Jay plans to drop an acappella version for "American Gangster"

Originally Posted by LettersandNumbers

A cool idea would be for individual NT producers to handle each track, if we have enough people.

did you get on the blueprint NT remix album, I don't remember?...but same concept though, it would be cool to do it again.

I think he should've done a KC acapella album too, people would appreciate the lyrics on there more

Damn... Naw, I didn't. That was probably back before I was doin' this heavy...
laugh.gif

How long ago was that? Maybe I just somehow overlooked it.

The one Jay-Z remix album that sticks out to me the most is when Nauf and skr3 did their thing.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

AG is fine the way it is, altho props to anyone who can make Hello Brooklyn listenable
laugh.gif
yes please

beat em to it... its only right...i mean he was talkin bout 110th street in CLEVELAND!!! i aint know he was from cleveland til u posted it in the otherthread...

the second i heard the sample i knew it was a wrap... dunno if jay's goin over it but the beat is crack... i wrote a joint to it... i just need to getin the lab...
http://www.soundclick.com/timefrom216
"110th Street"

Someone needs to cut up that Across 110th street from the soundtrack and turn it into a beat with Jay on it.

i dont suggest this at all.
this sample has been abused and reused too many times.

^no offense but i thought everyone and they momma heard that joint before.

Damn... Naw, I didn't. That was probably back before I was doin' this heavy...
laugh.gif

How long ago was that? Maybe I just somehow overlooked it.

The one Jay-Z remix album that sticks out to me the most is when Nauf and skr3 did their thing.

you can download it here

Jay-Z - The Blueprint: NT Edition

Song Cry and Renegade are the only tracks missing...I don't remember what happened with that

picture1pz6.png

I'm thinking that Travis Barker, Linking Park Gym Class Heroe's and all those other cross over bands need to get on this one. I think it would be hellasick

I wish he would do an unplugged version of AG. His last unplugged album was great.

I'd def be down if a few of us wants to collab on certain tracks.

If not, I'll probably remix the whole damn album on my own once I'm done with this Nas joint in a week or 2.

Hello Brooklyn will def be skipped.
laugh.gif

^ My stuff is so poorly mixed on that joint, I plan on doing them over and fixing them up if you ever want to update "your" copy.

'its hard to remix jay cuz he raps off beat'

Its easy..all you gotta do is line up your snare on your song w/ the original song.

theres no way someone can OUT-DO the original roc boys beat. let the poor attempts begin.

^I think I did. Well, I didn't "OUT-DO" but...put it like this my version of "Roc Boys" = 9th Wonder's version to "Made YouLook". Maybe not better but still damn good. BTW, How's everyone doin so far? I have about 8 new beats for my rendition of the album. I think I haveNo Hook, Roc Boys, I Know, Party Life, Say Hello, Success and American Dream.

He did something similar to Unplugged on VH1.

I have a few concepts if anyone is interested for tracks they can make, nice ideas, you just have to play them/implement them.

time I hate to burst your bubble but he was talking about harlem my dude 110th street is where the upper west and upper east become Harlem. My uncle was a bigbobby fan.

A lot of heads on here are gonna work on their own version...but I'm workin' with a few NT producers to put our best stuff together in one mix.

Back
Top Bottom