Jay-Z Feat. Santogold - Brooklyn (Go Hard) (Production By Kanye West)

pimp.gif

Branch Rickey was the former President of the Brooklyn Dodgers who was instrumental in signing Jackie Robinson.

Ah you beat me to it abeautifulhaze.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

abeautifulhaze wrote:

purplehazze96 wrote:

I'm only 20 seconds in but my God this beat is
eek.gif

mattmatics wrote:

his flow sucks on this track.

what i would give for that RD flow, he hasn't spit like that this decade

Its called progression.

Production hasn't sounded like RD production this decade either.

Dudes are mad unrealistic sometimes.

Word! How and why would you even expect the same flow when production has evolved?! If anything you should also expect ones flow to evolve too.

laugh.gif
at you guys speaking all matter of fact. Progression? naw, generally when something looses value or substance we call it regression. The evolution ofproduction has nothing to do with it. Scarface has kept his flow in tact since he first switched it up 17 years ago. Jay's flow on RD>* and if it aintbroke don't fix it, that's just my opinion. I didn't bash Jay or anything, i just mentioned something that's on my hypothetical hip hopchirstmas list. Excuse me for speaking badly about "his holiness," i should of known better.

*cues Seinfeld .gif*

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

abeautifulhaze wrote:

purplehazze96 wrote:

eek.gif

mattmatics wrote:

Its called progression.

Word! How and why would you even expect the same flow when production has evolved?! If anything you should also expect ones flow to evolve too.

laugh.gif
at you guys speaking all matter of fact. Progression? naw, generally when something looses value or substance we call it regression. The evolution of production has nothing to do with it. Scarface has kept his flow in tact since he first switched it up 17 years ago. Jay's flow on RD>* and if it aint broke don't fix it, that's just my opinion. I didn't bash Jay or anything, i just mentioned something that's on my hypothetical hip hop chirstmas list. Excuse me for speaking badly about "his holiness," i should of known better.

*cues Seinfeld .gif*
Nah man I cant co-sign that. Jays music/flow has not lost value or substance in fact he has made some of his best music in the latter part of hiscareer. Flows are meant to evolve and great artists evolve and continue to make great music. The continuation of making great music is the true measuringstick of progress when it comes to music. Jay has continued to make great music while his flow has evolved and that's exactly what makes him a greatartist.

His holiness....
tired.gif

Y'all need to cut that corniness out. Dude gets his fair share of criticism and just because someone is defending a verse or a flow, doesn't mean theythink he's the second coming of Jesus.

I rarely ever here people calling for Nas to have an Illmatic flow in 2008 or for Ice Cube to rhyme like Amerikkkas Most Wanted....people take their new musicfor what it is and judge it at face value. It seems like with Jay-Z there is always a "*". Some one always wants to hear something else fromhim...Its 2008.....Hip-Hop only grows through exerimentation and variation. If someone sounds the exact same musically for 11 years....they ain't worthlistening to.

purplehazze96 wrote:

FlatbushFiyah23 wrote:

abeautifulhaze wrote:

purplehazze96 wrote:

eek.gif

mattmatics wrote:

Its called progression.

Word! How and why would you even expect the same flow when production has evolved?! If anything you should also expect ones flow to evolve
too.

laugh.gif
at you guys speaking all matter of fact. Progression? naw, generally when something
looses value or substance we call it regression. The evolution of production has nothing to do with it. Scarface has kept his flow in tact since he first
switched it up 17 years ago. Jay's flow on RD>* and if it aint broke don't fix it, that's just my opinion. I didn't bash Jay or anything,
i just mentioned something that's on my hypothetical hip hop chirstmas list. Excuse me for speaking badly about "his holiness," i should of
known better.

*cues Seinfeld .gif*

Nah man I cant co-sign that. Jays music/flow has not lost value or substance in fact he has made some of his best music in the latter part of his
career. Flows are meant to evolve and great artists evolve and continue to make great music. The continuation of making great music is the true measuring
stick of progress when it comes to music. Jay has continued to make great music while his flow has evolved and that's exactly what makes him a great
artist.

We're not talking about his ability to continually make great music. We agree on that. Just because his flow has evolved doesn't mean it's servedhis music for the better. Once again, imo his flow earlier in his career was
eek.gif
, lately not so much. Many times it's hurt his albums and tracks imo.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

His holiness....
tired.gif

Y'all need to cut that corniness out. Dude gets his fair share of criticism and just because someone is defending a verse or a flow, doesn't mean they
think he's the second coming of Jesus.

I rarely ever here people calling for Nas to have an Illmatic flow in 2008
or for Ice Cube to rhyme like Amerikkkas Most Wanted....people take their new music
for what it is and judge it at face value. It seems like with Jay-Z there is always a "*". Some one always wants to hear something else from
him...Its 2008.....Hip-Hop only grows through exerimentation and variation. If someone sounds the exact same musically for 11 years....they ain't worth
listening to.

laugh.gif
Jay gets critiqued no more than any artist of his caliber, please don't try to turn him into a victim of unfair criticism. I value Jay's newmusic, Ive loved a good amount of his work over the past years, does that mean i can't prefer his flow on RD? i don't get why yall are hounding, If youprefer his new flow that's what's up, do you. My opinion on the matter really isn't that outlandish.

^How has his flow "not served him for the better"?

you need to remember that these aren't facts, there my personal opinions. With that said, with a lot of his new $%*+, lyrics check, beat check, micpresence check, flow, ehh leaves a lot to be desired. He never comes with weak subject material or **!+#@ beats, his only reoccurring flaw to me has been hisflow at times.

YE MURDA THIS BEAT. AND THE HOOK AND SAMPLE ARE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
BUT I WASN'T FEELING THAT 1ST VERSE FROM HOVA! but the song str8 heat if thealbum is like this i will cop

i just listen to the song a couple more times over but the beat and the hook are the two things stuck ing my head not any lines from the flow. i dont think theman is losing quality or substance but his appeal is whats dying off. jay kinda been rapping about the same stuff for a couple of years now ( so haave manyother rappers) but so much more is expected because his fans put him up on such a high rank!

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Wow.... is this going to be on BPIII?

Kanyeezy did it again!
eek.gif

No.

It'll probably be the first single off the "Notorious" soundtrack.
It hits stores in Jan.

this track is garbage. santogold's OG track was better. not really a "featuring" track... 'ye just sampled her track for the hook/beat.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

^How has his flow "not served him for the better"?

you need to remember that these aren't facts, there my personal opinions. With that said, with a lot of his new $%*+, lyrics check, beat check, mic presence check, flow, ehh leaves a lot to be desired. He never comes with weak subject material or **!+#@ beats, his only reoccurring flaw to me has been his flow at times.
Oh I hear you...wasnt trying to come at you...just wanted to see the basis for your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom