iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

i got a question for y'all........

so my comp took a $%*% on me a few months ago and i had to start from fresh. i saved all my music on a external HD and put it back in when i got my the comp fixed.

now when i go to my itunes, it says the songs cannot be located (their listed but have the ! next to them)

my question is, is there a way i can locate all the corrupted songs at once? (sorry if none of this makes sense)

so my comp took a $%*% on me a few months ago and i had to start from fresh. i saved all my music on a external HD and put it back in when i got my the comp fixed.

now when i go to my itunes, it says the songs cannot be located (their listed but have the ! next to them)

my question is, is there a way i can locate all the corrupted songs at once? (sorry if none of this makes sense)

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

you're gonna have to repath the librabry to point to the music on your hard drive. right now it's not locating because it's still searching for the music on your former disk. The cleanest way to go about this would be to delete the shell of a library you have now and re-add everything back in. if you want to keep the music on your external, change the file save location under itunes Prefs. Otherwise, you'll have to change the path every individual song by locating them on the external one by one

you're gonna have to repath the librabry to point to the music on your hard drive. right now it's not locating because it's still searching for the music on your former disk. The cleanest way to go about this would be to delete the shell of a library you have now and re-add everything back in. if you want to keep the music on your external, change the file save location under itunes Prefs. Otherwise, you'll have to change the path every individual song by locating them on the external one by one

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Delete this crap and get MediaMonkey

you will thank me later

Media Monkey is +!$ Drake

Not quite sure what you are saying but...

MM has built in Update Tags AND covers from Amazon entire database
Have the ability to control different output plugins for the audiophiles
Auto-organize by custom formulas
Auto-tag from filename with custom formulas
simple cd burning
simple ipod synch
synch more than ipod

pretty much anything a power user would want. I have about 15k worth of !!** i dont need that baby !!**

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Delete this crap and get MediaMonkey

you will thank me later

Media Monkey is +!$ Drake

Not quite sure what you are saying but...

MM has built in Update Tags AND covers from Amazon entire database
Have the ability to control different output plugins for the audiophiles
Auto-organize by custom formulas
Auto-tag from filename with custom formulas
simple cd burning
simple ipod synch
synch more than ipod

pretty much anything a power user would want. I have about 15k worth of !!** i dont need that baby !!**

Cosign on MediaMonkey
24wvvkl.jpg

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

damb i appreciate the info but i didnt understand any of that
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

i think im gonna just take the L

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

If you want to have the files on your computer like you used to....
Copy and paste all of the folders from your hard drive into the itunes media folder on your computer. Then just re-add the entire thing.

If you want the files to stay on your hard drive to protect yourself from another computer crash
1) Open itunes and delete all the non-working files (ctrl+a and then delete)
2) Click "edit" at the top left corner of itunes and then "preferences"
3) Click "advanced" and then make sure "keep itunes organized" and "copy files to itunes media folder" are checked
4) Change " itunes media folder location" to your hard drive
5) Add all of your music back to itunes

I havent done this in a while but Im pretty sure thats how it works.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

If you want to have the files on your computer like you used to....
Copy and paste all of the folders from your hard drive into the itunes media folder on your computer. Then just re-add the entire thing.

If you want the files to stay on your hard drive to protect yourself from another computer crash
1) Open itunes and delete all the non-working files (ctrl+a and then delete)
2) Click "edit" at the top left corner of itunes and then "preferences"
3) Click "advanced" and then make sure "keep itunes organized" and "copy files to itunes media folder" are checked
4) Change " itunes media folder location" to your hard drive
5) Add all of your music back to itunes

I havent done this in a while but Im pretty sure thats how it works.

Try using some clean-up-organizational tool. This one seems to be promising:
http://www.copytrans.net/...m-artwork-for-itunes.php

good luck!

Try using some clean-up-organizational tool. This one seems to be promising:
http://www.copytrans.net/...m-artwork-for-itunes.php

good luck!

Originally Posted by masta

Try using some clean-up-organizational tool. Yahoo answers all:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.c...id=20110808075455AAKMxee

good luck!

thanks for the link (pause)

i have all my music in other folders and they use to be in my itunes before my comp crashed.

so they are still listed in my itunes library but just have the exclamation point
mad.gif

so what i want to know is if i can knock them all out at once (im talking a few thousand songs
30t6p3b.gif
)

Originally Posted by masta

Try using some clean-up-organizational tool. Yahoo answers all:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.c...id=20110808075455AAKMxee

good luck!

thanks for the link (pause)

i have all my music in other folders and they use to be in my itunes before my comp crashed.

so they are still listed in my itunes library but just have the exclamation point
mad.gif

so what i want to know is if i can knock them all out at once (im talking a few thousand songs
30t6p3b.gif
)

My Ipod is saying Teflon Don, Section 80 and couple other albums are compilations. Why is that? And how can i change that? And oh yea why some of the album covers don't show on my ipod but in itunes they are showing?

My Ipod is saying Teflon Don, Section 80 and couple other albums are compilations. Why is that? And how can i change that? And oh yea why some of the album covers don't show on my ipod but in itunes they are showing?

Today was my day off and decided to cut down my library to albums i actually liked... the albums i was iffy on, i skimmed through every track to see if it was worth keeping. Also adding more that ive recently discovered...

I started at 1pm and been going at it with random breaks for about 9 hours... almost done!

Back
Top Bottom