[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Bad Girls Club should of been Coles single lol

I am glad its not....I am not feeling that track at all. It just feels very forced.  Cole's hook is decent but I don't really care for anything else in the track.
Glad I'm not the only one who is not feeling that track. I mean it's cool for a radio single, but I'm so used the other stuff they have done together
ohwell.gif

I'm not saying I like the song, I'm just saying it might of done better on the radio than workout, even though I like workout

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Mixtape should've dropped by now or at least before July is over.

Obviously not a Cole Summer.
Everyone has a masters degree in marketing and promotions these days. 
laugh.gif
Cuz I'm 100% right
pimp.gif
It's almost August son has no buzz outside of his dedicated fans. The lack of any hype around him right now say unlike how he had a lil strangle hold when FNL dropped will reflect on if that release date will stay the same.

I'm disappointed. Lets be serious without the guy in his camp leaking all his songs and videos since like March we would've got 2 songs, a vid and the announcement of the album release and w/e else we would have to take his word for on ustream.

EDIT

Greatly dislike BGC but that's mostly cuz of Wale. Sad how he's fell off in so many areas since AD. Cole should've passed on that track. He had a stellar run of demolishing Wale on tracks but this joint aint really worth it.

Mixtape should've dropped by now or at least before July is over.

Obviously not a Cole Summer.
laugh.gif
Cuz I'm 100% right
pimp.gif
It's almost August son has no buzz outside of his dedicated fans. The lack of any hype around him right now say unlike how he had a lil strangle hold when FNL dropped will reflect on if that release date will stay the same.

I'm disappointed. Lets be serious without the guy in his camp leaking all his songs and videos since like March we would've got 2 songs, a vid and the announcement of the album release and w/e else we would have to take his word for on ustream.

EDIT

Greatly dislike BGC but that's mostly cuz of Wale. Sad how he's fell off in so many areas since AD. Cole should've passed on that track. He had a stellar run of demolishing Wale on tracks but this joint aint really worth it.
I'm very curious, how do you know how much buzz this man has?

Originally Posted by carbon16

laugh.gif
Cuz I'm 100% right
pimp.gif

EDIT

I'm very curious, how do you know how much buzz this man has?
I'm not quantifying it. I just know it's not a lot at the moment. It's pretty easy to tell.

I mean honestly given the time since FNL and the alleged release date even my anticipation has gone down despite all the leaks. I just wanted a Cole summer. Looking at the summer so far nobody got it on lock, Jermaine could've bodied it.

I don't get why anyone cares if Cole has the summer on lock or not....priority #1 is dropping a good album. As a fan that's all I care about.

As a fan I'd love if Cole had the summer on lock. That basically means he's dropping really good music during the summer even if it is with a mixtape. What's so hard to understand about that?

I mean from like the last 5 interviews or times he's said something through the net the album is already done. As a fan I can't control whether or not his album is good but if I'm saying I would like for him to be dropping some good music during the summer I don't know how him having a good album isn't a given.

How’s your tour with Rihanna going?

It’s been great; to perform in front of 15 or 20,000 new fans. If I can win them over or plant the seed of my name in their head. . . They may not think of my name three days after the show or in three weeks. But if they see me on an interview one day or hear my song, I have a one-up advantage.

You’ve been in the game for about two years or so. Was it what you thought it would be?

You know what’s crazy? I never really had any expectations. I always had a long-term goal, but I never filled in the blanks. . .I’m taking everything as it comes. It’s not what I expected, but I didn’t expect anything. I’m just learning on the fly; experiencing things as I go.

So what was up with the album delay? Many thought it would be out in 2010.

It was always the singles. They saw I had a fan base, but they were like, “Why don’t we have anything on the radio?

As a fan I'd love if Cole had the summer on lock. That basically means he's dropping really good music during the summer even if it is with a mixtape. What's so hard to understand about that?

I mean from like the last 5 interviews or times he's said something through the net the album is already done. As a fan I can't control whether or not his album is good but if I'm saying I would like for him to be dropping some good music during the summer I don't know how him having a good album isn't a given.

I honestly could care less. Having a "summer on lock" really doesn't mean anything to me and I don't see how him "dropping really good music" this summer would change much of anything.  The most important thing that happened this summer for Cole was that he dropped his first single and its a good song.

This is why I feel Cole on what he says about artists dropping music all the time and it taking away from the value of his tracks.  Many hip-hop listeners have become accustomed to artists over-saturating the market with a new track every week and I honestly believe have lost sight in the value of songs and the value of collections of music. Therefore these fans expect Cole to put out music at a ridiculous rate.  Personally I like the rate/amount of music he has put out and would have been fine if he didn't even drop a mixtape before the album honestly. The summer is not over and he is dropping a mixtape in anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks so I guess he can still have the "summer on lock." As a fan of Cole I won't remember nor will I care if he had the summer of 2011 on lock or not but I will remember what matters most which is the quality of his album.

Hey man if that's how you feel and you don't care (it's couldn't care less btw) whatever. If that's the J. Cole fan you're gonna be don't pay me no mind but your opinion isn't the mandated priority all fans should have just cuz you don't care.

The summer half way done. Cole dropped the ball on it. If this is something you don't want to discuss cuz he messed up as far as grabbing that opportunity fine. Don't mean his career is over.

You must be joking about bringing up over saturating the market and J. Cole. He is the farthest thing from that at this point in his career. Dude is on a mixtape a year schedule. I know I didn't say ANYTHING about dropping a single every week. So maybe you're confused arguing on a tangent. I'm talking about releasing a project. That single every week shh don't even bring you proper buzz to improve your standing. Just wasting lyrics. So you can miss me complaining about that bs.

I don't know how you could claim to be a fan and then say you wouldn't even remember if Cole held it down with a memorable summer. You remember when Jay was doing it though right? Like I don't even know what type of point you're making by saying that. If you don't care about dude being successful go ahead and be that type of fan. You keep talking like you do not understand. If dude dominates in any season that DIRECTLY translates to a great album. We all know what type of artist he is so it's not like these other rappers gaining popularity with weak music. You on some afraid of fame shh right now, like Cole just dropping good music without the praise should be good enough. That's how he'll get dropped.

As a fan of Cole

As a J. Cole fan

As a fan

laugh.gif
FOOHWTBS man. As if we're not in a J. Cole thread.

Hey man if that's how you feel and you don't care (it's couldn't care less btw) whatever. If that's the J. Cole fan you're gonna be don't pay me no mind but your opinion isn't the mandated priority all fans should have just cuz you don't care.

The summer half way done. Cole dropped the ball on it. If this is something you don't want to discuss cuz he messed up as far as grabbing that opportunity fine. Don't mean his career is over.

You must be joking about bringing up over saturating the market and J. Cole. He is the farthest thing from that at this point in his career. Dude is on a mixtape a year schedule. I know I didn't say ANYTHING about dropping a single every week. So maybe you're confused arguing on a tangent. I'm talking about releasing a project. That single every week shh don't even bring you proper buzz to improve your standing. Just wasting lyrics. So you can miss me complaining about that bs.

I don't know how you could claim to be a fan and then say you wouldn't even remember if Cole held it down with a memorable summer. You remember when Jay was doing it though right? Like I don't even know what type of point you're making by saying that. If you don't care about dude being successful go ahead and be that type of fan. You keep talking like you do not understand. If dude dominates in any season that DIRECTLY translates to a great album. We all know what type of artist he is so it's not like these other rappers gaining popularity with weak music. You on some afraid of fame shh right now, like Cole just dropping good music without the praise should be good enough. That's how he'll get dropped.

As a fan of Cole

As a J. Cole fan

As a fan

laugh.gif
Clearly you did not comprehend my point about J. Cole and the over-saturating of music today. In no way shape or form did I remotely even mention that Cole was over-saturating the market. 

I don't understand how Cole "dropped the ball" at all this summer. The man is TOURING with RHIANNA and PROMOTING his upcoming album right now yet he dropped the ball because he didn't drop a mixtape when YOU wanted him to?!
laugh.gif
Just think about how ridiculous that sounds. Like someone said earlier everyone has a degree in marketing and promotion nowadays. SMH

Its funny you mention Jay who is my favorite artist in any genre of music.  No I do not remember what summers Jay had on lock. Jay usually dropped a single in the summer before his album in the fall or winter.  The only time I remember him maybe having multiple songs in the summer was Girls Best Friend off the Blue Streak Soundtrack and Hey Papi off the Nutty Professor 2 Soundtrack dropped. And yeah I never once thought to myself "wow Jay is really holding the summer down." So nah I don't remember at all and when I look back or reflect upon my favorite artist I think about the great body of work he has with his albums not what summer he held down.

"Holding down a summer" means nothing. Producing good/great albums and having a great body of work means everything.

As a fan of Cole

As a J. Cole fan

As a fan

laugh.gif
Clearly you did not comprehend my point about J. Cole and the over-saturating of music today. In no way shape or form did I remotely even mention that Cole was over-saturating the market. 

I don't understand how Cole "dropped the ball" at all this summer. The man is TOURING with RHIANNA and PROMOTING his upcoming album right now yet he dropped the ball because he didn't drop a mixtape when YOU wanted him to?!
laugh.gif
Just think about how ridiculous that sounds. Like someone said earlier everyone has a degree in marketing and promotion nowadays. SMH

Its funny you mention Jay who is my favorite artist in any genre of music.  No I do not remember what summers Jay had on lock. Jay usually dropped a single in the summer before his album in the fall or winter.  The only time I remember him maybe having multiple songs in the summer was Girls Best Friend off the Blue Streak Soundtrack and Hey Papi off the Nutty Professor 2 Soundtrack dropped. And yeah I never once thought to myself "wow Jay is really holding the summer down." So nah I don't remember at all and when I look back or reflect upon my favorite artist I think about the great body of work he has with his albums not what summer he held down.

"Holding down a summer" means nothing. Producing good/great albums and having a great body of work means everything.
This. People need to stop acting like A&R's and let artist do their thing. The whole Cole Summer thing is not that serious and it won't make or break his album, plus whats a Cole summer when it's a Cole World?
laugh.gif

Litening to DOM and Cole on that Bun B for President today. I hope they do a real collab in the future.

No. You're clearly not understanding what I'm saying cuz I did not say you said that. Read my post again. nowhere in it do I say you said J. Cole is over saturating the market. What I did say is it is a joke to even bring up the two together. I don't even know why you brought up over saturating the market when nobody but you decided it needed to be talked about in regards to Cole. It's an erroneous point that has NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about.
I don't understand how Cole "dropped the ball" at all this summer.
He dropped the ball on making the summer his. Opening for Rhiana on tour is NOT making the summer yours. Maybe you still don't know what I'm talking about and are just assuming extremes. I said he dropped the ball on making it a Cole summer. I didn't say the summer wasn't his therefore he hasn't been doing anything worthy of mention all summer. You seem to be too quick to defend everything J. Cole and can't accept of comprehend that the dude has messed up and failed to capaitalize on certain opportunities. Something J. Cole has even admitted, evidenced on this very page.
Like someone said earlier everyone has a degree in marketing and promotion nowadays. SMH

If you don't want to admit the clear missteps and obvious things anyone can notice, fine. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a stan.
Its funny you mention Jay who is my favorite artist in any genre of music.  No I do not remember what summers Jay had on lock.
I'm not talking about memorizing dates. It's not what specific summers Jay held down. It's the fact that he did hold summers down. I know for a fact if somebody a thread about Nas and said something to the effect that Nas is the GOAT and Jay never dominated a summer or a whole year like Nas you and the other camel lovers would be up in there arguing until you carpal tunnel syndrome. It's the main reason I brought up Jay cuz I know you're a stan when it comes to him.
And yeah I never once thought to myself "wow Jay is really holding the summer down." So nah I don't remember at all
So when Jay dropped Big Pimpin it didn't occur to you or anybody around you that Jay had a strangle hold on the game that whole summer? At least in hindsight?
YOU-LIE.jpg

when I look back or reflect upon my favorite artist I think about the great body of work he has with his albums not what summer he held down.
If you're way of reminiscing on one of your fav artist's careers doesn't involve when it happened, where you were, who you were with, what was going on around you, if it doesn't invoke that feeling of nostaligia and overall good feeling of looking back at a good experience in your life I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I know when I'm thinking about dope artists in music period the aforementioned plays a role in some combination.
"Holding down a summer" means nothing. Producing good/great albums and having a great body of work means everything
The fact that you do not even realize the two have a clear connection is sad especially since I've already said it multiple times, especially regarding the caliber of J. Cole's artistry. I just have to
laugh.gif
now. You seem to be arguing just to argue. Especially if you truly believe holding down a summer means nothing. You should tell that to J. Cole. He'd kill for that.

This. People need to stop acting like A&R's and let artist do their thing.
Why is this everybody's go to line? Does it really take an A&R to notice something like that? or are only A&R's allowed to comment on those obvious things just cuz it pertains to their job?
The whole Cole Summer thing is not that serious and it won't make or break his album

You right. Good thing I ever said it did. I made a specific statement but apparently dudes mindsets are none of that matters. Defend, defend, deny, deny.
plus whats a Cole summer when it's a Cole World?
laugh.gif

You gotta start somewhere. I'd rather him build up to that with great moments leading up to the album than him just dropping the album and everybody in here saying "This is an overlooked masterpiece. So underrated. Cole's not getting the recognition he deserves."

Dude, do you have to reply to every little comment someone ever says towards you? Just give it a break, we get it...you want a 'Cole Summer'...okay, cool... 
You win, Cole sucks at promoting his Cole Summer and if you were running his show he would be bigger than Michael Jackson ever was. 
Now can we ALL move on? Damn. 
eyes.gif

On one hand nobody is owning the summer and its not even over yet... so it could still be a "Cole Summer"

On the other hand if J. Cole wouldn't have said himself this was gonna be a Cole Summer than this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion

And since I'm out of hands...on the table, we gotta ask ourselves and be real... is J. Cole even the type of artist to officially hold a summer down? At this point in his career, with the type of music he makes?

Son is just now slowly turning on his "show personality" switch... and it would take more than dropping the tape for him to officially own summer anyway. IMO

When I think of owning summer I'm thinking bangers or legendary freestyles over popular beats thats been on radio or get alot of love, word to villematic... but what's Cole record with those aspects?

Dude, do you have to reply to every little comment someone ever says towards you? Just give it a break, we get it...you want a 'Cole Summer'...okay, cool... 
You win, Cole sucks at promoting his Cole Summer and if you were running his show he would be bigger than Michael Jackson ever was. 
Now can we ALL move on? Damn. 
eyes.gif
When ppl say stupid +%%@ like you just did you're right I shouldn't bother. Have at it from here on.

No. You're clearly not understanding what I'm saying cuz I did not say you said that. Read my post again. nowhere in it do I say you said J. Cole is over saturating the market. What I did say is it is a joke to even bring up the two together. I don't even know why you brought up over saturating the market when nobody but you decided it needed to be talked about in regards to Cole. It's an erroneous point that has NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about.
I don't understand how Cole "dropped the ball" at all this summer.
He dropped the ball on making the summer his. Opening for Rhiana on tour is NOT making the summer yours. Maybe you still don't know what I'm talking about and are just assuming extremes. I said he dropped the ball on making it a Cole summer. I didn't say the summer wasn't his therefore he hasn't been doing anything worthy of mention all summer. You seem to be too quick to defend everything J. Cole and can't accept of comprehend that the dude has messed up and failed to capaitalize on certain opportunities. Something J. Cole has even admitted, evidenced on this very page.
Like someone said earlier everyone has a degree in marketing and promotion nowadays. SMH

If you don't want to admit the clear missteps and obvious things anyone can notice, fine. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a stan.
Its funny you mention Jay who is my favorite artist in any genre of music.  No I do not remember what summers Jay had on lock.
I'm not talking about memorizing dates. It's not what specific summers Jay held down. It's the fact that he did hold summers down. I know for a fact if somebody a thread about Nas and said something to the effect that Nas is the GOAT and Jay never dominated a summer or a whole year like Nas you and the other camel lovers would be up in there arguing until you carpal tunnel syndrome. It's the main reason I brought up Jay cuz I know you're a stan when it comes to him.
And yeah I never once thought to myself "wow Jay is really holding the summer down." So nah I don't remember at all
So when Jay dropped Big Pimpin it didn't occur to you or anybody around you that Jay had a strangle hold on the game that whole summer? At least in hindsight?
YOU-LIE.jpg

when I look back or reflect upon my favorite artist I think about the great body of work he has with his albums not what summer he held down.
If you're way of reminiscing on one of your fav artist's careers doesn't involve when it happened, where you were, who you were with, what was going on around you, if it doesn't invoke that feeling of nostaligia and overall good feeling of looking back at a good experience in your life I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I know when I'm thinking about dope artists in music period the aforementioned plays a role in some combination.
"Holding down a summer" means nothing. Producing good/great albums and having a great body of work means everything
The fact that you do not even realize the two have a clear connection is sad especially since I've already said it multiple times, especially regarding the caliber of J. Cole's artistry. I just have to
laugh.gif
now. You seem to be arguing just to argue. Especially if you truly believe holding down a summer means nothing. You should tell that to J. Cole. He'd kill for that.

This. People need to stop acting like A&R's and let artist do their thing.
Why is this everybody's go to line? Does it really take an A&R to notice something like that? or are only A&R's allowed to comment on those obvious things just cuz it pertains to their job?
The whole Cole Summer thing is not that serious and it won't make or break his album

You right. Good thing I ever said it did. I made a specific statement but apparently dudes mindsets are none of that matters. Defend, defend, deny, deny.
plus whats a Cole summer when it's a Cole World?
laugh.gif

You gotta start somewhere. I'd rather him build up to that with great moments leading up to the album than him just dropping the album and everybody in here saying "This is an overlooked masterpiece. So underrated. Cole's not getting the recognition he deserves."

My head hurts from reading so much stupidity. You just don't get it man. Maybe you will when you are older. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom