J.R. Smith altercation

Denver Nuggets shooting guard J.R. Smith was involved in an altercation at the team's practice facility on Aug. 13, when police arrived after a player not associated with the Nuggets claimed to have been attacked by the mercurial 24-year-old. After numerous sources told FanHouse of the incident, the Denver Police Department confirmed it on Wednesday afternoon. "We did have a report of an altercation that took place at the Denver Nuggets' practice facility," Detective John White of the Denver Police Department told FanHouse by phone. "That case was investigated and ultimately presented to the district attorney's office. ... Ultimately, the district attorney's office, after being presented with the findings by the Denver Police Department, decided not to pursue charges.

According to White, the player -- who sources said lives in the Denver area and played previously with the now defunct Colorado 14ers of the NBA D-League -- is "not a member of the National Basketball Association." According to a league source who spoke with one of the people in the gym, numerous players were taking part in drills when members of the Nuggets' coaching staff told the player who later called police to be physical with Smith. "They were just wanting the guy to be physical with J.R., telling the other guys, 'Hey, body up on the guys and really make them work,'" the source said. "J.R. just lost it. He tried to choke the kid, and the kid called the cops."

From FanHouse.com

What's gonna happen to this kid? Talented and all, but he has to pay for his immaturity somehow. Also, where does he land (if he gets traded)?

Denver Nuggets shooting guard J.R. Smith was involved in an altercation at the team's practice facility on Aug. 13, when police arrived after a player not associated with the Nuggets claimed to have been attacked by the mercurial 24-year-old. After numerous sources told FanHouse of the incident, the Denver Police Department confirmed it on Wednesday afternoon. "We did have a report of an altercation that took place at the Denver Nuggets' practice facility," Detective John White of the Denver Police Department told FanHouse by phone. "That case was investigated and ultimately presented to the district attorney's office. ... Ultimately, the district attorney's office, after being presented with the findings by the Denver Police Department, decided not to pursue charges.

According to White, the player -- who sources said lives in the Denver area and played previously with the now defunct Colorado 14ers of the NBA D-League -- is "not a member of the National Basketball Association." According to a league source who spoke with one of the people in the gym, numerous players were taking part in drills when members of the Nuggets' coaching staff told the player who later called police to be physical with Smith. "They were just wanting the guy to be physical with J.R., telling the other guys, 'Hey, body up on the guys and really make them work,'" the source said. "J.R. just lost it. He tried to choke the kid, and the kid called the cops."

From FanHouse.com

What's gonna happen to this kid? Talented and all, but he has to pay for his immaturity somehow. Also, where does he land (if he gets traded)?

2jai8lw.jpg

My name is Destiny and all I do is make buckets.

I could write a paper on the significance of that tattoo
smh.gif

My name is Destiny and all I do is make buckets.

I could write a paper on the significance of that tattoo
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I havent seen the swish hahahahhshahaa

u see the "married to the game" tat on his ring finger? 

This dude JR Smith....nothing he does surprises me at all. 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I havent seen the swish hahahahhshahaa

This dude JR Smith....nothing he does surprises me at all. 
smh.gif

I know it's J.R. we're talking about, but I find it hard to believe he decided to choke this cat just because he was trying to dig in on defense.

ept_sports_nba_experts-930783228-1282167541.jpg

roll.gif

"I Do" Hahahasfagfj

Don't even lie, that's creative.

I know it's J.R. we're talking about, but I find it hard to believe he decided to choke this cat just because he was trying to dig in on defense.

ept_sports_nba_experts-930783228-1282167541.jpg

roll.gif

"I Do" Hahahasfagfj

Don't even lie, that's creative.

yeah i think the guy was talkin BIG SHHH, like steppin over boundaries and when it looked like it was getting to JR he kept going... then the negro appeared. can't fault him until we hear the whole story but of course the media is gonna make him out to be the crazy gorilla

yeah i think the guy was talkin BIG SHHH, like steppin over boundaries and when it looked like it was getting to JR he kept going... then the negro appeared. can't fault him until we hear the whole story but of course the media is gonna make him out to be the crazy gorilla

^Yea, that's exactly what happened. None of this is JR's fault. Another victim of the MAN. Just another conspiracy to bring down tattooed people. I seent it all around me.

^Yea, that's exactly what happened. None of this is JR's fault. Another victim of the MAN. Just another conspiracy to bring down tattooed people. I seent it all around me.

Damn, still only 24?

Edit:

Dude's a sucker for calling the cops
Same thing I was thinking.  How many times you see scraps on the court and just keep it moving?  Kid smelled lawsuit $$$$$$$$$.

Damn, still only 24?

Edit:

Dude's a sucker for calling the cops
Same thing I was thinking.  How many times you see scraps on the court and just keep it moving?  Kid smelled lawsuit $$$$$$$$$.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I disagree with you the tattoos have nothing to do with this. JR is flat immature. As George Karl says he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. He is 24 years old and has no maturity. The guy may have been talking trash or being too physical in drills, but why not walk away. JR Smith is a professional and needs to act like one. Hitting a person because they are in your ear is pretty dumb.JR makes millions of dollars a year, and this guy guarding him is luck to pay his rent each month. He needs to stop and just play basketball.  

Back
Top Bottom