JD Sports and its murder of the classics...

Is it just me who see's this?

As a sneaker-head living in the UK I know just how good we have it compared to the US, specifically when it comes to our retros, however it seems the largestsports-wear store in the country is slowly destroying a classic at a time. JD sports owns Size? a boutique-styled sneaker store which is brought to appeal tothe niche market of 'real' sneaker heads. However about 4 years ago I remember the 95 suddenly becoming stupidly popular. So popular the markets in mycity where pumping out more fakes than Nike where real 95's. It was crazy. JD helped start and sustain this trend and slowly it murdered the shoe. Startingwith the release of the neons it moved onto producing 95's in almost EVERY colour way possible, meaning the shoe in the UK drew a demise so much so it wasthe 'most found' foot-print on all crime-scenes in the UK. JD and there consistant raping of the shoe (crazy black on navy on gold colourways) murderedthe 95.

It seems to be happening again. The only Airmax to become as widley popular as the 95 retro's is the Light.

Since its initial re-release there has been countless amounts of pairs on and off the shelves of JD. It seems we could have the same problem again. Onceexhausted of the 'classic' colour ways will we see Nike turning to gold and black nasty shoes?

Only time will tell...

I am not any knowledgeable about JD Sports releases, but some of the JD Sports exclusive Nike sneakers look amazing (ie. the new Trainer Is
pimp.gif
).

I feel u on the fake 95's out there....it's in the US too. I only buy 95's off eBay if the seller has a receipt from FTL, Finishline, Champs etc.That's how bad it is. U just gotta expect that wit a popular shoe. Look at the J XI. It's not just JD Sports. Are the 95's from JD made by Nike? Orare they just puttin out fakes? Those BW Exclusives on JD where fresh.

so u want nike to make less air maxs?????? So only a few cats can have them and feel "special"??
If you really feel that then maybe you shouldnt buy them then.

MY fav sneak of all time is the AJ V and is highly fugaizzed by bootleggers. Will that stop me from buying and saying that they murdered the V??? Nah im alwaysgonna rock them to def no matter how many pairs of fugaizy's i see.

Nah i know where your coming from walshy. Some of the colorways that JD have pumped out have been a disgrace to the 95 both influencing and being influenced bythe crap that fake makers put up. And every chav in Britain has and still probably does own a black leather 95 thanks to this.

Am loving the pure retro inspired stuff we are getting this year though

reminds me of nike themselves.. they start with the basics and og simple clean colorways. but soon thats not enough, they will go 20-30 releases deep for thenext 9 years before another og c/w comes out... its all about balance, and nike nor jdsports seems to know how to control that

Would be nice if JD/Size could use their influence to get some of the SC colorways remade...

Obsidian/Lightnings anyone?

Problem is wally they will keep dropping
sick.gif
non og cw's because dudes in the hood eat up certain models such as 90's, 95's, and 97's...itwon't stop...its not about satisfying "real" shoeheads, its about making bank which they obviously are

Originally Posted by swingshot

Would be nice if JD/Size could use their influence to get some of the SC colorways remade...

Obsidian/Lightnings anyone?

ugh, don't mention it... so necessary. that is nike'smentality. after seeing really great success with an og colour, the wave of crap commences. trueshame, as we only see a handful of quality releases every year now.

I think most of the blame has to be directed on the consumer, I mean if no one bought the shoes that should send a statement to NIKE or JD or any companysaying the consumer doesn't want all these crazy colors and just wants some nice clean colorways. But I do feel your frustration when so many wackcolorways come out and there are so few clean colorways.

Im also from the U.K but think JD do a good job on most of there trainers yes they do have some mad colorways but thats what nakes them unique

It's been "game over" for a bit.

A good release is far-and-few betwween these days, but alot of us are saving hella money.

I agree that a lot of the JD exclusive 95's are horrible (materials and colourways).
But, i think they've made some really nice AM lights.

Also from the UK... If JD release some bad CW's then just don't buy them. I'm grateful to them for all the dope AM's they've been releasingover the last few years. I say keep up the good work. Most of the lights that have dropped recently have been
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom