Joba Chamberlain's Mom arrested for selling....

The mother of Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain was arrested on suspicion of selling meth to an undercover officer in Lincoln.

Jacqueline Standley was arrested Saturday at her apartment at 1641 Prospect St. and charged Monday with delivery of an exceptionally hazardous drug, a Class 2felony.

In court Monday, County Judge James Foster set her percentage bond at $5,000 and appointed the public defender's office to represent her. Standley bondedout of jail Monday night.

The charge carries a possible one- to 50-year prison sentence.

In court records, police allege the 44-year-old delivered a bag of methamphetamine to an undercover officer the night of Feb. 11 at her apartment.

Police sent the suspected meth to the State Crime Lab, where it was tested and confirmed to be 0.6 grams of meth.

Reached Monday night, Standley said she had no comment at this time. "My lawyer said not to talk to anybody, but I pray it all works out well," shesaid.

Standley, who grew up in Lincoln, has been estranged from her son and daughter the past few years.

Last September, the Lincoln Journal Star wrote an in-depth story about Standley, who had turned her apartment into a shrine to the Yankees star.

She talked about her love for Joba, her desire to reunite with both of her grown kids and her sadness for the bad choices she made that had led to theestrangement.

She insisted she had been involved in her son's life - despite what he and his father, Harlan Chamberlain, have told reporters - and that her decision tolet his father take the lead in raising him was because she struggled with depression and drugs.

"No. I wasn't the greatest mother," she told the Journal Star then. "But in the bad choices I made, I in turn made good choices. And one wasfor them to be with their dad a lot."

Standley appeared Monday in the same courtroom where her son pleaded guilty to DUI a month ago.

On April 1, County Judge Laurie Yardley sentenced him to nine months of probation.

doc49ff53ec314f9201512404.jpg

No emoticons for me, I'll let y'all figure this one out...

This isn't interesting to me, can the NY media somehow involve Arod in this, that oughta make it front page worthy.

Wow that sucks. At least she wasn't selling herself. Man that would be terrible on a child. Drugs are bad too but a mother prostituting herself is onanother level.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Isn't He rolling in dough? She must be seeing 0 of those checks.
He and his father have both said several times she wanted nothing to do with Joba growing up... She says otherwise, but at this point, it'spretty easy to determine whose word means more...

This situation really shouldn't be funny, but tell me she don't look EXACTLY like Joba...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Isn't He rolling in dough? She must be seeing 0 of those checks.
He and his father have both said several times she wanted nothing to do with Joba growing up... She says otherwise, but at this point, it's pretty easy to determine whose word means more...

This situation really shouldn't be funny, but tell me she don't look EXACTLY like Joba...
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Joba's parents suffer from Milhouse-syndrome which is when both your parents look like the same person.
yeah we got it the first time man

this is how I know I'm out of the loop in baseball and think about basketball entirely too much (could be due to the playoffs right now tho) ... I read thename and instantly associated it with being an child Wilt conceived from one of his escapades.

Then I read that and instantly assumed she was selling ({}) ... Goes to show you how my mind works
smh.gif

This could hurt Joba, or light a finder under hiss %*@ tonight. If I'm not mistaken, his mother was not their for his childhood, so he may not be effectedby it, but you never know...

You'd think with the long history of drugs in his family, Joba would be able to pitch into the 7th inning more often. Look at the Canseco shirt thatyoung Joba's got on.
eek.gif

doc48cc43fa1c323987180635.jpg

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Joba's parents suffer from Milhouse-syndrome which is when both your parents look like the same person.

2s6ly6v.jpg

roll.gif

looks like his mom pitchs too...

Back
Top Bottom