Jack Elway quits football

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP)-Hall of Famer John Elway's son is leaving the Arizona State football program, the school confirmed Tuesday.

However, Jack Elway plans to remain a student at the school

Sun Devils coach Dennis Erickson told The Arizona Republic on Monday, "He's just tired of football and wants to do something else with hislife."

Elway, a redshirt freshman quarterback, didn't play in a scrimmage last weekend, the Republic reported.

"He would have played here eventually," Erickson said.

Elway was a standout quarterback at Cherry Creek High School in Englewood, Colo., before picking Arizona State.

The elder Elway played at Stanford before spending 16 seasons with the Broncos, leading them to back-to-back Super Bowl titles after 1997-98 seasons

Damn, I understand it could be a lot of pressure, but dude's life was pretty much set. Some people would kill to be in his situation.Throwing away giftsFTL.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Damn, I understand it could be a lot of pressure, but dude's life was pretty much set. Some people would kill to be in his situation.Throwing away gifts FTL.
Set as in? I'm pretty sure if he thought football was the route to go he would've done so. People forget how much time playing collegefootball takes up. If his eyes are elsewhere for his future then so be it. It's not liked he dropped out of school.

im pretty sure he is hatin life being compared to his pops having high levels of expectations of what ever he does. anyone with a dad who was money

i guess the pressure of the Elway name got to him
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Danny Almonte 3

im pretty sure he is hatin life being compared to his pops having high levels of expectations of what ever he does. anyone with a dad who was money

didnt grant hills father do the same to him by not letting him play football? because of the pressure

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Damn, I understand it could be a lot of pressure, but dude's life was pretty much set. Some people would kill to be in his situation.Throwing away gifts FTL.
Set as in? I'm pretty sure if he thought football was the route to go he would've done so. People forget how much time playing college football takes up. If his eyes are elsewhere for his future then so be it. It's not liked he dropped out of school.
He was set as in eventually he would get playing time and who knows, maybe he would've gone to the pros based on his name alone. Hey, look atLuke Walton...
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Set as in? I'm pretty sure if he thought football was the route to go he would've done so. People forget how much time playing college football takes up. If his eyes are elsewhere for his future then so be it. It's not liked he dropped out of school.

Agree completely...

Sure, some people would kill to be in that situation, but that doesn't mean that's where the kid's heart is... I can imagine the constant pressureof being John Elway's kid, along with the time committment required from a college athlete can more than take its toll on a kid whose heart isn'tnecessarily 100% in football to begin with...

I say good for Jack Elway...

Originally Posted by Danny Almonte 3

exactly what i was thinking

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

He'll still get laid more than anyone on ASU's football squad.

laugh.gif

but i've heard stories of carpentar knocking down triple digits each year here...

Back
Top Bottom