Jay-Z, Gay Marriage: Obama's New Stance Is 'The Right Thing To Do' (VIDEO)

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I wonder what Ja Rule thinks about this.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

Stopped reading after that.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I'm tired of people trying to say they're equal.

But hes right. 

I'm sure he knows that the struggles leading up to the civil rights action taken in both situations are very different.  But in the end they are 2 groups that were/are denied civil liberties and are working to become equal on a human level.
no hes not right. being discriminated because your black is a racial issue. gay people are not a race they are a group who chooses how to live their life. black people did not choose to be black and asian people do not choose to be asian and mexicans do not choose to be mexican. its a totally different thing. 

Originally Posted by odog24

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

But hes right. 

I'm sure he knows that the struggles leading up to the civil rights action taken in both situations are very different.  But in the end they are 2 groups that were/are denied civil liberties and are working to become equal on a human level.
no hes not right. being discriminated because your black is a racial issue. gay people are not a race they are a group who chooses how to live their life. black people did not choose to be black and asian people do not choose to be asian and mexicans do not choose to be mexican. its a totally different thing. 

I agreed with you until this. Who chooses to be gay? Why would one choose to be gay?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

But hes right. 

I wont even get into pasting a whole bunch of links but you can go look up plenty of articles based on scientific studies that show differences in the brain structure and chemical balance in Gay and Heterosexual men.  Yes they choose how to live their lives, as we all do.  But they didn't choose to be gay. (despite what some hoodrats in da heightz have told ninjahood.)

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

But hes right. 

Even if people chose to be gay (they don't), it wouldn't matter. Because that would mean that people choose to be straight and they're allowed the right. Therefore, consenting adults who choose to be gay should also be allowed the right.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

But hes right. 

Show me me any point and time in history where homosexuals had their "civil liberty" of not getting lynched on a widespread scale violated. I'll wait.
Size 6 font, bolded and highlighted in hot pink so you wouldn't miss it again.

Theres no point in arguing about the differences between each groups oppression... There really isn't.  They're trying to obtain rights they've been denied, its pretty simple.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

But hes right. 

Show me me any point and time in history where homosexuals had their "civil liberty" of not getting lynched on a widespread scale violated. I'll wait.

He didn't say the plight black people haveexperienced due to racism is equal to that of LGBT people in this country....Iagree with you guys saying they're not "equal" and even would saythat if one is gay they could possibly hide it while your skin color/race youcan't hide. BUT, nobody should have to live in hiding and be scared of simplybein who they are for fear of being publicly ridiculed or worse attacked....Iknow you've heard of/seen stories of gay or transgender people beingattacked or even tormented till they figure killing themselves is the onlyoption (see the dude at Rutgers a couple yrs back). The bottom line is how isallowing gay marriage going to bother your life in any way shape or form? Likethey're not threatening the sanctity of marriage or any other nonsense, usstraight people have ruined that a long time ago....hell the declaration ofindependence states "We hold these truthsto be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed bytheir Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness", it doesn't say except for gays, orexcept minorities....the comparison is that the gay community doesn't have thesame rights as everybody else and it's not right...just as black people(voting) , women (still don't get equivalent pay), even the Irish (immigrantsand being told not to apply for certain jobs) back in the day didn't have thesame opportunities as others and none of it is right...all they're saying isgive them the same rights as we all have, I don't see why anyone would takeissue with that. 

Back
Top Bottom