Ja Rule's finesse of the Century - Fyre Festival

So the Netflix joint drops in 2 days?

But Billy boy ain’t in it?

Still watching.

This definitely felt like a lower budget doc, so I'm sure while the Netflix one will look more polished, what else could they possibly add to the story?

Also, was there something that went down with the dude who did the event for FJerry? It feels like they skimmed by that part. Did they just throw him under the bus so he left and started his own thing?

This definitely felt like a lower budget doc, so I'm sure while the Netflix one will look more polished, what else could they possibly add to the story?

Also, was there something that went down with the dude who did the event for FJerry? It feels like they skimmed by that part. Did they just throw him under the bus so he left and started his own thing?

I believe he left on his own accord.

Watched the Netflix doc

Ja Rule looked extra lame trying to get those models to get in the water with him and Billy :lol:

All those Bahamian folks didn't get paid. Straight up slave labor :smh:

Oh boy was really going to "take one for the team" :stoneface: :smh: :sick:

From the beginning you could tell he didn’t have the cash to front for the infrastructure. Not only that it seems like he was expecting some drug lord to come to him once he announced the festival...

The time frame to launch was clearly indicative that he didn’t have any money.

Watched the Netflix doc

Ja Rule looked extra lame trying to get those models to get in the water with him and Billy :lol:

All those Bahamian folks didn't get paid. Straight up slave labor :smh:

Oh boy was really going to "take one for the team" :stoneface: :smh: :sick:

Man, this Netflix doc really exposes how Ja was DEFINITELY fully involved in the scam and not the fall guy he claims to be. His conference call about how they needed to spin it to avoid legal trouble and saying "it's not a scam, it's false advertising" :smh: :sick: He should be facing punishment as well for this @#$@

Yes, it's hilarious to see these aspiring social media stars with their corny and cringeworthy video blogs get thrown into this situation, but these scam artists deserve the worst for all the employees and innocent Bahamians that had their livelihoods ruined

"@#$@ Ja Rule!"

Last edited:

HULU paid Billy to be in it

Some Fyre producers were involved in the Netflix one.

So you can pick between the two that way.

I didn’t keep up with none of the news surrounding this. Laughed at the jokes the day it hit the web and that was it. Watched this Hulu doc and I swear if I didn’t know this was real life, Id think this was a parody. It’s like i watched a true crime comedy spoof like that American Vandal show on Netflix :lol:

old dude woulda took the money shot to the face for that water to clear thru customs and still wouldn't change the outcome

maxresdefault.jpg

For what reason would Billy thought it would be a good idea to participate in the Hulu doc? Dude is nuts

Bro, I literally yelled at my TV.

Ja Rule is an idiot.

My heart dropped when that poor lady talked about paying workers 50k out of her savings while this clown McFarland is living in a penthouse. :smh:

For real man. I felt her pain, too. Like at the beginning she was optimistic that it would push through for many years to come because it’s supposed to generate jobs but man... it’s just heartbreaking to watch :frown:

“They had every living soul on the island of Exuma that can lift working”
:smh:

Why did they rush to try to make this thing happen? Sounds like off the bat that’s an idea that would take a few years work out logistically and then actually be able to put into motion

Bro, I literally yelled at my TV.

Ja Rule is an idiot.

My heart dropped when that poor lady talked about paying workers 50k out of her savings while this clown McFarland is living in a penthouse. :smh:

Ja better do something right and reimburse that lady :smh:

“They had every living soul on the island of Exuma that can lift working”
:smh:

Why did they rush to try to make this thing happen? Sounds like off the bat that’s an idea that would take a few years work out logistically and then actually be able to put into motion

They didn’t have any money to pay anyone...
In the Hulu doc .. not until they got ticket sales money did they start doing anything..

Idk it was like.. let’s plan this huge party. Use the pre sale revenue to build the stages. Then use the sales money to pay everyone.

Problem is you literally have no sponsors.. no investors

They didn’t have any money to pay anyone...
In the Hulu doc .. not until they got ticket sales money did they start doing anything..

Idk it was like.. let’s plan this huge party. Use the pre sale revenue to build the stages. Then use the sales money to pay everyone.

Problem is you literally have no sponsors.. no investors

Even with his scams, he actually would've gotten enough from more investors to break even ,if he hadn't valued his company ridiculously high. That's what made them suspicious/pull out . After running a successful event the first year, he could've gotten more sponsors and investments in the future. But nah, he wanted to live in penthouses, party on the beach with IG models, and buy pirate ships to launch himself out of instead

Back
Top Bottom