Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

My interview today was great, I was given a tour of the facility and after talking with the supervisor I got to talk to the guy I'd be replacing if offered the position. The company is really good and the setting would be perfect. The only bad thing would be driving an hour to work everyday but it's better than what I'm doing now so I hope I get the offer.

Make sure you send a thank you letter to the guy you will be replacing.

I gotta wait and see if I'll be replacing him first.

Applied at this 1 spot a year ago, I blew it on the interview. Applied again like 2 months ago under a different email and username account. Got a phone call last Thursday and turned out to be a phone Interview, thing lasted like 45 minutes. They said they would keep in touch.

I get a phone call on Monday from some dude that says he's the Manager at one of the depts. there. Asks If I can come in the following day for an Interview (Tuesday) Interview is at 3pm, the exact time I start my afternoon job. I called in sick Tuesday and went to the Interview. Interview went great and dude tells me that he actually thinks I'm over qualified for that position and that I should try and get hired in one of the other depts. there. Says he'll slide my resume to the one of the other Managers, and that they'll be in contact with me in about a week.

I later found out that the position that I was "over qualified" for started at $14.50. Position the first manager thinks I'm better suited for starts at $14+ 7.5% extra pay, and $1.50 more an hour for working in the fridge. Comes out to about $18 an hour to start.

I get a phone today (well yesterday) at around 4:30 by the recruiter, says the new Manager got a hold of my resume and is interested and that I should be expecting a phone call soon, I'm like cool. I'm thinking dude will call back like on Monday/Tuesday, he calls me 25 minutes later. Asks if I'm interested, I say Yes, and asks when can I meet him. I say whenever he wants. Tells me to be there at 7:30 pm. I was getting ready to kick it with my friends and go out to watch the Doyers game, change of plans.

Interview lasted about an hour, I got mixed signals, and this interview didn't go as well as the first one. Now I'm up over thinking the whole situation. I keep playing the whole thing out in my head over and over. Lord knows I need this.

Pray for me Fam...

Just offered a position at Best Buy. I accepted but still in the background check phase. pay isn't much but opportunity for more hours than my gig now so that's a plus. Wanted the Geek Squad position as a foot into the IT/Computers field but somethin is better than nothin. Now I just have to figure out if I should keep both gigs or quit the one I have now

Just offered a position at Best Buy. I accepted but still in the background check phase. pay isn't much but opportunity for more hours than my gig now so that's a plus. Wanted the Geek Squad position as a foot into the IT/Computers field but somethin is better than nothin. Now I just have to figure out if I should keep both gigs or quit the one I have now

I worked 2 jobs for the past 7/8 months 'Til I quit my morning job a couple of weeks ago. The pay wasn't worth all the trouble. Waking up at 4am daily, driving 22 miles to work, and another 22 back home. The uniform, the clean cut, etc.

Don't know how I even managed to last that long...

I worked 2 jobs for the past 7/8 months 'Til I quit my morning job a couple of weeks ago. The pay wasn't worth all the trouble. Waking up at 4am daily, driving 22 miles to work, and another 22 back home. The uniform, the clean cut, etc.

Don't know how I even managed to last that long...

U have to do what u have to do bro, that's how it is. I just don't know if I want to stay at my old gig bc my boss is pie and takes out his frustrations on us. He plays w/ hours too much like I aint got responsibilities of my own. But if I can keep both and just rack up money w/ that gig to pay stuff off then I'll do it.

Just got a call today w/ an offer for the county gig I interviewed for a couple weeks back. Feels good man. Still have to wait until the offer goes through the proper channels until they can officially offer it to me and set a start date but it feels real good. Best Buy was playin around a lil so whatever. Still will end up keeping my job I have now and workin it at nights like I do now, only difference is that I won't NEED it so I should be good as far as my spirits go.

Still won't leave this thread though, just like rell826 rell826 said. Any encouragement I can give, I'm willin to do it because I know how tough it is to keep your faith and spirits up during these pressing times. I feel like our generation has to work 10x harder to be successful, and it's not easy at all.

^ I have worked at every major phone company but still AT&T won't hire me. I even had an employee reference from a friend that works in corporate. Still nothing. I been selling phones since 2006. I can't fathom why they don't hire me with all my knowledge and experience. Smh

^ I have worked at every major phone company but still AT&T won't hire me. I even had an employee reference from a friend that works in corporate. Still nothing. I been selling phones since 2006. I can't fathom why they don't hire me with all my knowledge and experience. Smh

One thing I've learned is that sometimes, people fear that hiring some people puts a timeclock on their own position. They don't want somebody that could potentially take their job. Other than that, I think it's just not meant to be. God has somethin greater in store for you. Not tryna force religion on u or anything but I always feel that there's a higher purpose for everyone.

Naw I feel you 100 percent. I'm just fed up with my current gig. I'm gonna hit the pavement harder because I had 2 interviews at banks and got told not qualified enough based on my sales experience and not banking experience. Smh.

Naw I feel you 100 percent. I'm just fed up with my current gig. I'm gonna hit the pavement harder because I had 2 interviews at banks and got told not qualified enough based on my sales experience and not banking experience. Smh.
i hate when they say stuff like that. "sorry you dont have enough banking experience"  well....until a bank hires me, i will NEVER have any. its a conundrum. Its like them telling you that you need and ID to get an ID.

Just lost my job. I was a sales rep for a major Air conditioning company. Started with them about a month and a half ago. Never been in sales before, but felt like I was doing pretty good. Went to go ask my boss something and next thing I know he says he's letting me go because I'm not meeting their expectations. I haven't been unemployed since I started working at 15. I really don't know where to go from here. He was going to try and get me in another position in the company, but he says it's not for sure. He also left the door open for me to come back to the position in the future, but it just doesn't make sense to me. He also offered to write me a letter of recommendation. I need work ASAP I'm literally broke because I spent money on things I needed for the job and a hospital bill from last week. Any Niketalkers in South FL know of any HVAC companies looking for anyone please let me know I'm willing to be a helper/apprentice if I have to. I have all my certifications.  

In the meantime, start looking for temp and part time work. Since you have all of your certifications, I'd recommend calling the people that taught you to see if they know anyone that has openings.

Had a phone interview today but unsure about how I feel about it.

It was scheduled to be 10am but she didn't call until 10:30
She said in the beginning I would have a chance to ask questions but she never asked if I had any questions. We hung up and I thought it was a bust but she called me hit after and asked if I was authorized to work in the us. I guess it might not have gone as bad as I thought because if I had no chance at all, she wouldn't have called back to ask that

Had a phone interview today but unsure about how I feel about it.

It was scheduled to be 10am but she didn't call until 10:30
She said in the beginning I would have a chance to ask questions but she never asked if I had any questions. We hung up and I thought it was a bust but she called me hit after and asked if I was authorized to work in the us. I guess it might not have gone as bad as I thought because if I had no chance at all, she wouldn't have called back to ask that
Sounds like you good fam, or she was just making sure she wasnt talking to an illegal Alien.

Last edited:
Had another interview with a different police dept yesterday and they asked the same exact questions from the interview I had with the last police dept that I aced so I feel pretty confident.

Here's a tip for you guys which I did at both interviews. When they ask if you have any questions, ask them why THEY chose the field they're in. It's unexpected and gives them the impression that you're genuinely interested. The responses I got went over very well with the officers that interviewed me.

what branch of at&t? like cellphones/stores? or corporate/IT? I work in corporate/IT and if you need a reference I'll back you

Yea retail sales consultant in southwest Florida. Interviewer said he is going to call me tomorrow to set up a meeting with the store manager. Feeling confident.

Central florida area?
even moooooore specific. gotta go by city man. its ok, nobody is stalking u here lol
Yea retail sales consultant in southwest Florida. Interviewer said he is going to call me tomorrow to set up a meeting with the store manager. Feeling confident.
i live in tampa florida so if u still need a reference i got you. but ur retail and im on the business systems and router side of things so i dont think itll hold AS MUCH weight. good luck man!

I lost my job in mid Sept and this is by far a GREAT resource and very uplifting thread.  Good luck to us all and keep on doing what needs to be done.  God Bless

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom