ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

EDCNY line up anyone??? Looks like I'm going just Friday since my girls bday is on the 18th... smh oh well lol...

Not out yet. I actually trolled the EDM community by making a fake lineup a few weeks ago :rofl: and even the EDCNY twitter account called it out saying it's fake.

You might have seen it.

Last edited:
Thought about going to the Garden on the 30th but it will only be a 4-5 hours event... and floor tickets are 120+

I will hit up Best Buy Theater, avoid Pacha. Place is tiny, overcrowds easily and bouncers won't let you back in if you go out for a cig.

Thinking about hitting up the Best buy theatre. Not huge into Trance, but i'm a fan. I want to get more into it.

hoollldddd muuhhh dii********

i knew Pasqualle wasnt't going to BS his first time coming out to the Midwest, and I couldn't have been more correct. TECHNOBOY (just played in the US For the first time about a month ago in LA)! MAT ZO! great additions all around. soooo stoked too see Technoboy, hardstyle events never happened in Kansas City. My $175 ticket Is completely validated at this point, but there's still more to come apparently. i need to see : A&B, AvB, Arty, Audien, Prydz, Fedde, Hardwell, Headhunterz, Markus, Mat Zo, Morgan Page, Mt Eden, Schoolboy, Tritonal & UZ.

Last edited:
Thought about going to the Garden on the 30th but it will only be a 4-5 hours event... and floor tickets are 120+

I will hit up Best Buy Theater, avoid Pacha. Place is tiny, overcrowds easily and bouncers won't let you back in if you go out for a cig.

if you go upstairs you can get out for a smoke

hoollldddd muuhhh dii********

i knew Pasqualle wasnt't going to BS his first time coming out to the Midwest, and I couldn't have been more correct. TECHNOBOY (just played in the US For the first time about a month ago in LA)! MAT ZO! great additions all around. soooo stoked too see Technoboy, hardstyle events never happened in Kansas City. My $175 ticket Is completely validated at this point, but there's still more to come apparently. i need to see : A&B, AvB, Arty, Audien, Prydz, Fedde, Hardwell, Headhunterz, Markus, Mat Zo, Morgan Paige, Mt Eden, Schoolboy, Tritonal & UZ.

and this is just considered a warm up to edc las vegas... i cant even see this lineup getting topped! :wow:

unless they get daft punk :lol:

btw this thread will never realistically work to its potential imo. There are clearly knowledgeable and real music fans in here, but for the most part there are big rifts between fans of different genres of EDM and different generations.

This is even worse on a board like NT where there are way too many condescending hipster type douches that love to critique others in order to validate their own existence. And this isn't just limited to electronic music, it happens with literally EVERYTHING on this board. Like I'm positive people even got mad at me and wrote off my credibility just because I used the term "EDM" as an all-ecompassing name, since using the term edm is too "mainstream" or whatever for them.

Being a real fan to me is being passionate about the music, PERIOD. A fake fan is the type of dude that just goes to events for the sole purpose of finding chicks while he barely knows about the DJ or as a place to get high. The type of dude to get a table at a place/event where its the "place to be" and then awkwardly have his hands in the air trying to fit in. Or the type of dude who would say "techno is gay" last year and then be posting a video from his lame low budget college show he attended thinking he/she is doing it. And then you dudes who are criticizing new fans are lame too. It's not like this music was always super accessible to people, it takes exposure to discover new things you like. So you don't know if person x just wasn't exposed to it before or if he falls under the category of the "techno is gay" person. NT is a big message board and you don't know people's lives like that to criticize them.

Last edited:
On a side not, anyone going to Ultra? I was in Miami during Christmas/New Years time for 3 weeks and it was crazy. People don't stop partying there. Wish I could be there for WMC with the connects I have there and people I know but I tore my achilles playing ball :smh:

On a side not, anyone going to Ultra? I was in Miami during Christmas/New Years time for 3 weeks and it was crazy. People don't stop partying there. Wish I could be there for WMC with the connects I have there and people I know but I tore my achilles playing ball :smh:

Going to Miami in 3 days :smokin Friend has a condo down there and we are going like 15 deep to ultra and south beach

btw this thread will never realistically work to its potential imo. There are clearly knowledgeable and real music fans in here, but for the most part there are big rifts between fans of different genres of EDM and different generations.

This is even worse on a board like NT where there are way too many condescending hipster type douches that love to critique others in order to validate their own existence. And this isn't just limited to electronic music, it happens with literally EVERYTHING on this board. Like I'm positive people even got mad at me and wrote off my credibility just because I used the term "EDM" as an all-ecompassing name, since using the term edm is too "mainstream" or whatever for them.

Being a real fan to me is being passionate about the music, PERIOD. A fake fan is the type of dude that just goes to events for the sole purpose of finding chicks while he barely knows about the DJ or as a place to get high. The type of dude to get a table at a place/event where its the "place to be" and then awkwardly have his hands in the air trying to fit in. Or the type of dude who would say "techno is gay" last year and then be posting a video from his lame low budget college show he attended thinking he/she is doing it. And then you dudes who are criticizing new fans are lame too. It's not like this music was always super accessible to people, it takes exposure to discover new things you like. So you don't know if person x just wasn't exposed to it before or if he falls under the category of the "techno is gay" person. NT is a big message board and you don't know people's lives like that to criticize them.

That IS the new fan. Have you NOT been to festivals or shows lately? Have you NOT noticed the BROS and lames trying to fight? That's why all the older generation of electronic music listener's dislike the new movement of "EDM". The commercialization and watering down of the music has attracted a plethora of "fans" that talked **** about electronic music in the past. Those same dudes listening to SHM and Avicci were the same people saying "techno is gay" before electronic music hit the mainstream. There is PLENTY of good new music being pumped out, but TBH, most of the new "fans" are the reason why EDC and Ultra are charging damn near 400 dollars a damn ticket. Fairweather or bandwagon fans aren't liked or accepted in sports, and it makes sense that they aren't in music. Why? Because those same people will stop listening to it, as soon as the new wave of popular music rises to the top. Those aren't "fans" to me.

That IS the new fan. Have you NOT been to festivals or shows lately? Have you NOT noticed the BROS and lames trying to fight? That's why all the older generation of electronic music listener's dislike the new movement of "EDM". The commercialization and watering down of the music has attracted a plethora of "fans" that talked **** about electronic music in the past. Those same dudes listening to SHM and Avicci were the same people saying "techno is gay" before electronic music hit the mainstream. There is PLENTY of good new music being pumped out, but TBH, most of the new "fans" are the reason why EDC and Ultra are charging damn near 400 dollars a damn ticket. Fairweather or bandwagon fans aren't liked or accepted in sports, and it makes sense that they aren't in music. Why? Because those same people will stop listening to it, as soon as the new wave of popular music rises to the top. Those aren't "fans" to me.
Wanna make a sports analogy? EDC and UMF are like the Superbowl of music festivals. Guess what, Superbowl tickets are way more than $300. EDC tickets were cheaper before? So were Superbowl tickets. Is it ok for fans of other teams to attend the Superbowl? Is it worth $300 for me to see a lot of the acts that I want to see all in the same place? Yes, it is. Maybe you weren't around when EDC was smaller in scale, but I was. They were a lot of fun, but they were not a one stop shop for electronic music like they are today.

Some of the "older generation" of electronic music fans aren't babies like you. Some of us acknowledge that it is a fad, and accept it as such. Does it get a little annoying? Of course. But am I gonna whine about it? No. You're no different than the "rap was better in the 90s" crowd that refuses to listen to some of the quality hip hop that is out today.

Wanna make a sports analogy? EDC and UMF are like the Superbowl of music festivals. Guess what, Superbowl tickets are way more than $300. EDC tickets were cheaper before? So were Superbowl tickets. Is it ok for fans of other teams to attend the Superbowl? Is it worth $300 for me to see a lot of the acts that I want to see all in the same place? Yes, it is. Maybe you weren't around when EDC was smaller in scale, but I was. They were a lot of fun, but they were not a one stop shop for electronic music like they are today.

Some of the "older generation" of electronic music fans aren't babies like you. Some of us acknowledge that it is a fad, and accept it as such. Does it get a little annoying? Of course. But am I gonna whine about it? No. You're no different than the "rap was better in the 90s" crowd that refuses to listen to some of the quality hip hop that is out today.

I refuse to listen to to quality music? You might to want to read what you quote before responding. Here I'll requote it for you so you can read it..

There is PLENTY of good new music being pumped out

So cross out that second paragraph you typed out and make up something else to help your argument.

And as far as EDC goes, I attended in 2001 and 2003 at NOS, which was the first times I saw Christopher Lawrence, DJ Dan, Miguel Migs, and Trent Cantrelle. I don't recall paying over 30 dollars for either of those, and yes they were basically one stop shops for electronic music, I don't know who you're kidding. The only difference was that the music was definitely not mainstream, so you can cross out that first paragraph too.

i can kind of somewhat understand the big festivals being steep but i wouldnt pay $300-500 (broke 
frown.gif
). what i really cant ******g stand are the individual shows being $60+. 

im close to DC and they are getting some decent acts coming through and some are playing club venues during the week (can't make them tho because i got work in the morning 
frown.gif
) with the bigger names going to a larger venue. Guetta and Calvin Harris are coming thru in the next few weeks @ $60 a show (**** that) while Alesso, Dash Berlin, and Markus Schultz are also coming @ $30 a show, which i can deal with.

Last edited:
when things get popular they cost more it's common ******g sense.

If you can't find an artist / stage you like at edc... with hundreds of performers and 6 different stages going on at once, you're taking this **** way to seriously and you need to just ****.

:x

moving forward i need help I'm trying to make a play list, if you're familiar with these 3 songs you'll understand if not you'll kinda understand the theme and sound I'm going for so i need a few more.

not exactly edm but not exactly not either.

i would greatlyyyyyyy appreciate if someone can recommend similar songs.

If you can't find an artist / stage you like at edc... with hundreds of performers and 6 different stages going on at once, you're taking this **** way to seriously and you need to just ****.

What does that have to do with anything? Nobody is even talking about that..

^ actually EDC is filled with a bunch of lames paying way to much for a punch of ****** corny DJS and fuzzy lights.... whatever EDM is is just a capitalist industry that makes millions off peoples lack of understanding of anything that is real and being a sheep to souless nothingless culture much like most of american popular culture...... All parties I got to are never more than 20$..... usually 5 or 10, its about creating a community, building something, enjoying each other, not some promoters whoring out these MP3j's for whatever little formulated and falsely created "talent"

^ actually EDC is filled with a bunch of lames paying way to much for a punch of ****** corny DJS and fuzzy lights.... whatever EDM is is just a capitalist industry that makes millions off peoples lack of understanding of anything that is real and being a sheep to souless nothingless culture much like most of american popular culture...... All parties I got to are never more than 20$..... usually 5 or 10, its about creating a community, building something, enjoying each other, not some promoters whoring out these MP3j's for whatever little formulated and falsely created "talent"

Everyone check out the cool guy.

Dude just made my case for me and is exactly why this thread will never work

Woulda been dope to talk music with you guys because NT is literally the only message board I'm a member of and I love so many different genres of electronic music.

You talk about "creating a community, building something, [and] enjoying each other," and we have the chance to do that here, yet you do the exact opposite by calling everyone into the more popular brands of music mindless sheep with poor taste in music and saying the DJs/producers they're fans of have no talent.

Clearly those things are not what you're about. Most likely you're just a typical NT hipster, ironically being like so many other people in your conscious effort to be different from everyone else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom