JDM OEM Mitsubishi Parts..............VOL. I wanna start a business

ok so ive been into cars a while now, finally got my hands on a lancer evolution 3. was going for a 7 but (i know i know) the 3 to me is the best evo evermade. anyways.

as everyone says, for a job, do something that you love. well i love cars and i live in trinidad. one of the islands in the caribbean. we have quite afollowing for cars here, more japanese stuff tho. i wanted to open up a business selling mitsubishi replacement parts. since most our cars are used cars fromjapan, the parts business is very profitable in trinidad, mitsubishi isnt as supported as much as the rest tho, but i wanna change this.

i will also offer performance parts from companys such as HKS, TiAL, Greddy etc but i wanna start off offering to the regular joe who just needs to get hislancer running again lol.

so i know NT got people from all around the world, im lookin for a supplier of mitsubishi oem parts for more of the japanese models, i know a few stuff fromamerican models can work if the part number is the same also. if not a supplier, someone that can sell to me at good prices.

what yal got?

Originally Posted by RetroAirs23

i live in trinidad.
I was born in St. Vincent but I heard you guys have the best KFC in the Caribbean. After eating it I was greatly disappointed.

And I would buy this http://newyork.craigslist.../brx/cto/1456941080.html if i could findparts for a reasonable price. I'll be watching this thread
smile.gif

beleive it or not, kfc tastes a bit different in different areas in trinidad lol. certain spots taste best. if you lookin for good fried chicken tho, u lookfor **** Friend Chicken, ask around next time your here, its better than KFC X343545

now back to the parts. i know since ill now be starting off i might not have enough capital to buy a ton of parts but if i can at least get someone to sell mestuff like 20 brake pads, 20 sets of brake lines at a reasonable price, that would be cool for now. just lookin to get my feet wet.

ill hold my current job atm to gain some capital and once i get enough, ill further invest.

for now, what yal got?

as requested, pics of my ride.

9625_273580475246_833300246_9049354_5064483_n.jpg

9625_273580470246_833300246_9049353_5962574_n.jpg

9625_273580460246_833300246_9049352_2135262_n.jpg

9625_273580455246_833300246_9049351_7888087_n.jpg

9625_273570130246_833300246_9049327_399680_n.jpg

right now it has the evo 1 body kit. wanted to create that sleeper look while i am working on some other things on the car. once im done with the enginerebuild, forged internals etc, ill put back on my evo3 bumpers etc. so far im running 10psi of boost, 16psi high boost.

so we've discussed kfc and pics of my car, any info on the parts supplier? lol

i owned a evo vii, but i sold it. evo3 more fun

i owned a r32 but sold it also. making room for the r34.

the r34, im about to aquire a r34 by march next year. already made the down payment, just waiting for him to aquire his next ride.

this is the 34:

n50076987111254087661.jpg

Originally Posted by Lrrr

i live in trinidad.
I was born in St. Vincent but I heard you guys have the best KFC in the Caribbean. After eating it I was greatly disappointed.

And I would buy this http://newyork.craigslist.../brx/cto/1456941080.html if i could find parts for a reasonable price. I'll be watching this thread
smile.gif

thats absurd, if you look there are a few non wrecked evos out there for around the same price

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

Originally Posted by Lrrr

i live in trinidad.

And I would buy this http://newyork.craigslist.../brx/cto/1456941080.html if i could find parts for a reasonable price. I'll be watching this thread
smile.gif

thats absurd, if you look there are a few non wrecked evos out there for around the same price
link?

as everyone says, for a job, do something that you love. well i love cars and i live in trinidad. one of the islands in the caribbean. we have quite a following for cars here, more japanese stuff tho. i wanted to open up a business selling mitsubishi replacement parts. since most our cars are used cars from japan, the parts business is very profitable in trinidad, mitsubishi isnt as supported as much as the rest tho, but i wanna change this.

i will also offer performance parts from companys such as HKS, TiAL, Greddy etc but i wanna start off offering to the regular joe who just needs to get his lancer running again lol.
I suggest you keep cars as your hobby, not your job. It is much more enjoyable.

There was a silver MR in Kentucky for 8.5k but it sold with the quickness, not to mentions there are some(likely) abused ones sitting on lots that arent listedon the internet

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

There was a silver MR in Kentucky for 8.5k but it sold with the quickness, not to mentions there are some(likely) abused ones sitting on lots that arent listed on the internet

why would someone spend money on that ++$#
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Munfy

as everyone says, for a job, do something that you love. well i love cars and i live in trinidad. one of the islands in the caribbean. we have quite a following for cars here, more japanese stuff tho. i wanted to open up a business selling mitsubishi replacement parts. since most our cars are used cars from japan, the parts business is very profitable in trinidad, mitsubishi isnt as supported as much as the rest tho, but i wanna change this.

i will also offer performance parts from companys such as HKS, TiAL, Greddy etc but i wanna start off offering to the regular joe who just needs to get his lancer running again lol.
Yep. I know too many people who turned the hobby into a job. Went from doing installs in garages to opening shops. Most end up getting closeddown because they don't know the first thing about keeping the business viable and they owe a crap load of amount still from it because opening a shop isnot cheap.

i know what u guys mean by hobby and job etc. i used to love the IT field until i started to work in it
laugh.gif

im not gonna be doing any installs etc, all i wanna do is sell parts. this isnt a get rich quick plan also. im planning on taking small steps. starting offhome based and selling to friends and fellow mitsubishi owners then ill move on from there. i know quite a few mitsubishi owners along with them knowing alotalso. plus my car is known among the mitsu crowd lol. so i can move my parts between this crowd for now.

i always wanted to own my own business. never liked working for others. i think this could be a way to get my stuff together.

It sounds like you would need a lot of capital up front to keep a decent inventory, and I could imagine the shipping costs would be a little ridiculous.

Originally Posted by eaalto

It sounds like you would need a lot of capital up front to keep a decent inventory, and I could imagine the shipping costs would be a little ridiculous.

to get anything into the west indies is a little ridiculous

so anyone know of any suppliers? yea, shipping will be a bit steep but the kinda prices thats charged for these parts locally, i might still be cutting itbelow retail here if i get the stuff at an aight price.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Munfy

Yep. I know too many people who turned the hobby into a job. Went from doing installs in garages to opening shops. Most end up getting closed down because they don't know the first thing about keeping the business viable and they owe a crap load of amount still from it because opening a shop is not cheap.
Agreed. I love cars but would never want to make it a job.

Even blogging about cars sometimes is tedious.

I order all my Mitsu parts from www.japanparts.com or RHDJapan. Sometimes Lancershop... I usually just buy aftermarket stuff anyways.

Yep. I know too many people who turned the hobby into a job. Went from doing installs in garages to opening shops. Most end up getting closed down because they don't know the first thing about keeping the business viable and they owe a crap load of amount still from it because opening a shop is not cheap.
ive seen this happen more than once right on the strip not far from my house, hell a few tuner shops have closed down pretty quick its a toughbusiness.

Make sure you supply the front lip and the rear bumper of the EVO IX. Pretty high demand for that here in the States.

Nice EVO, by the way. The III is
pimp.gif

I agree with the JDM bumper, if you can get that at a good price you'll make some money, im looking for a black vortex generator though
nerd.gif

Og 4g63
smile.gif

If I could import any Evo's it'd be the 3.
Closest things here are DSM's and Galant VR4's which rock the same engine.

I have an EvoIII turbo in my car... haha.

Anyways... Look into the dsm world if you're interested in specific Mitsubishi performance stuff.... The game has evolved like crazy.

And I love cars too. If I knew I could do without school... I'd open a tuner/performance shop and race on the side.

Good luck to you.

I know someone whos uncle owns a shop where they sell imported stuff, I go tomorrow and ask. I think they from trinidad too

how much do nissan engine go for over there?
nerd.gif
RB25? sr20?

the evo3 is the stuff. no set of electronics to drive the car for you. its all drive and car. even tho its awd, this car behaves like a rwd at times. sweet.

im not really looking to sell stuff to the US since i live in trinidad right now but who knows. really the performance game is kinda over kill right now. thatswhy im aiming for regular replacement parts for now. the market is much bigger than performance. every car needs parts replaced after some time. the trinidadmarket for these parts are different to the US.

nissan engines? we got all of them, rb26dett, sr20, sr18, sr16 vvl in both 20 and 16 etc. prices vary. you can get a rb26dett for 3k usd, a sr20det from a s15for around 2k usd or less.

would appreciate any help on links to suppliers, ill check out the links posted so far. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom