Ja Rule's finesse of the Century - Fyre Festival

Fyre Festival vol. 2?!?!

How this managed to even get this far is incredible and proves that Ja is the greatest thief in history if he's able to pull of this heist.

They really should've just went all out and made the announcement on April 1st to make it really epic:lol:

Reading the Wikipedia page :lol: Sounds like there were a few potential investors that had some sort of intelligence

"It's one of the greatest social-media campaigns I've ever seen," a financial manager for a popular rapper commented later. "They got the most beautiful women in the world, with the largest social following." However, when he called McFarland later to find out more, and found out that his partner was Ja Rule, he declined McFarland's invitation to invest.

:lol:

These things stand out:

One of those who did invest, fashion executive Carola Jain, reportedly got Fyre a $4 million loan. The company used most of it to rent luxurious offices in Manhattan's TriBeCa neighborhood. With no experience staging an event of the proposed festival's scale, McFarland began reaching out to companies that did. However, he was reportedly taken aback when they told him the event would cost at least $5 million, perhaps even $12 million to stage in the time available as he had promised

Comcast Ventures considered investing $25 million in the app, which McFarland apparently hoped would allow him to finance the festival, but declined days beforehand.[7] Reportedly McFarland had valued Fyre Media at $90 million, and was unable to provide sufficient proof of that when Comcast requested it.[4]

So basically, he could've actually easily followed through on the promises made to customers if he hadn't been trying to scam Comcast for an extra $65 million and if he didn't use his investors' money to fund his own luxury lifestyle.

It's one of the most common things I've seen in the startup industry; young owners/CEOs spending millions on luxury offices and perks while not being able to afford to improve the actual product. Many of the most successful startups I've worked with literally worked out of shacks with 3 people to each desk; they only upgraded their offices once they actually delivered a successful product/service and established a stable customer base.

So basically, he could've actually easily followed through on the promises made to customers if he hadn't been trying to scam Comcast for an extra $65 million and if he didn't use his investors' money to fund his own luxury lifestyle.

It's one of the most common things I've seen in the startup industry; young owners/CEOs spending millions on luxury offices and perks while not being able to afford to improve the actual product. Many of the most successful startups I've worked with literally worked out of shacks with 3 people to each desk; they only upgraded their offices once they actually delivered a successful product/service and established a stable customer base.

Sound like he was hopin' with all the fancy stuff he was getting and how he was livin' the investors would think he knew what he was doing and trust him with they money. Can't fake it till you make it against everybody

Sound like he was hopin' with all the fancy stuff he was getting and how he was livin' the investors would think he knew what he was doing and trust him with they money. Can't fake it till you make it against everybody

Yup. If he had any common sense, he would've used the initial investments to just get the product out there and establish Fyre as a legit festival. He could've gotten millions of sponsors and investments for future Fyre festivals without having to scam for it (excluding the initial festival), but he just got too greedy and had to get all of it in year one.

37 pages tho? Yall trifling.

I would never tell anyone to read all 37 pages of a thread on the internet...except this thread. This thread was already epic, and then someone posted the video of Ja actually saying the insane things that were quoted in news stories. Then it just went to another level lol

I would never tell anyone to read all 37 pages of a thread on the internet...except this thread. This thread was already epic, and then someone posted the video of Ja actually saying the insane things that were quoted in news stories. Then it just went to another level lol

One of the best parts was people turning from "Poor Ja; he was probably used as a scapegoat" to "Never mind..." when the video surfaced :lol:

Back
Top Bottom