January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
They rated Zelina higher than EVERY version of Sasha Banks in 2k20. That includes 2015-2016 Sasha, where she was arguably deemed the top female talent on the roster right under Charlotte (and Nikki Bella to a lesser extent), had two match of the year calibur matches with Bayley on NXT, main evented a PPV as well as competed in a Hell in a Cell match, and a multi time Women's Champion.

I try not to take these ratings that seriously, but this is some Ol' Bull****.
you're gonna make me take a angry nap again

hvmz48768rs31.jpg
They rated Zelina higher than EVERY version of Sasha Banks in 2k20. That includes 2015-2016 Sasha, where she was arguably deemed the top female talent on the roster right under Charlotte (and Nikki Bella to a lesser extent), had two match of the year calibur matches with Bayley on NXT, main evented a PPV as well as competed in a Hell in a Cell match, and a multi time Women's Champion.

I try not to take these ratings that seriously, but this is some Ol' Bull****.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican thoughts?

NXT preview (Oct. 16, 2019): Big returns

016_NXT_02022018ca_3428__0c376bb9f92c09d6cc0908723a54a853.0.jpg
WWE.com
NXT returns tonight from Full Sail University with another episode if their now live 2-hour weekly program.
Advertised for tonight:
  • Tommaso Ciampa vs. Angel Garza
  • Dominik Dijakovic vs. Keith Lee
  • Pete Dunne vs. Damien Preist
  • Tegan Nox returns
As per usual, here are our five questions about NXT tonight:
1) How will Tommaso Ciampa look?
This will be the first time Tommaso Ciampa steps into a ring since his spinal fusion surgery earlier this year. It won’t just be the first on TV. He hasn’t worked any house shows to get ready in front of a crowd. This is legit his first match back.
No doubt he’s been putting in a ton of hours in the Performance Center. But wrestlers have said that nothing replaces actually working a real match when it comes to returning. Ciampa is a great wrestler, but a little ring rust can be expected. He’s going against someone very good in Angel Garza, which should certainly help.
Even if he has to knock off a little rust, it’ll be great to see the Blackheart back in an NXT ring.
2) What’s Tegan Nox’s place in NXT?
Speaking of coming back from a huge injury, Tegan Nox will be her first NXT match since her heartbreaking injury at the Mae Young Classic last year. (It was actually our first returnee Tommaso Ciampa who comforted her right after it happened.)

Unlike Ciampa, Tegan has been working some house shows and has had a couple NXT UK matches. In fact, it looked like she was going to primarily be on NXT UK given that’s where she returned to TV. But then when NXT moved to USA, they started advertising her return.
We’ve gotten a couple video packages hyping her already so clearly they think there’s a big role in the women’s division for her. There was rumor that she was going to go deep in the Mae Young Classic last year, if not win it all, so they’re overall high on her. Clearly they think there’s a place for her on a 2-hour version of NXT. (And she has a tag team partner there in Dakota Kai if they ever want to have the NXT tag titles defended in NXT like original promised.)
3) What’s the end game of Lee/Dijakovic?
Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic’s rubber match tonight will be our main event. They’ve had some pretty heavy hitting matches, which have been entertaining, but it feels like this needs to lay out a path for not just the winner but the loser.
If I had to guess, Dijakovic wins and Keith loses. It felt for awhile that Keith losing was going to lead to him snapping. Ending with that as a main event angle would be exciting. (NXT hasn’t had any big angles to close shows lately and this would be a good one.)
Dijakovic could be the man who takes the loss, but the story seems like it was already there for Keith Lee.
4) Are they ready to push Priest to the next level?
Damien Priest vs. Pete Dunne should give us a good idea of where they think Priest fits in. Pete Dunne is a former long standing NXT UK champion and always booked well. So a win over the Bruiserweight is significant.
If he picks up a win here, I’d expect Priest in a title picture sooner than later. Maybe not the NXT title as that’s very crowded, but the North American scene could be a spot for him. (The same should be said for the winner of Lee/Dijakovic.)
If he loses, then they’re not ready for him to rise up any quicker.
It’s also possible this ends in a way that it becomes a longer feud to keep both guys a bit more protected a bit longer.
5) What’s next for Imperium?
Last week, WALTER bested Kushida in a very entertaining main event match. It was a clean, albeit hard fought win, with no post-match angle to tease more to come.
It had been my assumption that Imperium would be the team to step into WarGames next month to free up Undisputed to defend their titles. (This is in contrast to my colleague Sean Rueter, who thought the obvious angle was Undisputed defending all of their titles in one WarGames match.)
If I’m right, that means we need more aggression from WALTER & CO. to set up that match. If Sean is right, then maybe this is it from Imperium? Maybe that was an angle to entice some fans to tune in to the first few shows before moving on to something else?
With two hours, my bet is that despite the WarGames plan, Imperium sticks around to do something here and there as they have two-hours to fill. We’ll see tonight if they’re represented on the program in one way or another.
We’ll see if we get any answers to these questions tonight at 8 PM ET on USA.

I think they want to buck the trend of a vanity fed putting its management over other talent and I feel the Bucks & Kenny are over enough to take losses this early & not hurt their market value. The Elite are probably getting the top belts within the next year or so, but they ain't getting any younger (especially with the way they wrestle), so why not use their own popularity to build up new talent the audience can latch onto and act as a foundation for AEW's future. WWE is gonna use its deep pockets to buy up any potential free agents that could do well in AEW, anyway.

"Buck" the trend.

I just can't comprehend dudes doing Dark Matches one week and then competing for a World TItle the next. It is just odd TO ME and not what I am used to seeing.

Seems very 50/50 to me but maybe I am in the minority. ( Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee )

Another good powerrr hour this week. It’s honestly the only wrestling show that I can get through without that dragging feeling. That used to be nxt but that 2 hour show needs to show more than great in ring work every week. dont even watch ram anymore I just listen to rewind a raw. Both aew episodes have had their drag moments. And I don’t plan on being home Friday nights for smackdown.
Will watch this week Ihave no clue who is on their roster besides storm and aldis
I love it when brock goes savage and hurts someone. Reminds me of the 90s and cats use to be stiff and let it ride without injury each other

u think bayley or becky is better than sasha? honestly i like sasha and bayley the most, but they've booked bayley like a complete joke for the past 3 or 4yrs. and i have becky in the 4th spot.
I am simply responding to this idea of Sasha = Charlotte.

Charlotte's athletic ratings ALONE would cause her to be rated higher than the rest of those girls.

Sasha is NOT on Charlotte's level.

I love Sasha/Bayley, I don't give ANY damns about Charlotte/Becky.

But Sasha is NOT on Charlotte's level and it isn't close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom