JB Quality?????

It's getting better, but still inconsistent. There seems to be less paint chipping/cracking but the leather on certain shoes are still plastic feeling instead of leather.

Agreed ijapano, overall it is better than it was a few years ago but some pairs are better than others.

I'd pay more and wade through the bs lines and deal with the butthurt of missing out IF, these were made with better materials.

They are inconsistent.

Chicago Xs were good.

White/Red 14s were not so much.

Overall, not terrible.

If they could make some models with the same leather used on the jewel af1 that drop this weekend I'd be a lil happier

Inconsistent and slowly declining.The quality of retros have dramatically declined from the OG quality.Sure they made some changes in the overall materials like soles and midsoles to make them tougher,but you can't just ignore the aesthetic part of the shoe.Since most of the people that buy retros now are buying them to be used casually and not to play ball in them.

Not to mention the blunders and irritating quality issues that are rather obvious from the naked eye.Then paying big bucks ever them.

The point is,they should somehow balance their commitment to the consumers,as well to the quality of their products.

Sure hype is the backbone of their company now,but they should still keep their quality competitive since their price aren't.

many nter's don't understand what quality means. often you'll see just a slightly different colour selection is deemed poor quality.

Originally Posted by ijapino

It's getting better, but still inconsistent. There seems to be less paint chipping/cracking but the leather on certain shoes are still plastic feeling instead of leather.

this is correct.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

They are inconsistent.

Chicago Xs were good.

White/Red 14s were not so much.

Overall, not terrible.
Chicago Xs were plasitc. XII playoff were probably the cheapest made $170 shoe I ever had the displeasure of touching. Cardboard leather!
Cavs iv were very good, best I've seen in a while. oly vi were average

Originally Posted by premiumjax

I agree with you guys. I think the worst pair are the Bred 11s from the CDP. They were still and uncomfortable and the patent leather felt like plastic. I do think the quality is getting better though.

cdps XIs were trash. When I got them I thought they were fake

The quality on the AJKOs were pretty damn nice. Probably the best one so far this year for me. Chicago Xs weren't that bad either.

It's hit or miss. I honestly think some of the quality issues are out of JB's control as far as materials but quality inspection needs some serious work.

i had a couple flaws on my playoff 12s and not any small ones. white paint marks on the upper and classic sloppy glue

truly the only shoes i was soooo happy to get because of the quality since 2001 were all of my KOs, even the 2010s were sweet, the worst part is that JB has great products but is skimping on the retros. Any new numbered J is on point but retros are garbage its like JB forgot who initially made him and his brand what they are today and is catering only to the new generation.

I retract what I said about the olympic VIs being average quality wise. They suck. The first time I tried them on and felt them was in isolation. When I tried on the VIs, uptempos and shox bb4 together, the quality gap between jordan and nike products was astounding. The shox were by far the best of the lot, even though they could be better. The uptempos were a distant second, the "leather", or should I say plastic, was very hard, and unpliable. Certainly not ideal for playing. The VIs were an even further third. They take cheap plastic leather to a whole new level. Of course I didn't buy them, not that it matters, everybody else did so jb will continue with this BS quality until consumers start to wise up and not hand Jordan their hard earned cash for cheap plastic basketball shoes that are NOT SUITED FOR BASKETBALL.

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

I retract what I said about the olympic VIs being average quality wise. They suck. The first time I tried them on and felt them was in isolation. When I tried on the VIs, uptempos and shox bb4 together, the quality gap between jordan and nike products was astounding. The shox were by far the best of the lot, even though they could be better. The uptempos were a distant second, the "leather", or should I say plastic, was very hard, and unpliable. Certainly not ideal for playing. The VIs were an even further third. They take cheap plastic leather to a whole new level. Of course I didn't buy them, not that it matters, everybody else did so jb will continue with this BS quality until consumers start to wise up and not hand Jordan their hard earned cash for cheap plastic basketball shoes that are NOT SUITED FOR BASKETBALL.
Wow, well said.  I, on the other hand don't ball, I just rock 'em.  But every year it seems like JB quality control goes downhill. 

Originally Posted by premiumjax

I agree with you guys. I think the worst pair are the Bred 11s from the CDP. They were still and uncomfortable and the patent leather felt like plastic. I do think the quality is getting better though.

cdps XIs were trash. When I got them I thought they were fake
I agree but what i don't understand is why they sell for so much on buy and sell forums and ebay

i didnt get the bb4 from the pack but how to they compare from the OG version. I still have the Black and red BB4

Retro Carmine VI wayyyy better quality than the 2012 Olympic VI If Jordan Brand can only be consistent, the hobby would be more enjoyable..

Back
Top Bottom