Jay-Z For Dummies Vol.5 years later and ya'll still aint listening Right

This thread 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I don't get what him winning the MVP in 91 has to do with 9-11 I only subtract the roof

the way I took that line was he said 9-11 like it was a math problem 9 minus 11, yeah he is talking about his car but it also can be written out as 9-11. So he plays around and says he only subtracts the roof.................... clever
sick.gif

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I don't get what him winning the MVP in 91 has to do with 9-11 I only subtract the roof

the way I took that line was he said 9-11 like it was a math problem 9 minus 11, yeah he is talking about his car but it also can be written out as 9-11. So he plays around and says he only subtracts the roof.................... clever
sick.gif

Thats a reach my dude. But even still, Jay is the GOAT. 
"Still wearing my 23's they cant !+*# with the boy. As far of them 16's im 23 of it ALL." 

<> 

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

lol not sure what you trying to get at with that extra Brittney Spears stuff... step children??

he was referencing how Brittney couldnt get further into rehab...like a 12 step program and how she was still effed up

"which means it aint stepped on, dig me?!"
I don't get why he posted that kevin federline crap either

but
i think this one is a double

hes refering to the heroin having less "steps" than brittney spears does as a dancer on stage.
his heroin is pure, or at least the best on the streets.

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

lol not sure what you trying to get at with that extra Brittney Spears stuff... step children??

he was referencing how Brittney couldnt get further into rehab...like a 12 step program and how she was still effed up

"which means it aint stepped on, dig me?!"
I don't get why he posted that kevin federline crap either

but
i think this one is a double

hes refering to the heroin having less "steps" than brittney spears does as a dancer on stage.
his heroin is pure, or at least the best on the streets.

Of course the obvious metaphor is in relation to Spears being a dancer/ herion purity...

But I guess I reached with the fact that Federline had kids before he married Brittany Spears, which would make them stepchildren... or 'steps'

I never really thought the rehab thing was an issue, so I guess it was a reach just like the one I posted...

Anyways...

This just came on pandora so Ill play

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

"The Fifth Will Dead lift"

16_body_bag.jpg
deadlift-franco.jpg

"If %%%%@% Dont Want To Get Shot Then Yall %%%%@% Better Squat"

fleeing.jpg
Squat.png

"I Drop Your Set For Rep"

Drop Sets

Drop sets are when you drop the weight in your next set in order to do higher reps

And the obvious

piru-colors.jpg

Not a double entendre but I'll leave this here because I never knew what this line/metaphor fully meant for the longest time. From Renegade:

"Do not step to me—I’m awkward, I box lefty"

Jay (who's left-handed) from Decoded: "Southpaw boxers are dangerous because they seem awkward to people used to boxing righthanders. It’s a great metaphor for the way those of us from the hood were able to take on the world. We came at *%!* from a different angle, snuck up on people, surprised them. We turned the thing that made us outcasts into our advantage."

Just makes me appreciate his verses in that song more.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Someone Explain this line though "Lost 92 bricks had to fall back"

There's no clever word play there. Just a story from his life apparently. Can't recall if it was that ron or crack but Jay tells a real story about losing 92 bricks but having to use his credibility and hustle for several nights straight to make up for the loss. His dude Ty-ty says he shouldn't have rapped that line, about discretion with the game and all, but its one of his realest i think
pimp.gif

Here's pusha speaking on it with Vibe, for what thats worth

VIBE: On “Never Change,

1:27

I guess I'm more like / A b***h with a belly but her !%$ is right / (laughs) Y'all don't understand me still / I never enjoy my success but my family will

when this video dropped the MTV crowd said Beyonce was fat and out of shape 
indifferent.gif

they would say "you aint ready for my [belly]"

this dropped in 2001

so did blueprint,

we all know this "unreleased" track leaked a few months later

beyonce-and-jay-z-pregnant.jpg

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
or
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

HOV one of the BEST to ever do it... forget the lyrics the man hustle speaks volumes from the street to the cover of forbes, Business Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

Originally Posted by hotboy

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Follow the baseball / Hustler theme...

I father, I Brooklyn Dodger them
I Jack, I Rob, I sin
Awww man, I'm Jackie Robinson
Except when I run base, I dodge the pen

-Jackie Robinson (Baseball) / Jack-Rob-Sin (Hustler)
-When he moves drugs, he dodges prison
-Baseball terms - Running base (1st to 2nd, etc), pen = pennante, bull pen, penthouse...
-When he puts down lyrics, he dodges the pen... (We all know Jay doesn't write anything down)

Triple entendre...
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Thinking back when we first learned to use rubbers
He never learned so in turn I'm kidnapping his baby's mother
My hand around her collar, feeding her cheese
She said the taste of dollars was @+%#$@ so I fed her fifties
About his whereabouts I wasn't convinced
So I kept feeding her money 'til her #*%# started to make sense

disgusting

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

You guys honestly are reading into dude lyrics, he is not that deep

hate on swole....
What/who am I hating on?

Dude kinda sorta wrote a best selling book showing he does put deeper meanings in his lyrics. 

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Someone Explain this line though "Lost 92 bricks had to fall back"

There's no clever word play there. Just a story from his life apparently. Can't recall if it was that ron or crack but Jay tells a real story about losing 92 bricks but having to use his credibility and hustle for several nights straight to make up for the loss. His dude Ty-ty says he shouldn't have rapped that line, about discretion with the game and all, but its one of his realest i think
pimp.gif

Here's pusha speaking on it with Vibe, for what thats worth

VIBE: On “Never Change,â€

Look but don't touch, muthaf**** think twice
Cuz this gat that I clutch gotta little red light
Need a light?

Look but don't touch, muthaf**** think twice
Sean-paul-Beyonce-.jpg

Cuz this gat that I clutch gotta little red light
red_laser.jpg

Need a light?
f96774cova5.jpg