[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

To early to compare to Kendrick's or nah? lol
Nope. 

You already know...
laugh.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I deleted Kendrick's album. 

In terms of content, both may touch on similar issues but one is pretty much sonically unbearable from a hip hop/rap standpoint. 

I told another NTer that if D'angelo, or Raphael Saadiq could rap, that would be the album I'd expect them to make. 

You know why I **** with Dre on The Love Below? Because the tracks that he spit on were mostly hip hop based. For instance, A Life in the Day of Andre Benjamin is hip hop.The tracks that he decided to sing on were not hip hop based, but he knew what would fit his style. Kendrick didn't grasp the fit for his album imo. 

Pushing the boundaries of what hip hop is about is never really cool in my book. 

Then when I brought up the point about PE making "fun" music a dude told me it wasn't fun, but if you go back to their videos, and even look at Flav, and I remember those times where it had a message but it wasn't as heavy handed. 

911 is a Joke had a message, but it was also a fun track. 

Then they said Kendrick was this generations Nas...
mean.gif

Nas never would have made some **** like that. 

Last edited:
Sideline Story tour wasnt that good since he was performing nothing but radio hits to gain fans

Ive seen Cole perform 3 times. 4 Days before FNL dropped, at Bonnaroo a few months before Sideline Story, and then on the SS tour.

The first show was by far the best, but honestly dude is a fantastic performer, and everytime I saw him he put on a great show. The Sideline Story tour was great in my opinion. Seeing him perfrom Daddy's Little Girl and then transitioning into Lost Ones was amazing.

I passed on the Born Sinner tour, I just couldn't picture it being that great live considering it was a three hour drive each way. Got my tickets for this tour first day they went on sale, CANNOT wait.

Last edited:
Ive seen Cole perform 3 times. 4 Days before FNL dropped, at Bonnaroo a few months before Sideline Story, and then on the SS tour.

The first show was by far the best, but honestly dude is a fantastic performer, and everytime I saw him he put on a great show. The Sideline Story tour was great in my opinion. Seeing him perfrom Daddy's Little Girl and then transitioning into Lost Ones was amazing.

I passed on the Born Sinner tour, I just couldn't picture it being that great live considering it was a three hour drive each way. Got my tickets for this tour first day they went on sale, CANNOT wait.

Born sinner was amazing bro you miss out dude is a great performer .

he really is a great perfromer. you can definitely tell he gets into it. Firs time I saw him was 2014, Dollar and a Dream in Los Angeles. Second time was this year. FHD tour. He performed the whole album and his popular songs such as Cant Get Enough, Nobody's Perfect, In the Morning, Lights Please

To early to compare to Kendrick's or nah? lol

Cole's album is better purely because it is a much more digestible collection of music. There is something to be said about music that has a message yet is enjoyable to be listened to as well. Kendricks album outside a few excellent songs just feels like it drags on for too long, and has little to no replay value at all. Conscious rap doesn't have to mean lecturing rap or boring rap, and I think Cole and Big KRIT have nailed the sweet spot.

I'll be listening to TPAB more in the next few days but as of now FHD >>>

Cole's album is better purely because it is a much more digestible collection of music. There is something to be said about music that has a message yet is enjoyable to be listened to as well. Kendricks album outside a few excellent songs just feels like it drags on for too long, and has little to no replay value at all. Conscious rap doesn't have to mean lecturing rap or boring rap, and I think Cole and Big KRIT have nailed the sweet spot.

Dude I really thought you would have enjoyed that album. As much as I rate TPAB up with FHD and Cadillactica, I see what you mean. For better or for worse, Kendrick really is in his own realm of music. For some that's a welcomed experience, for others, it's so different, that there isn't much room for replay value. Sec.80 is closer to KRIT and Cole's latest works, every song sounds completely different from the next. GKMD and TPAB are so linear in sound that listening to one song almost feels unsatisfactory.  

With that said, I need that Cole and Kendrick album like a lung. 

Last edited:
Why not?

People compared Stillmatic with Blueprint...comparisons will be made.

It just happens when the best MCs of this generation drop albums months apart.

Last edited:
It doesn't make any sense when the two projects are completely different and have nothing to do with each other.

This is why people can't enjoy new projects because they stay comparing it to something else. Especially when the albums are different.

How are the albums different? Cause one is any easy listen and one is homework? Cause one you can ride to and one you can....well, i dont know what you can do to the other one but anywhoo

Both albums are about dudes finding themselves, giving messages. One took a straight forward approach, one took a more dense approach.

You can compare the albums without saying one is better than the other...or you can compare and say which one you prefer over the other.

Right now I prefer FHD, it will prolly stay that way.

I agree with homie above in the sense that both albums are about Cole and K.Dot finding themselves after becoming lost and complacent in the current state of the rap, along with providing commentary on not just the rap game, but on the state of America on issues such as capitalism, greed, and of course racism. So on that note, these two albums should be compared.

J. Cole's album was excellent and what we needed both three months ago and especially now. It was easily his most cohesive album to date and is up there with the Warm Up and FNL. However, K.Dot's album is just on another level. Both have the same subject matter, K.Dot's is just more complex and takes longer to digest and fully understand. While I loved FHD from the jump, I had to marinate on TPAB to comprehend all that's going on. I'd say TPAB>FHD, but make no mistake, these two albums are the best work put out since GKMC.

Dude I really thought you would have enjoyed that album. As much as I rate TPAB up with FHD and Cadillactica, I see what you mean. For better or for worse, Kendrick really is in his own realm of music. For some that's a welcomed experience, for others, it's so different, that there isn't much room for replay value. Sec.80 is closer to KRIT and Cole's latest works, every song sounds completely different from the next. GKMD and TPAB are so linear in sound that listening to one song almost feels unsatisfactory.  

With that said, I need that Cole and Kendrick album like a lung. 

I thought I would like it more too, and I'm still listening to it hoping I change my mind. Completely agree with Sec80 sounding closer to Cole and Krit

love how simple this album is. It's a great chaser to K Dots album so I play it immediately after listening most of the time.

Butterfly
Cadillactica
FHD

All 3 are great albums from a content and rapping standpoint but the production on Cole's ain't as good as the other 2. I appreciate what those dudes bring to the table. Really the only rappers from this generation that are doing their own thing, not worried about being trendy or non of that ****.

Back
Top Bottom