I can understand back-to-back nights at a club being the same, but a few weeks/month afterwards, the set should be different IMO.

Went to SHM at MSG. Had an amazing time. I get it, i know they're playing 90% the same set 4 days in a row. I know that "One last tour" is 100% ridiculous. They've been around for like 6 years. They're not The Stones or The Beatles. I know that there is one track playing from the CDJ and that 3 guys just stand there pumping there arms. I get it that "Don't you Worry CHild", "reload", and "In My Mind" and "Atom" are played in every DJs sets and ive heard them all a million times. I bought my ticket 3 hours before the show because i didn't want to miss out on their MSG show. I had a blast and I loved every second of it.

I am not a DJ myself, but I have friends in the industry who are, but I just can't understand how/why these high profile DJs constantly play the same sets over and over. Is it really that hard to have it changed up for a next gig? I can understand back-to-back nights at a club being the same, but a few weeks/month afterwards, the set should be different IMO.
I think it's kinda wack too, but part of the reason is that big tours and shows have light shows programmed specifically for the set. Like when they have words appear and things, it has to be the same to match up with what's going on on stage. It's more of a production than a live performance, which has positives and negatives.

I think it's kinda wack too, but part of the reason is that big tours and shows have light shows programmed specifically for the set. Like when they have words appear and things, it has to be the same to match up with what's going on on stage. It's more of a production than a live performance, which has positives and negatives.
doesnt stop the god from mixing & having live visuals...some rather mix drinks than mix tracks haha.

Back
Top Bottom