Jay-Z & Budweiser Present: Made In America Music Festival in Philadelphia, PA Sept 1-2

Jay-Z may have one of the most successful and lucrative careers in hip-hop, a talented and renowned wife, a much cooed-over baby girl and part ownership in the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets basketball franchise. But does he have his own two-day music festival? Well, he’ll soon have that, too.

On Monday, it is expected to be announced that Jay-Z will be the curator of and headlining performer at the first Budweiser Made in America music festival, a two-day event that will bring as many as 28 musical acts to Fairmount Park in Philadelphia on Sept. 1 and Sept. 2. (Sorry, Brooklyn, but hasn’t Jay-Z done enough for you already?) The festival, which will be produced by Live Nation, is to be formally unveiled at a Monday morning news conference with Jay-Z and Mayor Michael A. Nutter of Philadelphia and will assemble an eclectic lineup of “rock, hip-hop, R&B, Latin and dance

<>
pimp.gif

Very curious who this will be showcasing. Roc Nation signers? Riri, Meek Millz, Willow Smith, etc

Just watched the press conference and they didn't even announce the lineup
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Very curious who this will be showcasing. Roc Nation signers? Riri, Meek Millz, Willow Smith, etc

Its only right for meek to be there

well its 28 acts and $99 for tickets. But my question is, will the acts be held at different venues, or would they close down the parkway for it. Regardless, the city is going to be flooded with tourists and make it harder to move around. Ehh, thats ok tho.

Remember he is going to be opening up the Barclays center in that same month, presumably before Barbra Streisand hits the stage there,  so don't expect him to do anything THAT special.  The Barclays is where you want to be, not this. 

?uestlove tweeted this so I assume The Roots will be performing as well, tickets are gonna be $99, I've never been to Philly and this might be a good reason to go.

Back
Top Bottom