J cole hidden potential

Hidden potential or lost hunger ? Why do artist like j cole dumb down their lyrics and purposely not show there true potential... Idk if he even sells more by doing this artist like kendrick put everything he has lyrically into every track and he's on top.. More artist should follow his formula than drake..
You think he lost some ability since the warm up or he still has it.. I think he has in songs like tko remix he shows some of that old hunger

Last edited:
Mix tapes like the warmup and fnl were classics I just think his album he tries to appeal to mainstream and dumb downs his lyrics

No he still has potential, he needs to stop producing his tracks on his album. IMO drake outshines him cause he got 40 producing for him. Kendrick outshines him cause he has a collection of dope producer for him Terrance Martin,Scoop deville, Hit-boy etc.

No he still has potential, he needs to stop producing his tracks on his album. IMO drake outshines him cause he got 40 producing for him. Kendrick outshines him cause he has a collection of dope producer for him Terrance Martin,Scoop deville, Hit-boy etc.
No he still has potential, he needs to stop producing his tracks on his album. IMO drake outshines him cause he got 40 producing for him. Kendrick outshines him cause he has a collection of dope producer for him Terrance Martin,Scoop deville, Hit-boy etc.[/quote
I agree I think he is a decent producer but he should at least only produce half the track instead of always doing every song... I always think he should add more features they seem to bring the best out in him he kills pretty much everyone he features with

Yeah his albums just aren't as good as The Warm Up and FNL. Hope 3rd times a charm. I listen to certain songs from the album but over they're just underwhelming.

From someone that doesn't listen to J. Cole like that, to me he lacks charisma. Personally I find him boring and unless it's someone I really like on the track with him I don't really mess with J. Cole. IDK it could be like someone else stated that he needs other people to produce his tracks. J. Cole reminds me of Nas, but Nas' persona, his personality is part of what keeps me drawn in even though I can find his subject matter and beats very boring at times.

I'm expecting a lot from the 3rd project. Born Sinner did nothing for me. I was genuinely disappointed, because I expected so much more from him

I'm expecting a lot from the 3rd project. Born Sinner did nothing for me. I was genuinely disappointed, because I expected so much more from him
He seems to spit with more hunger on features tha his album for some reason kid kills features but I think he gonna be fine

Last edited:
Yeah his albums just aren't as good as The Warm Up and FNL. Hope 3rd times a charm. I listen to certain songs from the album but over they're just underwhelming.
Forbidden fruit and rich ****** have the most replay value on the album he said some highs but he did spit with hunger like he did on his mixtapes or his features

The cole slander in here
mean.gif

Let's just make this a Warm Up/FNL appreciation thread.. I even play more tracks from The Come Up than that of the albums

Here

/VIDEO]

Back
Top Bottom