[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

I don't know if you all listen to music or just beats, but 4 Your Eyes Only was not lacking lyrically, at all. What is was...was personal. If you can't relate or vibe, I understand and people aren't going to all gravitate to such a personal album. But, whether you got bored or wasn't interested is one thing...calling it weak is another and lyrically is just not true.

I think Born Sinner is his best studio album. Gotta go back to that. Still mad he wasted Kendrick on that sample.

Friday Night Lights >>>>> Anything else he's put out.

That’s the first tape right? Imma check it out. Cole one of them dudes I wanna like but he don’t really do it for me when I listen to his music, outside of born sinner and a couple tracks here and there.

Warm Up>FNL>Come Up>BS>FHD>Sideline Story>>>>4YEO

Overlooking the Truly Yours and Any Given Sunday series.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20180417-155739_Facebook.jpg

No phones no cameras :pimp: I like that

J. Cole is pretty meticulous when it comes to his album sequencing, being that KOD has 3 different meanings I see it playing out as:

Kid on Drugs - first 3-4 songs about a kid growing up living the fast life, being exposed to things

King Overdose - 3-4 songs, the bangers/turn up music, braggadocios, “i got all i want” type of vibe, stunt

Kill Our Demons - 3-4 songs, introspective tracks, addressing regrets and damage that may have been done, demons from when he was a kid, and also the sinful “king overdose” phase of his life

^That would be a dope concept!

I personally think Cole doesn't need to start having rap features on his albums at all. When I listen to a album I come to hear the artist and for me the lest guest verses there are the better.

FHD is Cole's best and most complete body of work IMO. I do think he can do better as that album is a bit weak towards the end. I am hoping he can put out a certified classic that is strong from beginning to end. I think FYEO was a good album and under-appreciated actually, I just could have done without the interludes and a bit better pacing.

Wth all that being said I am excited for this project and what Cole has to say!

Back
Top Bottom