Jesse Jackson Defends LeBron James VOL. race card??

As per TMZ...

Jesse Jackson has come to the defense of LeBron James -- even though no one asked him to -- and compared Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert to a "slave master."

0711-jesse-jackson-lebron-james-getty-credit.jpg

In a harshly-worded statement, Jackson took Gilbert to task for his open letter to Cavaliers fans which slammed LeBron's decision to sign with the Miami Heat. Jackson says, "He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave."

He goes on, "LeBron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbert’s plantation and be demeaned. He has been a model citizen and has inspired the children of Akron, Cleveland, the State of Ohio and the United States."

Not sure if Cleveland fans would rush to LeBron's defense right now.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/11/jesse...an-gilbert-cleveland-cavaliers/#ixzz0tU2Qyhbb

I mean... I sorta get what he's saying; Gilbert took this way personal and practically ripped LeBron a new one, but comparing him to a slave master?
eyes.gif
 Guess I'm not all too surprised @ Jesse's theatrical antics.

NT, what are your thoughts?

As per TMZ...

Jesse Jackson has come to the defense of LeBron James -- even though no one asked him to -- and compared Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert to a "slave master."

0711-jesse-jackson-lebron-james-getty-credit.jpg

In a harshly-worded statement, Jackson took Gilbert to task for his open letter to Cavaliers fans which slammed LeBron's decision to sign with the Miami Heat. Jackson says, "He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave."

He goes on, "LeBron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbert’s plantation and be demeaned. He has been a model citizen and has inspired the children of Akron, Cleveland, the State of Ohio and the United States."

Not sure if Cleveland fans would rush to LeBron's defense right now.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/11/jesse...an-gilbert-cleveland-cavaliers/#ixzz0tU2Qyhbb

I mean... I sorta get what he's saying; Gilbert took this way personal and practically ripped LeBron a new one, but comparing him to a slave master?
eyes.gif
 Guess I'm not all too surprised @ Jesse's theatrical antics.

NT, what are your thoughts?

JJ is a certified loser. He makes everything about race someone needs to shoot this racist *#+%%+% in the face.

JJ is a certified loser. He makes everything about race someone needs to shoot this racist *#+%%+% in the face.

Man Jesse Jackson is an idiot.
eyes.gif
.  The stuff he says is played out.
I cant stand Lebron but I give him props for having the balls to leave, just wish he would of went somewhere else.

eyes.gif
I cant stand Lebron but I give him props for having the balls to leave, just wish he would of went somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Prime Suspects 36

eyes.gif
Leaving to Miami to be the Robin to D-Wayde's Batman is actually the easy way out.

Originally Posted by Prime Suspects 36

eyes.gif
Leaving to Miami to be the Robin to D-Wayde's Batman is actually the easy way out.

It's Jesse Jackson, did you think he wouldn't have the race card on him
laugh.gif

But I agree with him to a degree, glad someone had the balls to go at Dan Gilbert instead of acting like what he said was necessary (ie. Mark Cuban)

It's Jesse Jackson, did you think he wouldn't have the race card on him
laugh.gif

But I agree with him to a degree, glad someone had the balls to go at Dan Gilbert instead of acting like what he said was necessary (ie. Mark Cuban)

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Al Sharpton is leading a march on Wednesday.

I'm jk
laugh.gif
i wouldn't have been suprised

those two dudes need to be powerbombed through a table.

dan gilbert should write another letter rant going off on jesse jackson just for the hell of it, bringing up his past affair, and some of the rediculous things he's said over the years.  he can write this one to cavs season ticket holders and whoever else he feels necessary to write it to
laugh.gif

J. Jackson is just trying to be relevant.  Do not take anything he says seriously

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Al Sharpton is leading a march on Wednesday.

I'm jk
laugh.gif
i wouldn't have been suprised

those two dudes need to be powerbombed through a table.

dan gilbert should write another letter rant going off on jesse jackson just for the hell of it, bringing up his past affair, and some of the rediculous things he's said over the years.  he can write this one to cavs season ticket holders and whoever else he feels necessary to write it to
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom