Jerry Jones IS Interested ... But Getting Outbid ...

Anything Jerry Jones says about personnel moves is highly likely a bold faced lie...
laugh.gif

I will be 1st in line for a Home Vick jersey if he signs with us, wear it with some Raptor VII's or something

I'm saying though that new DMP 60+ Pack got me thinking. The Caro joints are too close to the Oly's...if he signs with the Vikes I will have to getsome Hares to match

Originally Posted by 0cks

I will be 1st in line for a Home Vick jersey if he signs with us, wear it with some Raptor VII's or something

laugh.gif
nice role reversal

I'll be right behind you with my cardinals though, I aint gonna lie

Please help me win an argument (or lose it). Didn't the Patriots owner or rep visit Vick when he first went to prison? I could have sworn I rememberreading that somewhere. But he said that it wasn't related to football. Anyone remember this or am I trippin'?

Vick will be a Viking by the end of next week. Tavaris Jackson just hurt his MCL in camp.

Originally Posted by ohboy716

Please help me win an argument (or lose it). Didn't the Patriots owner or rep visit Vick when he first went to prison? I could have sworn I remember reading that somewhere. But he said that it wasn't related to football. Anyone remember this or am I trippin'?
you probably thinking of Tony Dungy

Jackson's MCL injury is not serious....how would that change the mind of anyone in our front office when it's been stated that Vick won't come backuntil week 5 or 6 and T-Jack will be back healthy before week 1?

I know we didn't publicly state we're disinterested in Vick, but if we weren't going to go after him before, then we won't be going after himnow.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Jackson's MCL injury is not serious....how would that change the mind of anyone in our front office when it's been stated that Vick won't come back until week 5 or 6 and T-Jack will be back healthy before week 1?
Tavaris a bum though. Why not sign Vick?

Eh...I've been over this before but whatever.

An improving Tarvaris who's entering his 4th season in our offense > Mike Vick who's fresh off 2 years behind bars and also has to serve a 4-gamesuspension.

They're both similar QBs in my opinion (same skillset), might as well stick with the one we have...not to mention neither one fits the West Coast systemwell.

The Wildcat is a fad anyway (which is what a lot would see as the ideal system we would run if we did sign Vick). All it's going to take is for one team tofigure out how to stop it effectively and that'll be the end of it. Also, people are underestimating PETA and how hard they will go after the team thatgives Mike a second chance...

I'm not saying Tarvaris is better than what Vick was before he got locked up, but there's SO many questions with Vick right now that I wouldn'twant to give up completely on T-Jack to pursue Vick. The negatives outweigh the positives in a huge way in my opinion. I love Mike Vick but not for our teamright now.

And anyway, when we're trying to lobby the state for a new stadium.....picking up a guy with a very troubled past would be an insane and idiotic move atthis point. Bringing in Vick would make the PETA people and animal lovers across the state instantly lose support for the team and they actually might do allthey can to see the Vikings get punished for taking a chance on him...which would be campaigning that a new stadium wouldn't be built therefore a movewould be very likely.

The reason I wanted Favre was because he would give us the best chance to "win now", not T-Jack, Sage, or Vick if we had signed him.

T-Jack has some potential and he could be a decent to good QB down the road....but I think IF he ever reaches that potential, it'll be when our playersthat are considered "elites" right now are old and worn down. The window of time or whatever just doesn't fit for me. Which is why I wantedFavre.

But anyway, we benched T-Jack so prematurely...he only got TWO games! Two games before he was benched!

And people can say he played bad in those games all they want....but look at the teams he played in those two games. The Green Bay Packers and the IndianapolisColts...both of which were 13-3 in 2007. He was benched because he didn't have good games against two of the elite teams from the year previous....howmessed up is that?

But guess what...he got a chance to come in later in the season and he played pretty well for how he was treated just 10 weeks before. He didn't have avery good game against Philadelphia in the playoffs obviously...but he was by no means the reason we lost that game. He had great to respectable QB ratings inall of the games he played in during the second half of the season..

Am I saying Tarvaris is the answer to all of our problems? No. Does he have a future in this league? Possibly...but he won't ever be a Top 10 QB in the NFLand that's ludicrous if anyone thinks so.

/rant

Originally Posted by JPZx

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Jerry Jones "IS" interested but being"out-bidded"... The %**@ you think you foolin son? Who is going to go into a "bidding" war for Mike Vick!?
eek.gif
roll.gif

Oh wait.... Marcus told you huh

30nhzq0.jpg

Yeah, it's official... You're trying to hard pal...

You went how many pages deep to dig this up after nobody posted in it for damn near a week?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yeah, it's official... You're trying to hard pal...

You went how many pages deep to dig this up after nobody posted in it for damn near a week?
eyes.gif

Hate me for it, but its true - cat just lies to lie.
eyes.gif
Blame methough

UPDATE: Two surprise Vick destinations
Michael Vick | Falcons | Interested: Steelers? Cowboys? Bills? Packers? Ravens?
NFL reporter Adam Schefter listed two sleepers in the Michael Vick sweepstakes via Twitter: the Buffalo Bills and the Dallas Cowboys. Cowboys owner Jerry Jonespreviously told the Associated Press that he had no intentions of signing Vick.

Although the Democrat and Chronicle found a few Bills players that would like to see the team sign Vick, BuffaloBills.com quoted Bills GM Russ Brandon in lateJuly as saying, "We do not have interest at this time. We are comfortable with our roster as it is." Then again, Bills official blogger Chris Brownrelays a rumor from the NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora that the team is looking for a backup QB, which could mean Vick.

The Chicago Tribune notes that Vick was in the Second City on Wednesday, but was speaking to kids about dogfighting, not to Bears GM Jerry Angelo abouttouchdown scoring. Gamers in the audience will be disappointed to learn that Vick will not be a part of Madden NFL 10 for the first roster update, as per theL.A. Times, but will be added "once he signs with a team."

Remember that earlier this week, Vick mentor Tony Dungy indicated on "Mike and Mike in the Morning" that "something's gonna happen thisweek." Well, the week's almost up.

[h2][/h2] richeisen

For all those going nuts about Bills/Vick rumors, the team is having a press conf in 10 mins. What about, who knows? Could be nothing or...6 minutes ago from web

Back
Top Bottom