[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

What the hell are you talking about?

What rock have you been living under?

Dude just had the #1 album in the country 2 weeks ago and is about to go GOLD in a week or two.

Wake up bro :lol:
first of all get that gun out of my face.
 he just sucks.
DMX! 
i dont care what number he had or if his joint went platinum hes garbage

go back to sleep.

What. The. Hell??? *scratches head*

Okay bro... You make perfect sense. :lol:

:lol: dude comes in without having a clue and says he just sucks :lol:
you hated before you played it but he already forgave ya

Last edited:
:lol: seriously...this dude just find out about the Internet in 2013? Does he live in the mountains? Does he not have a television or radio? All that's been talked about in the last 2 months is Kanye, Cole, Wale, and Jay Z... And this dude literally came in having no idea any of them have dropped this year saying "where they been at?"...

:rofl:

people are complaining about how sensitive people are but they're reaction to his apology is just as sensitive.

hiphop is a art form and in art everyone sets their own boundaries and beliefs. he clearly felt that he crossed his. and for that reason he apologized, I for one commend him for that.

Nothing about talking about rape and autism is "Art."

For instance, you can't say "She sniffed that white it killed her/Trayvon Martin" and call that art. Extreme a bit, I know but it drives the point home. You can't (rather you SHOULDNT) say things like these rappers say in raps and call that art. That isn't art, that shows a lack of talent. At least in that instance. This points more towards the rozay line than Cole though, I didn't see Cole's life as that offensive regardless, that isn't art to me.

However, the point for me isn't that Cole got "reprimanded" for his autistic line, its that if people get sensitive over that, the entire Hip-Hop genre would owe countless apologies for their raps every single day. As many times as Lil Wayne talks about killing people in his raps, countless others do the same, its silly to get tight over a rapper and their lyrics. Their rappers. Most rappers lyrics contain harsh and crude lyrics (unnecessary to me).

Nothing about talking about rape and autism is "Art."

For instance, you can't say "She sniffed that white it killed her/Trayvon Martin" and call that art. Extreme a bit, I know but it drives the point home. You can't (rather you SHOULDNT) say things like these rappers say in raps and call that art. That isn't art, that shows a lack of talent. At least in that instance. This points more towards the rozay line than Cole though, I didn't see Cole's life as that offensive regardless, that isn't art to me.

However, the point for me isn't that Cole got "reprimanded" for his autistic line, its that if people get sensitive over that, the entire Hip-Hop genre would owe countless apologies for their raps every single day. As many times as Lil Wayne talks about killing people in his raps, countless others do the same, its silly to get tight over a rapper and their lyrics. Their rappers. Most rappers lyrics contain harsh and crude lyrics (unnecessary to me).
why isn't it art if it is put in a performance ART like music, paintings, or movies... that makes no sense

Art is whatever you make it (good or bad) still art to me when painting , making music or movie

and how does that show a lack of talent??? didnt know talent was judged off of whether a line or painting was insensitive, thought we were supposed to be edgy and spark conversation

people are complaining about how sensitive people are but they're reaction to his apology is just as sensitive.

hiphop is a art form and in art everyone sets their own boundaries and beliefs. he clearly felt that he crossed his. and for that reason he apologized, I for one commend him for that.

I don't think it's about "how sensitive people are" but more so about how this line is being given so much attention and not a list of other things especially when other outlets of art (movies, television, etc...) do the same thing if not worse. Not to mention that it happens to be towards an artist that has recently had success like Cole in a genre such as hip-hop.

"I'm artistic, you ****** is autistic ******ed, started"

I'm sorry, but that isn't "Art" to me. But rather, is just a lack of patience and talent in that stance. I think Cole is an extremely talented rap artist and IMO he could have come up with something much better than that struggle bar right there. That isn't art to me. It's more like a filler line, and filler lines to me aren't art by any stretch.

However, art is subjective so what we view as Art may be totally different. Then again, I don't classify most Rap records as "Art" either :lol: (Aside from Cole records, J****, Drake, Kendrick and a few others...not a lot) just my viewpoint.

"I'm artistic, you ****** is autistic ******ed, started"

I'm sorry, but that isn't "Art" to me. But rather, is just a lack of patience and talent in that stance. I think Cole is an extremely talented rap artist and IMO he could have come up with something much better than that struggle bar right there. That isn't art to me. It's more like a filler line, and filler lines to me aren't art by any stretch.

However, art is subjective so what we view as Art may be totally different. Then again, I don't classify most Rap records as "Art" either :lol: (Aside from Cole records, J****, Drake, Kendrick and a few others...not a lot) just my viewpoint.

Its not art the same way a lone brush stroke in a painting isn't art. You could pull a single piece out of any art medium and say the same thing though.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, struggle bar or not, the offensive nature of what he said does not make any less part of his art.

Last edited:
Don't know what it is but Chaining Day has grown on me so much

I need you to love me, love me, love me

Same here. I posted when the album first came out that something about Chaining Day just didnt do it for me, but I probably play the song more than anything else on the album right now. The ending of it is so :smokin

Honestly what's the big deal? I mean why should any of us be happy or mad about it?

The only people that should care are the Autism community. That's who the apology was for. It wasn't for us regular rap fans.

So IMO we should just let it be and continue with our lives. The autism community appreciated his apology and many autistic people forgave him and are now happy. That's all that should matter.

Honestly what's the big deal? I mean why should any of us be happy or mad about it?

The only people that should care are the Autism community. That's who the apology was for. It wasn't for us regular rap fans.

So IMO we should just let it be and continue with our lives. The autism community appreciated his apology and many autistic people forgave him and are now happy. That's all that should matter.

I definitely agree with you I just feel that this censoring rap lyrics have gone too far man. Because if you're gonna snipe cole for what he said, then lil wayne, ross, drake even, meek mill etc. Shouldnt even have careers. They cross the line all the time with what they say.

Just was unnecessary to me.

Yo KNAPPS where you at son?
nerd.gif
Man i havent been in this thread in weeks and was scrolling through to see what I missed, this post TRIPPED me out lol. Had me searching trying to figure out what was going on...lucky guess fam.
pimp.gif

Album's still banging though, new york times grew on me crazy. 50 on the hook is perfect, not to much, not to little.

"Runaway" is my ish... Just might be my favorite song on the album..

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you I just feel that this censoring rap lyrics have gone too far man. Because if you're gonna snipe cole for what he said, then lil wayne, ross, drake even, meek mill etc. Shouldnt even have careers. They cross the line all the time with what they say.

Just was unnecessary to me.

Back
Top Bottom