Jenny Hyun responds to Mayweather's "Lin tweet"

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

In hind sight, why should there be a benchmark guideline in justification for me voting who I want to vote? If I voted for Obama because he was black, why is that wrong?

Jeremy Lin's hype is based PRIMARILY on his race, anyone that says otherwise is a joke. There is nothing RACIST about it, but it becomes RACIST when YOU PUT HIM IN THE ALL STAR WEEKEND based on his hype and performance for the past few games. THAT IS BEING RACIST !!!!! Then again, the NBA ALL STAR was purely based on 'voting'. lolz
exactly. Go to a knicks game and ask the 70 year old asian lady why she's there. Look at the numbers Knicks games are doing in China. Ask the random asian person why they are buying a Lin jersey. They might say because he is good, but they also will say because he is asian. Nothing wrong with it. But why cant that be used in an argument. I root for Venus and serena because they are the only black female players. I cant have it both ways and call somebody racist for calling me out

Exactly.  I hope down the road, society embraces these reasons w/ genuine intent.  I hope in the future, events like these make us stronger.

Race does play a role, especially when you're a minority trying to fight barriers.  Guys like Lin and Yao are pioneers and it's supposed to be a positive thing.

clap.gif

2012:
I went to buy a Jeremy Lin jersey because he is Asian.
"That's Racist"

2050:
I bought a Jeremy Lin jersey because he's Asian.
"That's Cool"

It seems like the part of PBF's tweet that is bugging people the most is the, "Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian."

"Because he's Asian."

Regardless of what you think about PBF or how you took that tweet. It's true. Jeremy Lin can play man. The kid is nice. He helped a hurting and struggling Knicks team get to a .500 record with a 7 game win streak. But how can you ignore the fact that Asian publications that never cover North American sports are now flying to games and practices to ask questions (some of the dumbest I've ever heard) at media scrums. Or that people are getting together in China towns across North America to watch games. I don't know how people are going to perceive my post, but I don't mean any of this in the wrong way at all.

Last season Yao Ming was voted as the starting center on the Western Conference. This is after they had him limited to 24 minutes a game and he has missed pretty much the equivalent of 2 entire seasons due to injury in his career. He was nowhere near his All-Star playing days and he was voted as the starter. Kevin Love was becoming the best PF in the league and broke Moses Malone's record by getting 52 consecutive double-doubles AND he wasn't voted onto the All-Star team. He wasn't even a reserve. After Yao (obviously) bowed out due to injury, David Stern selected Kevin Love, because it would of been a travesty otherwise. The fans might as well have voted Shaq, Vince Carter, and T-Mac to start in the All-Star game last year too. Yao was a legitimate dominating center and an All-Star in his prime, but how else does he make the All-Star team in his latest condition before he ultimately retired?

You guys can't honestly believe that a non-Asian player with the exact same back story would be getting even half the attention Jeremy Lin is getting now. I like Jeremy Lin, but he HAS unintentially caused a hysteria because of his race.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Great job Mayweather
30t6p3b.gif

Hopefully he can get cold-cocked in the middle of a grocery store, and Hyun walks in front of a bus.

Mayweather and Hyun should just fight and take each other out.
Think that would be a fair one LOL

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

RunningFishy wrote:

Making a comment is now racist? Having a stereotype or prejudice is now racist? COME ON MAN.

It's been going on since people fought each other.
"Obama is president only because black people voted for him" Do you find comments like this humorous too?
grin.gif

did you watch saturday night live this past week?
it can be...

13 pages on a nobody cuz she said made numerous racist remarks on twitter. Yall must not read youtube comments.

Back
Top Bottom