January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
62C52197-AE3E-4845-BBEB-0F38BB9E2A0A.jpeg
Undertaker is the greatest B+ player in WWE history.

He is a notch below Cena.

Out of that group, Cena is 3rd

BFF DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican left mania on for Wilcox.

339F3C23-F765-4C3D-9FA0-0AF2C16B8A01.jpeg
This is 100% something I would say. "They need to learn.........." :lol:

Lance Storm gets IT

Lance Storm: "Something that I find so annoying, the 'You deserve it' and the fans that want everybody to get the top push and it's just not the way this business works. And it shouldn't be. You can't make every single person the top guy and there is no shame in being a well-utilised middle guy."
renderTimingPixel.png

Lance Storm was on Figure 4 Daily with Don Callis and discussed fans wanting everybody to be pushed.

"I think having your core top guys is so important and it's something that with WrestleMania just behind us I think when this drops that I find so annoying, if you will, the 'You deserve it' and the fans that seem to want everybody to get the top push and everybody to be protected and it's just not the way this business works. And it shouldn't be. You can't make every single person the top guy and there is no shame in being a well-utilised middle guy. And I had that with my big run in WCW when I got the three titles, it was like, 'Oh they should put the World Title on you' and it's like, yeah in that at moment it would have been a great story and everybody would've went 'Oh my god' but it's like... no. I wasn't going to be the top guy in WCW at that moment. They had Goldberg and Sting and so many other guys, Booker was really on fire at the time, and it would have been great in my universe but you've got a vision for a whole company and it's like, 'No, I am not the world champion in WCW 3 months after I got there'. And there would be fans, 'oh they should have...' and it's like, no they shouldn't have. And it's the Asuka not getting her... she was supposed to get a title match at Mania and they yanked it and... there's a bigger picture sometimes. And with something that I mentioned early on when we first started with IMPACT, you know who the top important guys are. And it doesn't make The Rascals as an example, less fun to watch than Kross and Cage. You know The Rascals aren't the top guys but they bring a lot of fun and energy, they've got their wacky style of promo segments and they can be a valuable part of the show without being the main event and I think fans need to accept that more. It's like your cast in a movie. There is only one lead."

Very much so. People have revisionist history about Attitude, but the one thing you can't dispute is how over people were no matter where you were on the crowd, and the only people that weren't over were people that legit didn't have much appeal. At one time or another, the crowd was invested in Al Snow, Godfather, Hardcore Holly, Bossman, Test, etc, and Test was probably the only one at a certain point that maaaaaybe could've had a main event stint. Not everybody needs a top spot just because, but there's a way to make a lot of people feel important and have crowd investment.

Did they call Vince to rename them :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: I wasn't expecting the CaZ XL name

WWE has been working on the introduction of a new WWE Network launch that will take place later this year.

The new platform, which WWE partnered with the Endeavor streaming company on, was referred to as a "re-launch" of the Network at one point during today's Q1 earnings call with WWE executives. WWE Co-President George Barrios noted that their team has been working on the new platform for over a year, and they are very excited for it to be released.

Barrios said the new platform will introduce new features that fans have been asking for, and they believe it will help with the growth of the Network. The new platform will develop over the next few years and they are excited about what it will grow into.

Barrios would not confirm which quarter the re-launch will happen in, but he did say it will take place in 2019.

WWE officials have been talking about introducing a tiered pricing version of the Network for a while now. It was noted earlier this year in the 2018 Q4 earnings call that they were "developing the next iteration" of the Network. There's no word yet on details of the new platform or possible tiered plans, but WWE issued a survey in 2018 that gauged interest on a potential premium tier of the Network, which would offer "more content, features, and perks" for $15 per month.

Very much so. People have revisionist history about Attitude, but the one thing you can't dispute is how over people were no matter where you were on the crowd, and the only people that weren't over were people that legit didn't have much appeal. At one time or another, the crowd was invested in Al Snow, Godfather, Hardcore Holly, Bossman, Test, etc, and Test was probably the only one at a certain point that maaaaaybe could've had a main event stint. Not everybody needs a top spot just because, but there's a way to make a lot of people feel important and have crowd investment.

:rofl: :rofl: I wasn't expecting the CaZ XL name

That's what makes me always say that NWA/early WCW is the GOAT promotion/era..It's because the mid-card was super stacked and they had tons of tag teams..Wrestling can't always be about the top 3-5 guys each and every week..And I think that's why people really love the AE so much..Of course you got Austin, Rock, Taker, and (to a lesser extent) Mankind, HHH, but you also had a really deep mid card and tag team division that carried the shows each week..

The current talent pool is just as deep if not deeper than its ever been. There are a million Championships. Sure not everyone needs to be the top guy/gal. The problem is that the booking is horrendous from the top of the card to the bottom

The current talent pool is just as deep if not deeper than its ever been. There are a million Championships. Sure not everyone needs to be the top guy/gal. The problem is that the booking is horrendous from the top of the card to the bottom
Minus whale bring byke Russo

Saudi executions: One of the 37 killed was a teenager off to study in the US

"One of the 37 people put to death by Saudi Arabia yesterday was a teenager who planned to study in the United States, another was just 16 when he was arrested.

The oil-rich state has seen a surge in executions this year with more than 100 people already killed, most in brutal beheadings.

On Tuesday the state news agency announced 37 people had been killed for charges relating to terrorism.

One man had even been crucified, it has been reported.

Authorities publicly pinned the executed body and severed head of a convicted Sunni extremist to a pole as a warning to others, CNBC reports."

@WWE

Deeper than it's ever been in-ring wise, but character/charisma wise, they're a far cry from previous eras. I can't even 100% put that on a lot of the wrestlers themselves though, cause there's a good amount of them that show all types of personality when either doing non-WWE stuff, promos on their own, or the WWE . com stuff that clearly SHOULD be on TV. The creative team really needs to have a clean sweep, cause they're damaging their own wrestlers.

I can understand Harper not being happy. If you're not going to use him or even let him work NXT/NXT UK or something then let him seek employment elsewhere instead of holding him hostage.

D deleted if you actually sent that article to Vince:

Saudi executions: One of the 37 killed was a teenager off to study in the US
The oil-rich state has seen a surge in executions this year with more than 100 people already killed, most in brutal beheadings.

On Tuesday the state news agency announced 37 people had been killed for charges relating to terrorism.

One man had even been crucified, it has been reported.

Authorities publicly pinned the executed body and severed head of a convicted Sunni extremist to a pole as a warning to others, CNBC reports."

@WWE

Say no more fam

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom