Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

If a company plans to include you in the next-step process, but said updates would be provided in the 'next week or so' (from last Thursday), is it too pushy of me to email today to see where they are at? Or should I just wait until this coming Thursday or Friday?

I'm moving Phoenix in the next 2-3 months. I have no job leads. Open for anything except call center jobs (been doing that for the past 6 years).

I have a BBA in management and Supervisor experience dealing anywhere from 10 - 30 associates.If you a plug, plug me in.
I can get you into Quicken Loans as a Mortgage Loan Originator but the hours are hectic and the training phase gets old quick but you can make 70-80k first year if you grind

Had an interview with the state. They were wild unprofessional.

Long story short I was laid off from the same agency because of budget cuts. They called me back a year and a half later to come back as part of my recall right/civil service. I declined because the commute would have sucked and I had just accepted a job in another field a couple of months prior and didn't want to screw over my boss who is also very chill.

Fast forward a couple years I take the exam again, pass with flying colors and get the interview. They actually used me not coming back a couple years ago against me :lol:

Talking bout "you won't know where you're being assigned until we hire you and you're in training. You will have no say." They then went on to repeat that three times preceded by "I want to make it clear..."

They're definitely holding a grudge. They forgot they laid me off the first time around and f'd my life up big time. I've never had an interview before where the prospective employer is trying to emanate fear :stoneface:

They also tried tripping me up on something in my criminal record that happened when I was 18 and was essentially a slap on the wrist for drinking underage.

If a company plans to include you in the next-step process, but said updates would be provided in the 'next week or so' (from last Thursday), is it too pushy of me to email today to see where they are at? Or should I just wait until this coming Thursday or Friday?
just wait fam getting a job is always a process. i was in your shoes too waiting on the next step but i just waited and got my calls and emails. #securedthebag :pimp:

I work in entry lvl IT. The money is decent and the benefits are great but I rlly wanna get out of a job where u stare at a computer screen all day. Has anyone else made a career change like that? I also have a useless degree in history so there’s that.... smh
honestly doesnt even sound like a bad situation to be in what would you rather be doing instead of being on a computer?
Ok guys ....

After a year and a few months of being unemployed, I have decided to join Law Enforcement.

It's pretty sad that I'm going from making 120k a year to 50k. SMH!!! However, I think about the year of unemployment where I was just making 41k.

I'm just looking for a stable job where I'm happy and although I was excited about being a cop, I'm having second thoughts. From the 26 weeks hard academy to the shift work, I dont know if I really want to do it. I'm stuck because I put all my eggs in that basket.

I left management (retail) because is a grind and no matter what, you always needed to improve and I hated the hours I believe I'm going back to those hours (which I'll quit after academy if I get second shift 4pm-12am).

Any comments???

what were you doing when you made 120k because thats a huge decrease

Last edited:
I can get you into Quicken Loans as a Mortgage Loan Originator but the hours are hectic and the training phase gets old quick but you can make 70-80k first year if you grind

Do i need a license? What is the difference between the location in Phoenix vs Scottsdale?

What can I do now to prepare myself to work there?

I will probably move there end of May.

Hi Guys, I wanted some insight on a situation.

I've been looking for a new job for quite some time. The main reason is due to pay and lack of promotion. I interviewed at one particular place a while ago and they recently reached out to me with an offer.

Thing is, between that time there is room to move up in my current dept and it seems as if a promotion is on the horizon. I told my current job I received a pending offer and I would like to stay if they are able to match and be upfront about the promotion. They told me they will it in a request to HR and it will need to be approved.

The new job is putting the pressure for me to sign their offer ASAP or they will have to move on.

If I sign the offer, and my current job comes back with a better salary what would happen if I were to change my mind? >D

Applying to jobs
Sneaking away during the day to call recruiters
Fixing up your resume / talking points
Interview prepping

Finding another gig while you have a gig = feels like a 2nd job

You never told a lie there. Over the past few months I've taken so many calls with recruiters + interviews with companies during my workday :lol: .

Hi Guys, I wanted some insight on a situation.

I've been looking for a new job for quite some time. The main reason is due to pay and lack of promotion. I interviewed at one particular place a while ago and they recently reached out to me with an offer.

Thing is, between that time there is room to move up in my current dept and it seems as if a promotion is on the horizon. I told my current job I received a pending offer and I would like to stay if they are able to match and be upfront about the promotion. They told me they will it in a request to HR and it will need to be approved.

The new job is putting the pressure for me to sign their offer ASAP or they will have to move on.

If I sign the offer, and my current job comes back with a better salary what would happen if I were to change my mind? >D

How much is the new gig offering?
The only way to move up + get substantially more $$ = change jobs

And you goofed up by telling your current gig you have another offer
Now they know 1) you wanted to leave and 2) they can drop you at any time

How much is the new gig offering?
The only way to move up + get substantially more $$ = change jobs

And you goofed up by telling your current gig you have another offer
Now they know 1) you wanted to leave and 2) they can drop you at any time
Bad advice!!!

He actually did the right thing.

He is happy there but the money and lack of promotion had him looking for other opportunities.

If he's value and they want to keep him, they will. If not, they'll let him walk to a better offer.

If I'm you OP, I'll sign the offer sheet. If your current employment comes with a better offer and a promotion and you're happy there, call the other company and apologize and politely tell them change of circumstances prevent you from moving forward. Follow up with an apology letter stating you was really looking forward to joining the team and hopefully in the future you can. Just a good way not to burn that bridge although you might regardless.

If your current job does not come thru, then you just bounce to your new job.

Bad advice!!!

He actually did the right thing.

He is happy there but the money and lack of promotion had him looking for other opportunities.

If he's value and they want to keep him, they will. If not, they'll let him walk to a better offer.

If I'm you OP, I'll sign the offer sheet. If your current employment comes with a better offer and a promotion and you're happy there, call the other company and apologize and politely tell them change of circumstances prevent you from moving forward. Follow up with an apology letter stating you was really looking forward to joining the team and hopefully in the future you can. Just a good way not to burn that bridge although you might regardless.

If your current job does not come thru, then you just bounce to your new job.
exactly you gotta look out for urself OP u can always decline an offer u had previously accepted. yea youll feel bad but when a place wants to fire you there is no 2 week notice they let u go day of

Unfortunately, my wanna be police days are now over. My wife had a miscarriage and I couldn't leave her to face that on her own.

I'm truly dissapointed, but family is always 1st.

just wait fam getting a job is always a process. i was in your shoes too waiting on the next step but i just waited and got my calls and emails. #securedthebag :pimp:

honestly doesnt even sound like a bad situation to be in what would you rather be doing instead of being on a computer?

what were you doing when you made 120k because thats a huge decrease
I was managing a retail store.

I quit my old job on February 5th and found another one fast but the first day isn't until March 15th. I knew I'd have to Uber in the meantime but i had no idea that it would be this profitable.

Uber FINALLY got their mind right and started paying Uber eats drivers a decent wage. They've been running promotions that give you extra money for every 3 trips you do. Sometimes it's $9 extra, other times $12. This has made driving almost addictive. I did 18 trips today and made $259 (after $72 in promo). About 8 hours total. Made almost $900 for the week.

Screenshot_20190311-023120_Uber Driver.jpg

It used to feel like it wasn't even worth it, it felt like so much of your earnings was going towards gas. If you wanna get in on this bread, here you go

https://www.uber.com/signup/drive/deliver/?invite_code=1v12dp8x7

I quit my old job on February 5th and found another one fast but the first day isn't until March 15th. I knew I'd have to Uber in the meantime but i had no idea that it would be this profitable.

Uber FINALLY got their mind right and started paying Uber eats drivers a decent wage. They've been running promotions that give you extra money for every 3 trips you do. Sometimes it's $9 extra, other times $12. This has made driving almost addictive. I did 18 trips today and made $259 (after $72 in promo). About 8 hours total. Made almost $900 for the week.

It used to feel like it wasn't even worth it, it felt like so much of your earnings was going towards gas. If you wanna get in on this bread, here you go

How much did gas get you for?

"I was on an Amtrak train a few weeks back (if you live in the United States). Conductor told me that a quarter of their workers are retiring within the next decade & they need new people. He said you can START out at $70,000 a year with benefits and within 3-5 years could be making ~$100,000. No experience needed. That blew me away, I’d check it out if I were you."

You aren’t lying, I work a semi seasonal job so a lot of my co workers have side hustles for the winter. My buddy called me the other day to tell me he made 400 bucks off uber eats in a few hours becasue it was snowing.

Unfortunately, my wanna be police days are now over. My wife had a miscarriage and I couldn't leave her to face that on her own.

I'm truly dissapointed, but family is always 1st.

Sorry to hear. That's sad news. Do you have any other kids or was this your first?

I decided I was done with Uber and Lyft last year. But, strictly doing Uber Eats never crossed my mind. Might do it. On the weekends for some extra dough

Anyone works with Doordash?

If so, did they change their scheduling hours?

I went to sign up for shifts at the usual released hour and I didnt see anything. It has me worried.

Last edited:
Anyone a GS worker?

I qualify for GS11 because of my military experience and last position, but I applied for a GS7 in the VA to get my foot in the door. It looks like I'm going to be offered the position.

My only problem is, the description for pay range was broad, it ranged from 40k to 60k. I don't know how much it would be with locality pay or what's an acceptable low end and what would they negotiate if anything.

I'm just looking for information on how pay is determined and if there's room for negotiation and how I'll go about trying to negotiate? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom