[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Is it me or does this documentary make this album sound better. I almost feel like he should have released the album and movie at the same time.

Doc was so good man. Cole is gonna extend his career for so long with the moves he is making... if he really decides to step away for an extended period of time, I think his fans will come back and still want to hear what he has to say 3-5 years from now.

I hope our generation doesn't overlook his moves during this time period though for real.

History will reflect he was one of the few to put on for the culture in an important way when he could have been doing other frivolous, typical, rapper things.

Dope album, dope documentary. :smokin

So what was the aftermath of the house raid? Police release an apology? Any new comments from the neighbors? Anything?

Is it me or does this documentary make this album sound better. I almost feel like he should have released the album and movie at the same time.
album was and still is boring to me outside of neighbors but the documentary was a great piece of art

definitely would have changed the perception and people's expectations going in

he needs to completely switch it up for the next project

he doesnt have long before someone a decade younger is gonna start doing his lane of music better than him

idk what he can do to switch it up but he should think of something

Last edited:
Maybe some bangers? Get some great producers.
Go to that next level and evolve as an artist.
Makes some feel good music? Idk

Dude seems humble enough to live off whatever proceeds he's made off music/touring at this point, he's damn near set for life if he really lives this "normal" lifestyle he portrays.

With that being said, I think he's good for a 5th album.

Maybe some bangers? Get some great producers.
Go to that next level and evolve as an artist.
Makes some feel good music? Idk

Would love to see Cole hop into mainstream style heavy. Just like how Jay "dumbed down" his lyrics and started making more hits.

everything points to him doing the exact opposite...

As label head he has already put out multiple artists so I see him going more the exec route than dumbing down his music chasing mainstream.

Dude can still be involved with music and not drop another album for years and not be bothered by where he is in terms of relevancy bc he made the decision to remove himself.

Dude can say in his prime he was a top 3 rapper... and portion of hip hop fans favorite artist.

everything points to him doing the exact opposite...

As label head he has already put out multiple artists so I see him going more the exec route than dumbing down his music chasing mainstream.

Dude can still be involved with music and not drop another album for years and not be bothered by where he is in terms of relevancy bc he made the decision to remove himself.

Dude can say in his prime he was a top 3 rapper... and portion of hip hop fans favorite artist.

I knew from the get go before he even blew up that he was gonna BLOW up!! To those ppl when i said he gunna be top 5 they didnt see

That new song cool but i wanna hear this guy rap with passion in his voice like before

Cole makes me mad the same way Wayne used to make me mad back in the day

The visual effects for Whom The Bell Tolls was dope. Reminded me of that one scene in Beasts Of No Nation
This is exactly why I don't **** with him now. 

Switched up to the maximum. 

I was listening to Born Sinner not long ago...
pimp.gif

In his prime Cole was never a top 3 rapper. 

He was good, but because the competition is so watered down people say things like that. 

Last edited:
I've been disappointed with Cole tho. Smh

And coming from a guy who listened to him when he started out with A Dollar And A Dream

That new song cool but i wanna hear this guy rap with passion in his voice like before

Cole makes me mad the same way Wayne used to make me mad back in the day

The visual effects for Whom The Bell Tolls was dope. Reminded me of that one scene in Beasts Of No Nation

This is exactly why I don't **** with him now. 

Switched up to the maximum. 

I was listening to Born Sinner not long ago...:pimp:  

In his prime Cole was never a top 3 rapper. 

He was good, but because the competition is so watered down people say things like that. 

How can you say he isnt top 3?

Top tier right now every time its brought up for the newer generation its Drake Cole and Kendrick....

Album quality, sales, touring... fan appreciation, trend setting. Cole's name is in all of that effortlessly...

Love to hear how he isnt top 3.

you'd be ranking:
Cudi, Sean, Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Wale

Cudi and Wale were already out before but all these artists really emerged around 2010~

Back
Top Bottom