ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

sell outs or not, thunder is a ridiculous track. :wow:

that Countach track that MiLiTARYiVxV2 posted is :pimp: too

Last edited:
Just a few more days before I'm off to Detroit for my first movement. Hadn't been giving it much thought until my buddy was asking which after parties I was planning on hitting up. Started looking at things and decided that I'm going to take this trip to finally catch Glenn Underground and Boo Williams they're doing a show a few blocks from the hotel I'm staying at, they've got some FB guest list for 10 bucks, but it'd mean I'd have to leave the festival before MAW gets done with their set.

EDC NY this weekend...Can't Wait. Meeting my our friend Molly there for the first time.. any advice? Should I drink before i see her?

you've just offended so many people :lol:

you can drink but don't over do it. the last thing on the planet you want to be is belligerent drunk and rolling.

they both dehydrate you.

make sure you're drinking water. I'd cop 2 bottles drinking one and keeping one in your back pocket or something. cop some gum or something to chew cause it can cause you to clench / grind your teeth and you'll hate yourself the next day.

Oh and definitely get a light show. in my experience asians are the best :lol:

have fun :smokin

Ready to get ugly in Dada Land this Friday in the Bay
glasses.gif

So excited

Just a few more days before I'm off to Detroit for my first movement. Hadn't been giving it much thought until my buddy was asking which after parties I was planning on hitting up. Started looking at things and decided that I'm going to take this trip to finally catch Glenn Underground and Boo Williams they're doing a show a few blocks from the hotel I'm staying at, they've got some FB guest list for 10 bucks, but it'd mean I'd have to leave the festival before MAW gets done with their set.

im fukkin jealous man...
if youre looking for afterparties heres a complete list. http://www.movementafterparties.com/2013/

some of them look dope as hell. the perc trax party, the CLR party, the Klockworks party, and the Interface/blank code party all look dope.

as far as the lineup for the festival goes, man you cant really go wrong with any of those stages for all 3 days, all day.
but that marcel dettmann b2b ben klock set saturday night would be the highlight for me.

again, soooo jealous...i WILL make it out to detroit one of these years...

you've just offended so many people :lol:

offended?? lol. naw more like disdainful contempt.

Oh and definitely get a light show. in my experience asians are the best :lol:

yea lets go head and make ur drug use even more conspicuous...

i got a better advice for the kid : fck the lightshows, get up off your a ss and dance, by yourself or with other people, with the same or opposite sex, whichever ur preference may be. trust me your "dancer's high" will be better than being tripped out by some lights.

stay hydrated, but dont overhydrate. just drink fluids (wit electrolytes/sodium if possible) like you would normally drink when you get thirsty.

Last edited:
im fukkin jealous man...
if youre looking for afterparties heres a complete list. http://www.movementafterparties.com/2013/

some of them look dope as hell. the perc trax party, the CLR party, the Klockworks party, and the Interface/blank code party all look dope.

as far as the lineup for the festival goes, man you cant really go wrong with any of those stages for all 3 days, all day.
but that marcel dettmann b2b ben klock set saturday night would be the highlight for me.

again, soooo jealous...i WILL make it out to detroit one of these years...

Yeah I'm probably going to limit my after partying to 1 event during the weekend, I don't want to fall into the trap of trying to do a 72 hour weekend with 6 hours of sleep and then have to go right back to work when I get back to town. My buddy just linked me to another after party on Sunday night with Paul Johnson, Iz, Lego, Trevor Lamont and a bunch of other good house/techno djs. It's pretty close to the other one I'm heading to so I may try to hit both spots in one night. It'll be fun to party like I was 20 again.

edit: I should have a decent amount of photos and possibly video from the festival too, we managed to get press credentials for the fest and I got roped into doing some stills work (which means I get to pack my camera and shoot even though I've completely been slacking for the last 4 years) Still not sure what sort of kit I'm going to pack to bring, but I think I'm going to use my pentax with a 10-17mm as a backup and a canon with a 50 and an 18-200mm as the main.

Last edited:
A pretrial conference in L.A. on May 13th revealed that Pasquale Rotella could possibly be paying some serious jail time. The LA County District Attorney claims that Rotella was using funds that he earned from his EDC events to pay off city officials. According to RadarOnline.com, Rotella tried bribing city officials with $2.5 million to be able to host raves at the Los Angeles landmark.

The Insomniac CEO posted bail alongside with 5 other men and posted $1.4 million bail. If convicted, Rotella could be facing quite some time in prison. Despite the allegations, his attorney, Gary Jay Kaufman, is confident that Rotella does not have to worry about anything. He called the charges, “politically motivated and publicity driven.”

“[Rotella] has always acted lawfully and appropriately with respect to all of his dealings with the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum,” Kaufman said via Radar. “Any allegations of wrongdoing on the part of Mr. Rotella by the District Attorney’s office are completely baseless and flat-out wrong, both on the law and on the facts.”

What could this mean for the future of the Insomniac Events?

offended?? lol. naw more like disdainful contempt.
yea lets go head and make ur drug use even more conspicuous...

i got a better advice for the kid : fck the lightshows, get up off your a ss and dance, by yourself or with other people, with the same or opposite sex, whichever ur preference may be. trust me your "dancer's high" will be better than being tripped out by some lights.

stay hydrated, but dont overhydrate. just drink fluids (wit electrolytes/sodium if possible) like you would normally drink when you get thirsty.

ayo my underground heads, on the real tho, i am completely obliterated at festivals :lol: i cannot lie. i usually drink a ton of alch to pregame before entering. and have party favors when i sober up later in the night. friends say im crazy for doing that, and it probably is. but if you can handle it, handle it.

remember, SIP water, do not chug.

as for parties for movement, i 100000000% recommend Jak Attack with: Richie Hawtin / Gaiser live / Hobo / Dubfire / Paco Osuna / Carlo Lio / Matthew Hawtin / Clark Warner. GOOD LORD Gaiser killed it when i saw him a year ago.
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/Sa...=loadSelectionData&eventId=3575864&pl=paxahau

here's who i would check out at movement:
SAT: xxxy, T williams, moodyman, carl craig, dave clarke, richie hawtin, chris malinchak!!!!, miguel Campbell, matador, paco osuna, nina kraviz, nicole moudaber, slam

SUN: Mala, Dubfire, soul clap, tensnake, art department, dennis ferrer, masters at work, magda, ben klock & marcel dettmann, j phlip, samo sound boy

MON: Tokimonsta, azari and iii, nico jaar, TEED, derrick may and kevin saunderson, laura jones, george fitzgerald, cajmere, MAETRIK, digweed, drumcell, kidnap kid

Last edited:
ayo my underground heads, on the real tho, i am completely obliterated at festivals :lol: i cannot lie. i usually drink a ton of alch to pregame before entering. and have party favors when i sober up later in the night. friends say im crazy for doing that, and it probably is. but if you can handle it, handle it.

remember, SIP water, do not chug.

as for parties for movement, i 100000000% recommend Jak Attack with: Richie Hawtin / Gaiser live / Hobo / Dubfire / Paco Osuna / Carlo Lio / Matthew Hawtin / Clark Warner. GOOD LORD Gaiser killed it when i saw him a year ago.
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/Sa...=loadSelectionData&eventId=3575864&pl=paxahau

here's who i would check out at movement:
SAT: xxxy, T williams, moodyman, carl craig, dave clarke, richie hawtin, chris malinchak!!!!, miguel Campbell, matador, paco osuna, nina kraviz, nicole moudaber, slam

SUN: Mala, Dubfire, soul clap, tensnake, art department, dennis ferrer, masters at work, magda, ben klock & marcel dettmann, j phlip, samo sound boy

MON: Tokimonsta, azari and iii, nico jaar, TEED, derrick may and kevin saunderson, laura jones, george fitzgerald, cajmere, MAETRIK, digweed, drumcell, kidnap kid

haha, yea man, thats what i do for festivals. i pregame with alcohol, maybe a few more beers inside, then do whatever else.
its cuz i dont like to start off with more than alcohol and weed. i like to ease into the day/night and save the party favors for peak time.
im not anti drug or anti being fckd up at festivals. im jus saying be cool n handle ur sht if your gonna do em lol. and dont make it a priority over the music or dancing or having fun in general. and also dont make it a necessity.

and yea that line up for jack attack looks dope.

i would add lucy and steffi for saturday ; squarepusher, stacey pullen, dan bell, tommy four seven, luke slater/planetary sound system, steve rachmad for sunday ; and francois k, rrose, silent servant, truncate, and dvs1 for monday.

Last edited:
The new ADULT. album put them on my gotta catch list. I wasn't very happy with their last album, and it's been a long time since their really good output, but once I got a copy of the new album I got really into it.

Back
Top Bottom