JOB HUNTING SUCKS......what do sneakerhead kids grow up to be?

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

it just sucks because i dont wanna stop cussing-cut my hair
Wait, what???

nerd.gif

i could maybe get a job at a sneaker store around my way.. but that's like a waste of time to me.. i'm probably gonna be like you in a year or two, ori'm gonna get too old for that @*%@ and they'll let me go.. both are situations i don't want to be in, ever. so i'm stuck.. luckily moneyain't tight right now.. otherwise i'd have no choice.

why did i get fired?

a few months ago i hired a guy.
thought he was cool.
weekly stock counts started coming up short.
shorter.
shorter...
approached my employees and found out it was him.
fired him.
had an audit.
got fired.

If you're 23 years old, you should probably aspire to be more than a Footlocker manager.
whats so bad about that?

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by The Great Hibachi

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

i heard sanitary technician make 45 G a year and the job doesnt require you to wear slack and tie.

laugh.gif
Yuck.
Yeah you say yuck but I bet that 45 G's isn't including all the OT you can make.

money isnt everything.

i wouldnt do it.

theres A LOT of jobs I wouldnt do.

if your doing a job for the money "fml" imo.

What if your kids are starving and that is the only job available? Sometimes you have to do w/e you have to do.

why did i get fired?

thought he was cool.
shorter.
shorter...
fired him.
had an audit.
got fired.

If you're 23 years old, you should probably aspire to be more than a Footlocker manager.
whats so bad about that?

their isnt anything wrong with it. everybody is different and you can also try to move up

no tats, but I am a marketing manager for well a sneaker store and sneaker industry related companies.....marketing jobs are the best....

my question is why you waited for the third "shorter" to approach your employees...

dont mean to sound harsh, but it sounds like you had no business managing the store in the first place

as far as real advice, you should be able to get a job at any retail place that is hiring with 6 years and managerial experience, just hit the mall and applyto every store

working in retail will never get you anywhere in term of financial gain. I say you go back to school and get a degree in healthcare or something that you canrely on for long term

serg - steal your brother's orange lows and sell them to me.

i'm lucky. i wear a fitted, tee, shorts and sneaks. can tatt, pierce anything, anywhere and still keep my job. cuss every other word. i work in thebehavioral health field (substance abuse/mental health).

ACBboyz84 wrote:
working in retail will never get you anywhere in term of financial gain. I say you go back to school and get a degree in healthcare or something that you can rely on for long term
2qurpjq.jpg

i dont work in retail but thats such a dumb statement. you can get paper doing just about anything. just a matter of what you are doing

thought he was cool.
shorter.
shorter...
fired him.
had an audit.
got fired
We had like a almost -$40,000 audit and none of us got fired. It was all from customers stealing cause we were kinda in a bad spot but wedidn't get fired. Hell one store near us had an almost -$100,000 audit and no one got fired, the manager didn't even technically get fired. They justmoved me to one of the top 10 stores in the US where I was making double the commission.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess the idea was for them to watch me and to correct the mistakes I made, but I was selling 10+ insoles a day, realized I was better at selling... so theypretty much let me do anything I wanted all over again like in my old store. I left after like 6 months cause the manager was a douche....my true calling iscomic books and art. You gotta do what you love man...

i read in the paper today that the job market for 17-19 year olds is the lowest it has been in over a decade.
so good luck to yall lol

part time job w/ benefits ftw
pimp.gif

"if ur not ready to dress like a man,your not ready to be a man..."
Not always the case, especially if you happen to be in an industry that revolves around, or markets towards lifestyle culture/subculture. Prettymuch any brand under the sun that sells to the 18-34(sometimes 49) demo.

There's lots of gigs out there for folks who are more "lifestyle" oriented. You just have to look in the right places, persist, and don'tsettle for simply what's available to you. It also helps to be in/close proximity to a top 5-10 market city.

i just got laid off like a couple weeks ago and it sucks
frown.gif
But im onunemployment checks so EDD FTW while im job hunting,
glasses.gif

They grow up to work in the Music Business.

But that business was a mess BEFORE the recession.

So there goes that.

working in retail will never get you anywhere in term of financial gain. I say you go back to school and get a degree in healthcare or something that you can rely on for long term
dude are you on crack? i used to work at apple and the store managers made close to/over six figures. c'mon now...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

dude are you on crack? i used to work at apple and the store managers made close to/over six figures. c'mon now...

damn thats news to me. wow.

Job hunting is depressing...you get up apply....get a call for an interview, get hella happy, then nothing!

Back
Top Bottom