Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

How did the oil refinery catch fire? That's crazy to think about the total amount of damage this quake has caused.

How did the oil refinery catch fire? That's crazy to think about the total amount of damage this quake has caused.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

How do tsunamis work?
Does it build up in power as it travels? Or does it die down after extended miles of travel.

depends on the terrain under the water as well the magnitude of the tsunami. they are saying the tsunamis aren't as bad as they could be because the epicenter of the quake happened in somewhat shallow water (around 20 meters deep). If it were in deeper water, a larger area and volume of water would be disturbed and increase the intensity of the shock-wave or ripple effect in the water. when the earthquake happens, the water is literally getting the floor swept from underneath itself. said in this earthquake the plates are actually going under each other in different parts. 

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

How do tsunamis work?
Does it build up in power as it travels? Or does it die down after extended miles of travel.

depends on the terrain under the water as well the magnitude of the tsunami. they are saying the tsunamis aren't as bad as they could be because the epicenter of the quake happened in somewhat shallow water (around 20 meters deep). If it were in deeper water, a larger area and volume of water would be disturbed and increase the intensity of the shock-wave or ripple effect in the water. when the earthquake happens, the water is literally getting the floor swept from underneath itself. said in this earthquake the plates are actually going under each other in different parts. 

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

7k deaths.. Rest in Peace
do you have some sort of verification for this?
If he got this info from me, I dont want to start spreading false rumors.  My boy in Japan told me whatever station he is watching out in Japan right now said that.  No verification at all, just what he heard....and me relaying it.  He is near Mt. Fuji so hes all good.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

7k deaths.. Rest in Peace
do you have some sort of verification for this?
If he got this info from me, I dont want to start spreading false rumors.  My boy in Japan told me whatever station he is watching out in Japan right now said that.  No verification at all, just what he heard....and me relaying it.  He is near Mt. Fuji so hes all good.

Man, Earthquakes scare the hell out of me. I live in an apartment on the top floor it's scary to think what happens if an earthquake hits.. The water is moving through everything like nothing
30t6p3b.gif
I can't imagine what it was like for those wiped away in the tsunami. RIP to those who have suffered in this disaster

Man, Earthquakes scare the hell out of me. I live in an apartment on the top floor it's scary to think what happens if an earthquake hits.. The water is moving through everything like nothing
30t6p3b.gif
I can't imagine what it was like for those wiped away in the tsunami. RIP to those who have suffered in this disaster

You know what? The more I think about it. He had to have heard wrong. I know the news reported in Japan right now has to be ahead of our U.S. news reports, but I dont think we could be that far off with our reports. He HAD to have heard wrong right?

You know what? The more I think about it. He had to have heard wrong. I know the news reported in Japan right now has to be ahead of our U.S. news reports, but I dont think we could be that far off with our reports. He HAD to have heard wrong right?

Back
Top Bottom