jobless and frustrated no longer?! needing interview advice

Been unemployed for about a full year. Finally got an interview tomorrow at the airport; not with the airport itself but a company within it. I'm not sure whether to go full casual or what, I was always told its better to over dress than under dress so I was gonna wear black slacks and a white shirt. Also thinking of wearing a black skinny knit tie or no? Anyone also have some interviewing advice, I guess for the airport? Is this thread worthy? yes! I need this money! 

smile, make eye contact and get there 10 minutes early.
outfit sounds fine unless you don't have the body type for a skinny tie.

I got some wayfarer glasses from that coastal site, would big glasses seem too obnoxious to wear?

Dress how you want just make sure your comfortable, and professional. Since you haven't had employment in over a year it will show on your resume, and in the interview as well. It's important to brush up on interviewing, but no so much to where your like a robot. Still hold your individuality when facing interviews.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Congrats. Just make sure your outfit is fly. 

All that counts.
camo shorts, nike sandals, elite socks and a snapback it is then
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
. preciate the advice though MF, yeah I kinda worried about stuttering from nervousness or something during the interview. 

Be prepared to explain why you have been unemployed for the past year and what you have been doing while you have been unemployed.

congrats fam. arrive early, be professional, make eye contact, and ask questions pertaining to future advancements.

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Be prepared to explain why you have been unemployed for the past year and what you have been doing while you have been unemployed.
This.

I had quit my job and interviewed with another a month later. The regional manager was giving my interview and asked me 3 separate times why I quit without having another job lined up. Truth was, I didn't agree with practices in my office and I enjoyed taking the time off so that's what I said.

As far as the interview itself goes, ALWAYS overdress. If you sense that you did, dress a little more casual the next time. Make eye contact, smile, and stay as collected as possible. Be prepared to list off "things you can work on" (usually 3 things) that's the hardest question and most everyone in every field asks it. Best of luck!

Be positive, look eager, have some energy.  Don't slouch, have good posture while sitting.  Make sure to ask questions, don't be afraid to say "I don't know, however is it possible to do some research and get in contact with you?".  
Don't bash your old job/boss.  Do a little research on the company you are interviewing for.

Good luck

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Be positive, look eager, have some energy.  Don't slouch, have good posture while sitting.  Make sure to ask questions, don't be afraid to say "I don't know, however is it possible to do some research and get in contact with you?".  
Don't bash your old job/boss.  Do a little research on the company you are interviewing for.

Good luck
Bingo! 
Also when i personally interview, i try to be animated and respond with my answers as if i'm telling a story. Basically, you're selling yourself, as if you're selling a product. Facts tell, stories sell! Take advantage of any opportunity given to speak. Provide a quick timeline of your professional education/career, talk about what kind of experience you have and talk about where you are now and what you hope to accomplish and WHY.

Dont be afraid to open up; most of the time interviewers want to find someone who is confident, a fluid communicator, and someone with some personality. Asking tons of questions towards the end of your interview will show that you are eager & prepared.

Good luck.  

It's corny to say but have confidence in yourself. I know it's tough after multiple interviews but you just got to learn from each one and move on. You will find a job sooner or later as long as you are determined and keep looking.

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

I would think twice about the skinny knit tie, it doesn't sound very professional in my opinion. Depending on the type of job, I would play it safe with a standard/slim silk tie.

It's been a while since you've held a job so I'm sure you're nervous about the potential money you can be making. But don't over think it family. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Stay relaxed, focus on what you're going to say, and envision yourself nailing the interview. The biggest mistakes I've made during the interview process is putting too much pressure on myself and trying to say perfect answers and I choked. Just be yourself.

Good luck man, update this thread when you get the job
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom