Jackie Chan's son busted in major drug crackdown in China

Chopping bricks like Karate!

annKmhB.jpg

I remember reading a story a while back, probably on NT, about Jackie Chan planning to not leave his kids any money. This explains it I guess.
wow, thats a dbag move from jackie. i cant understand a parent who wont give their wealth to their children just because.
It's never just because. I wouldn't want my kids growing up spoiled if I was wealthy. We see these teens and how they act entitled and important living off of their parents wealth with no talent. Let them earn that **** themselves.

It's mindblowing....that ****** are really in that cage....over marijuana. A ******* plant.

It's been a lot of "drug busts" over there involving famous people. Chinese government don't want the people getting high I guess.

Crazy thing is even tho ppl got problems with weed laws here, its alotta places around the world like China thats on their America in the 1950's **** when it comes to marijuana/drugs ...."Cant have lil Jimmy smoking that big bad reefer"

Damn Jackie gotta apologize to the whole country over a 100 grams :smh: :lol:

After the Opium Wars, China developed an extremely low tolerance for drug use. It's not just the Government, but the public perception of drugs is a very negative one.

Jackie is an official Anti-Drug Ambassador for China, so its not too surprising he said what he did do he can maintain his public image.

3 years for less than 4 ounces of weed :smh:

"MAJOR DRUG CRACKDOWN"

China and several countries in Asia have a zero tolerance on drugs and punishments can be extremely severe.

Yeah, I believe China implements the death penalty for those convicted of trafficking drugs. Singapore's laws are even more strict.

Last edited:
For Singapore:

It depends very, very much on four factors; the drug in question, the quantity of said drug, your travel history in the country, and the mood/amount of ****headness of the police officers/judge involved.
If it's cannabis, they're generally slightly more lenient because it's not a commonly trafficked drug for anything other than personal use. If you want access to cannabis in a given country, it's generally quite easy to get home-grown varieties. That said, there's a lot of idiots in the world.

Heroin, cocaine and similar "hard" drugs are more heavily approached, because these are commonly trafficked drugs in the Indonesian and South Pacific area. The climate is perfect for growing and it's the only way to access the Australasian markets and to get access to Australian methamphetamines (which is a booming drug industry in Australia). Getting caught with a case of smack is going to be approached far more seriously than a bag of weed, since it's far less common for people to carry without intention to sell.

The quantity of drugs is also a matter of importance. A few grams of the drug in question (lets assume cannabis) is going to be treated more leniently; probably only a heavy fine and public flogging. If you're unlucky you might get a year or 3 inside, but a few grams of cannabis don't display intent to sell.

Now, 500g of the stuff will most definitely land you in jail, probably for at least 10 years. You'll be jailed, deported to your home country, you'll never ever be allowed to travel to the USA, Australia, any of the Southeast Asian nations etc. ever again, and you're life is basically over. There's also a not insignificant chance you'll be executed.

Hard drugs in any quantity are a serious matter, and especially in anything over a couple of grams. Imprisonment, deportation, probable execution are all looming over your head, simply for drug possession because possession indicates intent to sell in Singapore.

The police officers and the judge are the final major factor. If your police officers are inclined to think of you as a ******* idiot rather than a dealer, they might have a word with someone higher up to get you just a massive fine, a no-fly sentence and a public flogging. If the judge is lenient, this may happen as well, but it very much depends on the other factors. Hard-*** judges may well sentence you to death for 25g of cannabis, since that's entirely within their rights.

After the Opium Wars, China developed an extremely low tolerance for drug use. It's not just the Government, but the public perception of drugs is a very negative one.

Jackie is an official Anti-Drug Ambassador for China, so its not too surprising he said what he did do he can maintain his public image.
Yeah, I believe China implements the death penalty for those convicted of trafficking drugs. Singapore's laws are even more strict.

wish they had such laws here

wish they had such laws here

Yes, lets disportionately lock up young black men for drug charges. Then kill them all. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom