ITT: You tell me one problem you're currently facing and I try and help you solve it Vol 4

just bought a house with a huge, well maintained yard... I got too much pride to hire a yard man... is there a Niketalk for home improvement/yard work stuff???

just bought a house with a huge, well maintained yard... I got too much pride to hire a yard man... is there a Niketalk for home improvement/yard work stuff???

Originally Posted by Club 27

dear club,

my name is youngmoney, im 21 years old, and im simping hard for a 18 year old...

should i continue to simp?

the word "simp" is overused here.

if you're courting this girl, keep at it! You're older, you can legally drink, and you're (theoretically) more mature. Girls dig that nonsense.

Just make sure you make your intentions known early (before getting friendzoned)

Unfortunately, too many of us are afraid to go for our hearts desires.

Dont be afraid to stare down the barrel of a gun, laugh at the Grim Reaper, and pee into the wind.

Consequences are temporary, but the satisfaction of experience and triumph lasts a lifetime

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thank you...i needed that
laugh.gif

*proceeds to call her*

dear club,

my name is youngmoney, im 21 years old, and im simping hard for a 18 year old...

should i continue to simp?

the word "simp" is overused here.

if you're courting this girl, keep at it! You're older, you can legally drink, and you're (theoretically) more mature. Girls dig that nonsense.

Just make sure you make your intentions known early (before getting friendzoned)

Unfortunately, too many of us are afraid to go for our hearts desires.

Dont be afraid to stare down the barrel of a gun, laugh at the Grim Reaper, and pee into the wind.

Consequences are temporary, but the satisfaction of experience and triumph lasts a lifetime

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thank you...i needed that
laugh.gif

*proceeds to call her*

ahhh, the women problem.

cliff. broke up with gf. (long distance was the cause) still have feelings. shes having fun and I am not. do want her back but do not want her back. still long distance.

ahhh, the women problem.

cliff. broke up with gf. (long distance was the cause) still have feelings. shes having fun and I am not. do want her back but do not want her back. still long distance.

I am the worst Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 / Black Ops of all-time.

I've done everything. Played countless hours, used players as bait, camped, etc. yet my head still seems to be a magnet for bullets.

Advice on how I can get better, without quitting? 
roll.gif

I've done everything. Played countless hours, used players as bait, camped, etc. yet my head still seems to be a magnet for bullets.

roll.gif

1. hey man, I used to drive 35 minutes to nearest ATT gym
laugh.gif

RobotBJJ charging $200 for training? I consider myself pretty MMA savvy but have never heard of this camp

if there are no 'name' fighters teaching there, there is no way i would drop that kind of money for training.

get a price check on the Werdum gym. Go inside and take a look around. Some people get inspired just meeting a Pro Fighter thats been on PPV and such and want to train right away!

2. Know. Dont fear, KNOW that you're gonna get tapped. alot.

but who cares? Everyone gets tapped at some point

the fact that you're in there trying to learn the game will get you respect from EVERYONE there.

its not an easy sport whatsoever. It can be a very intimidating atmosphere but once you start learning some moves and are able to apply them to your sparring sessions, your interest will become an obsession (atleast thats what happened for me)

I've traveled to many gyms across Florida in my 4 years of competing in the sport and almost everywhere i go, im impressed with the gym's Family-like atmosphere

sure there a few knuckleheads here and there, but many are there because they genuinely love it and would be more than happy to help you out with some techniques after classes and whatnot.

Bottom line is: you're never gonna say "I wish i HADNT tried it out"

many gym offer a free one-week trial. Give it a shot. If its not for you, no problem. But you went for it atleast!

Plus, i guarantee you're gonna enjoy it.

GI BJJ is a little more light on the cardio and more technique oriented but still rough

MMA sessions are where it gets to be a bit much. the conditioning can be especially brutal
From what I found online, RobotBJJ is affiliated with Lotus Club.  The head instructors at the gym are Laercio Fernandes and Tim Peterson who are both Giva Santana BB.  Looks like both won gold at the American Nationals last year (Fernandes beat Caio Terra in the final which is pretty damn impressive).  I don't mind spending the money if I know the instruction is going to be good, but I just dont want to be paying a premium for name recognition.  I dont know if I have the commitment to sign on for a full year (would be $150/mo if I signed a 1 year contract) so I might just go month to month @ $200/mo until I figure out whether or not its for me.

How much were you paying at ATT?

Last question - Since I have never trained before, I would be showing up empty handed.  I plan on training w/ gi, but do not have one (and would feel foolish buying one before ever participating in a class).  I actually took 1 intro class at Robot a couple years back and it was slightly awkward working out in bball shorts and a t-shirt (since some of the technique that was being taught requires certain grips on the gi).  Should I overcome my foolish feelings and just buy a gi, or just go in same as before (bball shorts and tee) and deal with the gi situation later?

1. hey man, I used to drive 35 minutes to nearest ATT gym
laugh.gif

RobotBJJ charging $200 for training? I consider myself pretty MMA savvy but have never heard of this camp

if there are no 'name' fighters teaching there, there is no way i would drop that kind of money for training.

get a price check on the Werdum gym. Go inside and take a look around. Some people get inspired just meeting a Pro Fighter thats been on PPV and such and want to train right away!

2. Know. Dont fear, KNOW that you're gonna get tapped. alot.

but who cares? Everyone gets tapped at some point

the fact that you're in there trying to learn the game will get you respect from EVERYONE there.

its not an easy sport whatsoever. It can be a very intimidating atmosphere but once you start learning some moves and are able to apply them to your sparring sessions, your interest will become an obsession (atleast thats what happened for me)

I've traveled to many gyms across Florida in my 4 years of competing in the sport and almost everywhere i go, im impressed with the gym's Family-like atmosphere

sure there a few knuckleheads here and there, but many are there because they genuinely love it and would be more than happy to help you out with some techniques after classes and whatnot.

Bottom line is: you're never gonna say "I wish i HADNT tried it out"

many gym offer a free one-week trial. Give it a shot. If its not for you, no problem. But you went for it atleast!

Plus, i guarantee you're gonna enjoy it.

GI BJJ is a little more light on the cardio and more technique oriented but still rough

MMA sessions are where it gets to be a bit much. the conditioning can be especially brutal
From what I found online, RobotBJJ is affiliated with Lotus Club.  The head instructors at the gym are Laercio Fernandes and Tim Peterson who are both Giva Santana BB.  Looks like both won gold at the American Nationals last year (Fernandes beat Caio Terra in the final which is pretty damn impressive).  I don't mind spending the money if I know the instruction is going to be good, but I just dont want to be paying a premium for name recognition.  I dont know if I have the commitment to sign on for a full year (would be $150/mo if I signed a 1 year contract) so I might just go month to month @ $200/mo until I figure out whether or not its for me.

Last question - Since I have never trained before, I would be showing up empty handed.  I plan on training w/ gi, but do not have one (and would feel foolish buying one before ever participating in a class).  I actually took 1 intro class at Robot a couple years back and it was slightly awkward working out in bball shorts and a t-shirt (since some of the technique that was being taught requires certain grips on the gi).  Should I overcome my foolish feelings and just buy a gi, or just go in same as before (bball shorts and tee) and deal with the gi situation later?

Originally Posted by f3DJam

I been in a few street fights lately.
Club, I need your fighting expertise. So far all the dudes have been smaller so I've smashed them.

I have no fighting experience, what are tips to finish them easily? For when I meet a bigger cat.
How to get a good punch, where to hit, stuff like that.

Why are you streetfighting? What I do is sport, but fighting in the street can very well get you killed. Be careful.

-hands up
-chin tucked
-throw straight punches (as oppose to these wild goofy-looking haymakers that i always see on these WSHH videos)
-read up on Kinetic Linking http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/boxing-mma-training/19652-kinetic-linking-punching-power.html

ahhh, the women problem.

You're stuck in a rut worrying about a relationship that has ended.

She's out having fun and getting drilled by lanky doofuses named Spencer.

Who is winning here?

-Hit the gym
-Lawyer up
-Get your "going out" on
-Grab the evening by the horns
-Conquer

http://www.reddit.com/r/HomeMaintenance/

Gracefully accept that this game may not be for you.

Spoiler [+]
and then quit 

I signed up with ATT in 2007 for $150.00 with  a 1 year contract, but they've gotten alot bigger and their fighters have become much more famous since then so now they've upped their prices to around $195.00/mo for a 1 year I believe.

I would still look in Werdum's camp as well. Alot of these guys bring in well-known guest trainers from time to time as well.

As for your GI situation, I wouldnt drop money on a GI yet until you know that you're gonna stick with it for a little while.

Originally Posted by f3DJam

I been in a few street fights lately.
Club, I need your fighting expertise. So far all the dudes have been smaller so I've smashed them.

I have no fighting experience, what are tips to finish them easily? For when I meet a bigger cat.
How to get a good punch, where to hit, stuff like that.

Why are you streetfighting? What I do is sport, but fighting in the street can very well get you killed. Be careful.

-hands up
-chin tucked
-throw straight punches (as oppose to these wild goofy-looking haymakers that i always see on these WSHH videos)
-read up on Kinetic Linking http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/boxing-mma-training/19652-kinetic-linking-punching-power.html

ahhh, the women problem.

You're stuck in a rut worrying about a relationship that has ended.

She's out having fun and getting drilled by lanky doofuses named Spencer.

Who is winning here?

-Hit the gym
-Lawyer up
-Get your "going out" on
-Grab the evening by the horns
-Conquer

http://www.reddit.com/r/HomeMaintenance/

Gracefully accept that this game may not be for you.

Spoiler [+]
and then quit 

I signed up with ATT in 2007 for $150.00 with  a 1 year contract, but they've gotten alot bigger and their fighters have become much more famous since then so now they've upped their prices to around $195.00/mo for a 1 year I believe.

I would still look in Werdum's camp as well. Alot of these guys bring in well-known guest trainers from time to time as well.

As for your GI situation, I wouldnt drop money on a GI yet until you know that you're gonna stick with it for a little while.

whats the best blender for smoothies and crushing ice? and not some ridiculously pricey one. my blender broke

whats the best blender for smoothies and crushing ice? and not some ridiculously pricey one. my blender broke

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

your local Brandsmart usually has good deals on weekends and they always run some goofy "Summer Sale Spectacular" nonsense.

[table][tr][td]
I am going to my beach house tomorrow by myself to do some repair work, will be there 5 days, what should I do once I am done with said work? OBX fyi
[/td][/tr][/table]

Why not bring some friends and have a little shindig? Take this time to unwind from your daily grind as well. sometimes i like to go to the beach and just listen to the waves and clear my mind

help me sell my uncles car and ill even give you a cut

Do you live in FL? if not, i probably cant help you with that

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

your local Brandsmart usually has good deals on weekends and they always run some goofy "Summer Sale Spectacular" nonsense.

[table][tr][td]
I am going to my beach house tomorrow by myself to do some repair work, will be there 5 days, what should I do once I am done with said work? OBX fyi
[/td][/tr][/table]

Why not bring some friends and have a little shindig? Take this time to unwind from your daily grind as well. sometimes i like to go to the beach and just listen to the waves and clear my mind

help me sell my uncles car and ill even give you a cut

Do you live in FL? if not, i probably cant help you with that

i was in a very bad car accident where pieces of glass shattered from the passenger window into my forehead. i received 10 stitches but not all in the same place. the stitches have been taken out and my skin is trying to heal. however, the scars are turning into bumps and raising above my skin. what is the best way to make sure that the scars heal correctly? any foods or vegatables i should be eating?

i was in a very bad car accident where pieces of glass shattered from the passenger window into my forehead. i received 10 stitches but not all in the same place. the stitches have been taken out and my skin is trying to heal. however, the scars are turning into bumps and raising above my skin. what is the best way to make sure that the scars heal correctly? any foods or vegatables i should be eating?

Back
Top Bottom