Jay Electronica Appreciation

Everyone quick to jump and defend him but are any of these songs better than exhibit C? I don’t think so

some of his lines are OD corny on this

my love like Kermit the frog to permeate the fog?

never heard of Mach Hommy

0B86CD5B-B3C9-4B06-9E7D-2EE1DB7DF04F.jpeg

Finally listened to it....and I like it....I like it a lot :nerd: more than I expected to. Not ready to say it lived up to the hype but I love the growth of JE on this. You get a glimpse of where his mindset and philosophies have gone over these past 9-10 years of mostly radio silence. Jay is feeding his 5%’er ego, part guilt trip for his recent misgivings as it pertains to big deals in white america’s realm of operation or more of a message to say that he’s well aware of his “sins”? “DuPont and Carnagie’s” aside I like where Jay is mentally on the album too. My only gripe is that the chemistry between the two on tracks is off. I doubt hardly any of the songs were recorded with them in the same studio together. But with that being said the album is still a work of art. This album would def benefit from being on a psychedelic and unpacking even deeper. Crazy gems being dropped that speak to the Black conscious thought. This album will age very well...

Jay still sharp as ever at 50+
Listen, I named my son, Sir, so you gotta call my son, "Sir"
That boy already knighted, he ain't even out his romper

You speakin' on the kingdom, you better watch your tongue, sir
I send you where you never been, you forget where I'm from, sir?
That gossip I send bald heads, Lou Gossett out the gun, sir

Man that APIDTA is something else. I mess with Fruits of The Spirit, The Blinding, and this Shiny Suit Theory re-do. Like the album a bunch after more listens, but still think the production should've been better. It fits though. I guess if I can give a pass to awful rappers that use amazing productive, I can let outstanding lyrics/content combined with alright production slide.

Last edited:
It’s fine.

It’s just...fine.

Jay Elect really does have raps that are actually not good, at times. Some of the bars are not good.

It’s fine though.

My only gripe is that the chemistry between the two on tracks is off. I doubt hardly any of the songs were recorded with them in the same studio together.

their lyrics still play off each other well but their chemistry definitely not as in sync as it could be

Jay-Z is really rapping.

Jay Elec is really not.

Album is solid, def not worth the wait.
5% stuff is some nonesense.

Jay really putting his corporate ties at risk being on an album with Farrakhan, and those weird Jewish lines on 4:44.

Back
Top Bottom