J Crew?

being addicted to J.Crew is like being addicted to reggie as a smoker...you gonna keep copping if you're a poor person but if you know better you gonna show better. J.Crew cool for what it's worth I guess...you poor OP
lol yeah i am

no shame 

i'm 22 

Last edited:
being addicted to J.Crew is like being addicted to reggie as a smoker...you gonna keep copping if you're a poor person but if you know better you gonna show better. J.Crew cool for what it's worth I guess...you poor OP

So J Crew is for the poor?

So J Crew is for the poor?
I don't care as much these days to be honest. They use plastic buttons as oppose to say, Epaulet, which is like a higher class J. Crew that uses mother of horn buttons and dope fabrics made in USA. Their shirts also sell really well at $150+. I have both sides and cool with that.

I know dudes who have dope wardrobes but don't have so much saved up. Conversely, I know dudes who are extremely wealthy that shops at JCP and Marshalls and the likes.

J. Crew is a love/hate brand. Clothing hobbyists really dislike the brand because they blatantly copy others. It's been documented that J. Crew reps will go into places like Jack Spade and clean out on their corporate credit cards to mimic. J. Crew also has a huge following because they make dressing simple since the whole Americana/workwear theme is still going very strong.

These days im more so into Gant, Jack Spade, Vince, AG, Theory and a few others. I very rarely buy J-Crew or RL unless its something that really moves me.  RL and RLX pants are almost always appreciated and copped though. J-Crew also has some dope jackets.

Also, as mentioned somewhere in the thread.. never buy retail.. there's always a sale around the corner.. everywhere.. even Saks.  Be patient and build your wardrobe from the stuff you like, and at a price that you agree with. Last thing..it never hurts to get cool with a sales associate and exchange information. I have a few at different Bloomingdales and Nords locations, that will send me a text when there are sales on the horizon, cop stuff for me if i cant make it through or hold it to the side.

They have the best white ts.
Or plain ts.

Lived in tshirt is da name i think and u can get them in longer sizes.

Das all i cop from dem boy.

All my tees are j crew. Best lived in comfy tee around better then banana republic and thier tees are nice as well. I have some chinos and shorts as well but they are pricy sometimrs for no reason. J crew outlet has some nice stuff

Yes, definite staple for me as I've gotten older. They're perfect for filling in the pieces you need when you're not wearing Lo from head to toe.

Quality of their stuff has def come down with the resurgence of their brand

It's funny I worked on a business plan in college with some higher ups at J Crew back into 2006/07

One of the smartest moves they made was bringing collabs into the store to draw people back in, such as Levi's, Nike, NB, Penfield, etc

what are some good alternatives to J. Crew? Also, how are their jeans, specifically their 484 ones? I love their chinos but I never bought a pair of jeans. I have a good amount of JC and JCF and I want to mix it up.

what are some good alternatives to J. Crew? Also, how are their jeans, specifically their 484 ones? I love their chinos but I never bought a pair of jeans. I have a good amount of JC and JCF and I want to mix it up.

I like Uniqlo a lot for simple stuff. Not a lot of dough and the quality is good. Their hoodies and joggers are pretty on point. Also if you're looking for similar price point but also nice stuff, Club Monaco isn't bad.

The blue gingham shirt is as common as a pair of blue jeans.

Wearing one today actually :lol:

Last edited:
i still use my student discount additional during sales

Imma be a student forever :pimp:
J Crew is great. I don't shop at their store unless things are on sale :lol:.

I head to the outlet and cop slim fit dress shirts, best I've bought was $17.50/shirt. Recently, it was $25 with the student ID :smile:smokin).

It's great value, but I only wait for sales.

:lol:

1408665738653_wps_2_An_Instagram_account_dedi.jpg

Pains me to say this now. But I own a purple gingham from there.

Actually have a ton of J. Crew clothing. Quick and easy alternative if I need a new shirt or sweater as I'm familiar with their cuts.

Been shopping there since the 90's. They used to have a Giant Fit jean that was my favorite **** in the baggy jean era. Loose and straight leg. No taper.

I was rotating them joints with my Girbauds :lol: And I used to monogram their plain Polos with my own ****.

Nowadays, I pop into The Liquor Store in NY pretty often as I'm always in that area. Cool place to window shop then cop what I like on sale down the line.

I like that Factory is online now too.

They've definitely done a great job of adapting and staying in business over the years.

I have a teal / aqua and white gingham shirt. Their chambray shirts are in 2nd place for their shirts I see the most of.

I have purple gingham boxers from J Crew

I don't like that "washed" shirt style so I don't own any casual gingham but I do enjoy the print

illphillip illphillip and yo I def had those giant fit jeans :lol: I think we are about the same age, when I was in high school, J Crew was my go to. I was a big shopper in the late 90's to like 2001 or so and then they tailed off but made a huge comeback in the late 2000's

remember the terry cloth long sleeve shirts?

I was cleaning out stuff from my dad's basement and found these boardshorts; these were my go to back in 2001 :lol:
View media item 1249887

Last edited:
Student discount is in store only with a student ID. Jcrew almost always has promos going on just check the site use code getwarm for 25% off and 30% off sale items

Back
Top Bottom