Jessie J - The Next GREAT Singer of Our Time

Don't know if anyone's ever heard of Jessie J, you might have heard her first single "Do It Like A Dude", which make her out to be some Gaga/Minaj clone, but if you've seen any of her homemade videos on YouTube you can see that song is just the label ensuring the mass public has something "safe" to cling to before she shows us who she really is.  And who she really is in my opinion is the best singer I've heard since Lauryn Hill and has incredibly inspirational songwriting.

Looks like video embedding is not working for me again, maybe one of you can embed this:

Don't know if anyone's ever heard of Jessie J, you might have heard her first single "Do It Like A Dude", which make her out to be some Gaga/Minaj clone, but if you've seen any of her homemade videos on YouTube you can see that song is just the label ensuring the mass public has something "safe" to cling to before she shows us who she really is.  And who she really is in my opinion is the best singer I've heard since Lauryn Hill and has incredibly inspirational songwriting.

Looks like video embedding is not working for me again, maybe one of you can embed this:

She's very talented...but when you say best singer, I'm assuming that you are speaking vocally.

In which case she's dope, but not even on the same level as Jojo when speaking on "young" singers

She's very talented...but when you say best singer, I'm assuming that you are speaking vocally.

In which case she's dope, but not even on the same level as Jojo when speaking on "young" singers

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Yes, I'm talking vocally.  And it's funny you bring up JoJo, b/c I'm a big fan of hers, however, most of her music has continued to disappoint.  Her last mixtape was very average, I think she really needs to find the right producers to help her find her niche and sound.  When I first discovered Jessie J, JoJo became an afterthought, I guess for me the real separation is not only in the vocals but the songwriting.  Jessie actually has something REAL to say if you listen to her.  In terms of "young" singers as you were referring to, Jessie is easily the best, followed by Karina Pasian and even that lil' girl Christina Grimmie is DOPE!

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Yes, I'm talking vocally.  And it's funny you bring up JoJo, b/c I'm a big fan of hers, however, most of her music has continued to disappoint.  Her last mixtape was very average, I think she really needs to find the right producers to help her find her niche and sound.  When I first discovered Jessie J, JoJo became an afterthought, I guess for me the real separation is not only in the vocals but the songwriting.  Jessie actually has something REAL to say if you listen to her.  In terms of "young" singers as you were referring to, Jessie is easily the best, followed by Karina Pasian and even that lil' girl Christina Grimmie is DOPE!

MK25toLife - I hear you, but it's not exactly Jojo's fault. �Her label put her so far back on the shelf�
laugh.gif
. �She's out of her contract now, and newly signed to Interscope. �I'm still concerned, especially with her appearance in the Keri Hilson video. �The last thing she needs to do is find herself under the direction of some losers like Polow Da Don�
sick.gif
. �But her latest song "Hollywood" is one of the dopest joints I've heard in a minute. Vocally, Jessie J ain't doin it like this...

MK25toLife - I hear you, but it's not exactly Jojo's fault. �Her label put her so far back on the shelf�
laugh.gif
. �She's out of her contract now, and newly signed to Interscope. �I'm still concerned, especially with her appearance in the Keri Hilson video. �The last thing she needs to do is find herself under the direction of some losers like Polow Da Don�
sick.gif
. �But her latest song "Hollywood" is one of the dopest joints I've heard in a minute. Vocally, Jessie J ain't doin it like this...

I'm listening to her for the first time and... SHE'S A BEAST!
eek.gif

JoJo is dope but she aint in Jessie's league - and I follow JoJo's unreleased music
ohwell.gif

Her presence on a track is far beyond 22 years old.

Her voice is so big and she can take it somewhere soulfully(scat'n n all) JoJo cant really get to.

Go listen to Big White Room. She adlibs her *+% off  on BWR. Her voice is crazy on that joint.

eek.gif

JoJo is dope but she aint in Jessie's league - and I follow JoJo's unreleased music
ohwell.gif

Her voice is so big and she can take it somewhere soulfully(scat'n n all) JoJo cant really get to.

Go listen to Big White Room. She adlibs her *+% off  on BWR. Her voice is crazy on that joint.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

eek.gif

ohwell.gif

Had me rewinding parts like "
sick.gif
sick.gif
No she didn't just do that "

But yeah, she's one of the few that has TOTAL control over her voice, to the point where it can be classified as a full fledged instrument.

Good looking OP, I'm def. checking for her now.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

eek.gif

ohwell.gif

Had me rewinding parts like "
sick.gif
sick.gif
No she didn't just do that "

But yeah, she's one of the few that has TOTAL control over her voice, to the point where it can be classified as a full fledged instrument.

Good looking OP, I'm def. checking for her now.

Oh yea her she def is next up as far as push goes hopefully the public %%*%% with her. Def 1 of the best of the new school

Oh yea her she def is next up as far as push goes hopefully the public %%*%% with her. Def 1 of the best of the new school

Back
Top Bottom