JACK UR BODY...LET THERE BE HOUSE!

dbx- Beatfreak

OR

Josh Wink's totally not a rip off of my old friend's track 9 years later- Superfreak

Almost bought this for 60 on discog but can't bring myself to it… Kyle Hal man that kid got skills!

house1.jpg

house_small.jpg

McCreary-Greer.house.jpg

main-house-that-built-me.jpg

HowickHouse.png

pimp.gif

I had a friend that did a 3 decks mix back in 2001 with this doubled up playing for about 15 minutes getting mixed into and out of. One of my favorite Derrick Carter remixes, and that's saying something considering how many great ones he's done.

Strictly speaking this isn't house, but man it got some crossover play. It's sad that so few people recognize it from the original artist and now only know it from the knockoff artists OR because Carl Cox played it out. It still sounds as fresh as the first time I heard it 12 years ago.

just got back from a dope a ss monthly party here in LA� called jazzmoov, where dancers, djs, live drummers explore the jazzier side of house and uptempo jazz.
str8 vibin' in the cypher with house dancers, bboys, lockers, poppers...any dancers in the house? (pun intended lol)

and let me add this, its a new interview with kerri chandler on RA http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1621

I'm very nonreligious, but for some reason I've always had a soft spot for Gospel House. Hearing Terrence Parker drop this in a crowded room full of kids that hadn't been to church in years and everyone catching the vibe was one of the high points of going out for me.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Here's some 2012 house.

i remember an interview i read of kris wadsworth and he says he hates it when people label his music house or deep house LOL�
but heres something newer that i like. i had the pleasure of seeing steffi and marcel dettmann do their thing on the decks with all vinyl at
an underground party. love their sounds in house and techno respectively. my holy grail of partying would be to party at berghain all night, and
continue the party into the day at panorama bar one of these days......

Originally Posted by mints

I'm very nonreligious, but for some reason I've always had a soft spot for Gospel House. Hearing Terrence Parker drop this in a crowded room full of kids that hadn't been to church in years and everyone catching the vibe was one of the high points of going out for me.
gospel house isnt really my thing, id prefer other styles over it usually but i LOVE church lady by dennis ferrer

I agree that a full set of it can be overkill most of the time, but every now and then dropping a gospel track in a set can be an experience.

Originally Posted by mints

I agree that a full set of it can be overkill most of the time, but every now and then dropping a gospel track in a set can be an experience.

oh most definitely. whenever i go to see a OG like frankie knuckles or louie vega or someone similar, they always drop a gospel house track or 2 and it always gets the crowd goin.

heres a ill track. its some deep, acid-y, dubby, hypnotic techno/house dopeness by donato dozzy.
cant wait to see him next month

Back
Top Bottom