Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

update: 78 percent of my check was taken to pay for "chargebacks"

so, i just paid for the loss of an LLC.

I assumed the loss of an LLC personally. LOL

Anybody do side gigs that pay? I got this opportunity to do some male stripping in NYC, but does anybody know what the pay is like?

Ahahah I mean what side hustles do you guys have? I'm trying to add one more to my source of income. So far it's, future male stripper, trading cryptocurrency, and reselling thrifted good on eBay/Craigslist

What are your guys thoughts on the future of jobs and the economy in general? I'm close to finishing my degree and have been sending out a lot of applications to different companies and still nada. Degree is in Finance and I'm in the Boston, Ma area. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat or was in the same boat recently and what I should expect. 

Economy is in a weird state. We are almost at max employment meaning that a recession of some sort should be hitting soon. Hence why the fed is raising rates again. Question becomes how rocky will it actually be.

In terms of jobs, automation is going to kill many jobs over the next 5-10 years. This includes both blue collar and white collar. Repetitive jobs will go first. Jobs that require a person to sell and make decisions based on certain fact patterns and intuitions will be the last to go along with IT related work. It's a really bad time as a whole because there is a lot of uncertainty in what the future holds.

One thing is for sure, I wouldn't want to be 12-19 right now because of how uncertain job prospects will be. If you start now you still have time to learn and place yourself in a position to be more indispensable by the time that all hits.

Brand ambassador gigs are nice on the weekends. Played Santa over the holidays for 34/hr. Any of you west coast heads, its called event pro staffing. Gigs are usually 20/hr

Last edited:
Anybody do side gigs that pay? I got this opportunity to do some male stripping in NYC, but does anybody know what the pay is like?

I was going to accept a side job working at a strip club doing accounting and payroll but it required at least one day during normal hours and yhe rest u could do on weekends and nights
Nice club with lots of feature dancers coming through lol

Last edited:
do any of you guys do follow up emails? and if so how long do you wait before sending? 

Yes 'thank you' email to those I interviewed with within 24 hours .... and then a follow up email/snail mail to who has the hiring decision in the team that I interviewed with. The thank you is to show I have follow through ability, another chance to show my written (editing is key) and communication skills, and lastly a way to close the deal and or ensure I stay the top choice. For follow up I tend to either respond to a question raised during the interview (directly or more often indirectly) and expand on a finer point from the interview that would allow me to show my knowledge of the area I'm interviewing for. Lastly I tend to do a 'soft' ask as versus a hard 'I'm following up .... to see if you have made a decision for the X position' -- hard asks can give you only one of two answers and what's useful about the 'follow up' is the communication until you get the position. Incidentally I have done the hard ask about a position and received a 'yes' (the decision was made) without and expanding on .... and the hiring person did not respond to any subsequent emails -- it would be 4 more weeks before the formal offer (and I had accepted another position by that time).

NYC and side gigs go together like PB&J.....I have a friend who is a burlesque dancer and her side gig is preparing taxes for 'creative' types in the city. I have done client-based fundraising, nonprofit formation filings, and other 'white' collar side hustles.

You probably will be classified as and 'independent contractor' which will leave you responsible for the employee and employer-side of the taxes - would suggest paying the state (NY and if you live outside of NY that corresponding state) quarterly and federal taxes annually with the hope you can balance out the year through your line item expenses.

anyone been to job corps before?

what they had you doing in there?making phone calls
laugh.gif

Economy is in a weird state. We are almost at max employment meaning that a recession of some sort should be hitting soon. Hence why the fed is raising rates again. Question becomes how rocky will it actually be.

In terms of jobs, automation is going to kill many jobs over the next 5-10 years. This includes both blue collar and white collar. Repetitive jobs will go first. Jobs that require a person to sell and make decisions based on certain fact patterns and intuitions will be the last to go along with IT related work. It's a really bad time as a whole because there is a lot of uncertainty in what the future holds.

One thing is for sure, I wouldn't want to be 12-19 right now because of how uncertain job prospects will be. If you start now you still have time to learn and place yourself in a position to be more indispensable by the time that all hits.
You name the industry, and technology will play a role in supplementing its growth. I am still on the side that it will create new jobs/improve current ones as opposed to simply replace. Time will tell.

Incidentally I have done the hard ask about a position and received a 'yes' (the decision was made) without and expanding on .... and the hiring person did not respond to any subsequent emails -- it would be 4 more weeks before the formal offer (and I had accepted another position by that time).

I'm hoping this is the case for my current situation.  I felt like I killed my last and final interview for a consulting firm, send 2 follow up email, my second email received an automated reply because the hiring manager is at a conference until tomorrow. 

Back to being unemployed :smh:

I hate filling out these apps man :rolleyes

They ask you to upload your resume and then you have to fill out all that info over again >:

over and over.
had an interview with the post office last week. felt it went well but I won't know.

also when i left one job in summer 2016 they made it mutual and said whomever asks them about me they'll say that but i have a feeling they've been bad mouthing me.
my last gig actually let me go because "I was late" although it was my day off and i wasn't given a definite time to come in. thinking they're doing the same. i put in a huge amount of applications in the same area and either nothing of a few no's. sus

just apply from sun up to sun down

over and over.
had an interview with the post office last week. felt it went well but I won't know.

also when i left one job in summer 2016 they made it mutual and said whomever asks them about me they'll say that but i have a feeling they've been bad mouthing me.
my last gig actually let me go because "I was late" although it was my day off and i wasn't given a definite time to come in. thinking they're doing the same. i put in a huge amount of applications in the same area and either nothing of a few no's. sus

Interview= hired as long as your background/drug/driving check comes back good. You're going to hate the PO. But good luck! But you won't get in trouble for being late.

over and over.

Interview= hired as long as your background/drug/driving check comes back good. You're going to hate the PO. But good luck! But you won't get in trouble for being late.

if it's background where they ask my past bosses they may slander my name and i have a license but barely drive so that's no guarantee. I'm putting it out of my head I'm hired, would hate to get my hopes up

just got a rejection email from neiman marcus for sales and recovery. damn sure my past jobs are bad mouthung me because that's the exact jobs I've been doing at the last gigs. feels bad man.

Post office will hire you, might take a few weeks...u will hate it but oh well

I'm looking for a job too rn, started to go back to school as well

When I was younger I quit at papa johns and I couldn't get a job for a while, once I got hired at a family dollar as a stock manager I was 19 or 20 so I was happy to be working again...the day before I start they call and say never mind that they couldn't hire something came back...few weeks later I received a check from family dollar for a couple hundred dollars without working there lol

Last edited:
My main job pissed everyone off so bad today. Everyone wanted to quit. I've been looking for other jobs but man it's difficult. You really have to know someone.

I've said it before, but if you're just hurting for cash and have a vehicle, do uber eats. If you live in a busy city, you can get 100/day if you put in solid hours as if it's a regular job (6-8hrs). Most I've made in a day was 122 and I worked from 12p-8p. You can work literally whenever you want and you cash cash out daily (once you get your Uber debit card).

Click this link to get started.
https://get.uber.com/p/eats-courier/?invite_code=hm2pf

Last edited:
Got rejected after the last round of interviews for a consultancy firm
mean.gif
 Thought i killed both the interview and the test

Back
Top Bottom