ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

what he says makes a lot of sense. i was a bit mad but I understand.

I don't know why he doesn't take the deadmau5 route and just do some live productions. Cause you can't go anywhere else to hear a unique productions artists catalog live but at home or if they're djing themselves.

he said something along the lines of "the music quality has gone down as well as the output, meanwhile everyone is on the headline of every show or festival flyer"

less shows, more music.

respect it. he wants to make music not play it.

what he says makes a lot of sense. i was a bit mad but I understand.

I don't know why he doesn't take the deadmau5 route and just do some live productions. Cause you can't go anywhere else to hear a unique productions artists catalog live but at home or if they're djing themselves.

he said something along the lines of "the music quality has gone down as well as the output, meanwhile everyone is on the headline of every show or festival flyer"

less shows, more music.

respect it. he wants to make music not play it.

but he is sadly mistaken when he says that he "believes that the [DJ] experience is “not art.”"

DJing can be an artform in itself. just b/c he isnt capable of this feat doesnt mean other producer/dj's arent.

funny thing, these kind of comments that belittle the art of DJing, only comes from producers that are part of the new EDM hype, i.e. deadmau5, avicii, feed me , etc.

on a somewhat related note heres chris liebing's take on the new EDM hype in a pre-Movement interview :

What are your feelings about the current EDM hype in the States and how do you think it affects the underground scene?

First of all, the thing about hypes is that they come and go. Anyone who is exited about a hype should be aware that as quickly as they come, they are also gone again. But one thing I actually find very good about the mentioned EDM hype in the States, and I have been coming to the States for twelve or thirteen years now, is that there was never so much interest in Techno music and in my music as there is now. I believe that it has a lot to do with people who are just getting old enough to go out, people who did not only grow up with Rock or Grunge or those kind of sounds, but also with electronic music. The EDM hype is getting a lot of kids out to the festivals. A lot of people get exposed to a different kind of music right now, and even if they start listening to very commercial electronic music, they might want to dig deeper at some point and discover other parts of the scene, which are more underground, maybe turn away a little from the hyped EDM stuff and come to a proper Techno party at some point. That´s why I don´t mind those kind of hypes, I just don´t want to be a part of them.

full interview here http://clr.net/news.pl?id=346

Last edited:
Oh definitely he is 100% wrong about something like that. His DJing isn't art.

Sorry to take a popular musician again but...

you can't look at someone like A-trak and say what he doesn't isn't masterful and artistic

last night was too real... A&B, Martin Solveig, part of kaskade, and morgan page to finish it off...

Tonight got w&w, benny bennassi, hardwell, avicii(eh), cazzette, and armin to finish it off. Good thing all of them except armin are on the same stage haha.

last night was too real... A&B, Martin Solveig, part of kaskade, and morgan page to finish it off...

Tonight got w&w, benny bennassi, hardwell, avicii(eh), cazzette, and armin to finish it off. Good thing all of them except armin are on the same stage haha.
damn edc chicago is toooooooo popping. if edcny was anything like this i'd be in there so quick. 

saw nicole moudaber in cielo thursday. she knows how to rock a crowd and the hype is real about cielo's sound system. still mad I didnt get to see kaskade there.

Eventually, yes. As with all fads. I mean, I can recall the late '90s/early '00s when people thought boy bands would NEVER go away. They ruled the charts for a couple years. Now, we look back and say "what were we worried about?"

However, I disagree about Vegas being able to sustain. Vegas sets the tone in America for club music. Once people get burned out elsewhere, if Vegas were to continue pushing it, they'd be relegated to riding the last wave of a dying movement. Sure, you could say "well, as long as Vegas is doing it, then it'll be fine". Well, if that were the case, then clubs wouldn't constantly open and close there. Times change, people move on.

governors island was a blast on sunday. great tunes, awesome weather, and plenty of beautiful people 8) dyro audien and hardwell set it off!

any other NTers make it out?

Last edited:
Things I discovered in Detroit:

1) I don't party like I used to. Good god it was a strugglefest every minute I was still awake after I touched down on Friday.
2) If I do this festival again I want to go with a big enough crew that I won't be missed when I decide I want to go back to bed and not go out that night
3) Leland City Club is dark as F--- when you've been out all day and have strobes blasting in your face, but man was it worth staying up late for Gaiser
4)Detroit Hustles Hard, we had a homeless lady hit us up in front of our hotel for some change and not being a jerk I gave her what I had in change. She then proceeds to give us the stink eye because we gave her no paper money AND because no one jumped at the chance to buy her a burger using a credit card. CMON MAN, we're from a broke city too.
5)Boiler Room doesn't mess around with their sound system. They set up this micro stage in the VIP area, and I spent most of my time there on Sunday.
6)If you do this festival, go for the VIP band, I went with a decent sized group, 3 of us had media credentials everyone else had regular VIP bands, no one got searched ever. If we'd wanted to we could have saved money by bringing in a bag with our own booze and food.

Things I discovered in Detroit:

1) I don't party like I used to. Good god it was a strugglefest every minute I was still awake after I touched down on Friday.
2) If I do this festival again I want to go with a big enough crew that I won't be missed when I decide I want to go back to bed and not go out that night
3) Leland City Club is dark as F--- when you've been out all day and have strobes blasting in your face, but man was it worth staying up late for Gaiser
4)Detroit Hustles Hard, we had a homeless lady hit us up in front of our hotel for some change and not being a jerk I gave her what I had in change. She then proceeds to give us the stink eye because we gave her no paper money AND because no one jumped at the chance to buy her a burger using a credit card. CMON MAN, we're from a broke city too.
5)Boiler Room doesn't mess around with their sound system. They set up this micro stage in the VIP area, and I spent most of my time there on Sunday.
6)If you do this festival, go for the VIP band, I went with a decent sized group, 3 of us had media credentials everyone else had regular VIP bands, no one got searched ever. If we'd wanted to we could have saved money by bringing in a bag with our own booze and food.

memorable sets/after parties other than gaiser?

memorable sets/after parties other than gaiser?

Magda killed it in the boiler room, Dan Bell was top notch as always and was very classy to see him showing up with crates of actual vinyl. I'm kind of pissed I missed the Boards of Canada teaser video before square pusher. I skipped all after parties after Saturday night though, had a friend tell me I missed an amazing private event with Juan Atkins and a bunch of old timers for their friends and family that my friends managed to stumble upon.

Now that I'm home I'm nursing my vocal cords, not sure what caused it but I haven't been able to articulate a full sentence since Sunday and I'm trying to soothe it with lots of rest, juice, and won ton soup.

Oh the underground stage was probably my favorite stage at the event, it's like a sweaty rave at 3am even at noon. The guys doing this event have done a hell of a job utilizing the space and I really want to go back again. Probably not next year though since I'm getting married in early May and I'm sure my wife would be THRILLED if I took a boys weekend so soon into the marriage.

Disclosure album is SOLID. I'd give it a 8.4/10 for the first time listening to it. I'm gonna give it another spin afterwards.

I like:
When A Fire Starts To Burn
Latch
Defeated No More
Second Chance
You and Me
January
Confess to Me
Help me Lose my Mind

just gave the Disclosure album a run through. i really enjoyed it. i need to see them asap.

went to EDC Chicago last weekend, it was pretty amazing. Above & Beyond and Armin made my Friday & Saturday nights, both sets were incredible. I was also able to pop my hardstyle cherry...jesus christ Headhunterz was insane! found lucy on Sunday night, that was interesting. dont think id ever take it a festival again, had me thinking too deep & wanting to wander. it was pissing rain that night & i laid down in the grass for Tiesto's hour+ set, i thought my soul was crying tears of joy onto my body when he dropped Adagio For Strings.

A&B

Armin

Last edited:
found lucy on Sunday night, that was interesting. dont think id ever take it a festival again, had me thinking too deep & wanting to wander.

yo i took an 8th of shrooms (grinded into a fine powder and downed all at once with a beer, on en empty stomach) in the parking lot b4 a festival once,
i started to feel it within 5 minutes, while walking to the gates. that was the trippiest line ever lol
then when it really started to hit me, i had sensory overload man. all those people, music, lights, etc was getting to be way too much.
i had to cool out and sit down for a good hour b4 i could move again. haha, yea im never doing moderate-heavy doses of psychedelics ever again at a festival. lol

Magda killed it in the boiler room, Dan Bell was top notch as always and was very classy to see him showing up with crates of actual vinyl. I'm kind of pissed I missed the Boards of Canada teaser video before square pusher. I skipped all after parties after Saturday night though, had a friend tell me I missed an amazing private event with Juan Atkins and a bunch of old timers for their friends and family that my friends managed to stumble upon.

Now that I'm home I'm nursing my vocal cords, not sure what caused it but I haven't been able to articulate a full sentence since Sunday and I'm trying to soothe it with lots of rest, juice, and won ton soup.

Oh the underground stage was probably my favorite stage at the event, it's like a sweaty rave at 3am even at noon. The guys doing this event have done a hell of a job utilizing the space and I really want to go back again. Probably not next year though since I'm getting married in early May and I'm sure my wife would be THRILLED if I took a boys weekend so soon into the marriage.

the video on be-at.tv of the underground stage looked insane!

i bet it was weird to come out of there to see sunshine lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom