January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

Let me know what you think

Pen and paper
Good match, I like the viciousness in TNT's sidewalk slam and back suplex (one of Benoit's staples). Idk why the ref didn't DQ Dynamite when one of the cornermen attacked TG during the figure 4 #cultural or was there a kayfabe story I'm missing? Btw who was TG in this match?

Some words for the good men in this thread

GEORGE CARLIN

Isn't it amazing that George Carlin - comedian of the 70's and 80's - could write something so very eloquent...and so very appropriate.

A Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. An embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

If you don't send this to other people....Who will know?

George Carlin

NXT was a fun watch this week.

- Matt Riddle is good man. I can def see Vince turning him into a straight up surfer when he gets called up tho lol

- I didn't know much about that Punishment dude before this since I don't really mess with ROH, but he's already a better Baron Corbin than Baron Corbin is(in-ring.)

- Io Shirai knew #TeamThighMeat was watching :smokin @the 718 truth @T0INE

- That Carrillo dude is smooth as hell in the ring.

- Not really feeling the Forgotten Sons yet.

- Heavy Machinery are really good talkers.

- The Black/Ciampa/Gargano segment was great. Ciampa stirring the pot then catching a Black Mass anyway had me thoroughly sports entertained.

and a few things about NXT UK..

- Isla Dawn is kinda cute, but her voice really throws me off

- Eddie Dennis gotta be the least intimidating 'big' wrestler I've ever seen. He just looks like a really tall Starbucks barista.

- Jordan Devlin is literally a way less zesty, angrier version of Finn Balor.

TLDR: Austin Aries got his girl taken by a dude that said "comparization".
Great recap Bubba.

Not really hate. His current character is one of the very few things I like about Raw.

Just can't really get into his matches
Feel like his ringwork has been really solid for a bigger dude. He's definitely a better worker than some other dudes you like :nerd:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Eddie Dennis looks like a throwaway character from degrassi all grown up. How am I supposed to believe a dude with two first names is supposed to be a force to be reckoned with?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Eddie Dennis looks like a throwaway character from degrassi all grown up. How am I supposed to believe a dude with two first names is supposed to be a force to be reckoned with?

For real :lol:

It doesn't fit him AT ALL.

Feel like his ringwork has been really solid for a bigger dude. He's definitely a better worker than some other dudes you like :nerd:

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom