Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Yea I goofed. If it had been literally any other job I've had in the past I could have kind of sandbagged and checked out for a bit while collecting a check and lining up my next move, but I had so many projects and after hours things I was solely responsible for, even on that Monday coming back from a week off, that I just couldn't bring myself to do anymore. Letting all of them fail or gonto **** would probably make me look worse than quitting, which I am sure they looked at my workload afterwards as they were reassigning it to others and were like damn, i see why he quit. Well, I think they knew they were screwing me on purpose from jump but whatevs, none of my concern anymore like Jhene Aiko

my bad for the long read... no cliffs.. i tend to over explain things online and in person lmao

How are you folks doing with the pandemic and all? I got furloughed at my job in April 2020... Ive been at this job since 2012 and while i enjoyed working there because of the stability, liked some coworkers not in my department, free gym and the office was nice including my desk...but i hated the drive 41 miles one way which would be 1 1/2 drive each way which was 3 hours commute a day in a benz smh at the maintenance... glad i got rid of it lol...i was in a rut at that job... it was a dead end job with no promotion since they already had like 4 managers in my department... and what pissed me off is the new employees hired were getting paid more than me...

im not surprised i got furloughed but was caught off guard... theres like 15 people in my department and i wasnt one of the newest ones there and 2 people got furloughed including me which didnt make sense too me...but at the same time my boss just didnt like me so i see why it happen... anyway fast forward to today i wasnt doing anything but enjoying that unemployment and that extra 600... i didnt really start applying to jobs until July because thats when the 600 would end...i went on so many interviews which ill admit im not that great at lol... i looked at like this if i dont get the job offer its not a failure but a learning experience and it just wasnt a great fit...

well this week was different... i had two great interviews with two different companies... the first company called me today with a job offer which is 4 thousand more then i make now so i was like yes i will take it... im starting on tuesday which is good cuz i have a dentist appointment on monday... i didnt hear back from the other job that i interviewed for and liked more... but its all good... perfect timing because my unemployment balance is 0 and i was supposed to get an extension next week and hopefully i still get it... because on monday im a still file 1 last time for unemployment and hopefully get that 300 a week lump sum from NJ...

also i am not telling my current job that im furloughed that i got a new job... i am curious to hear the outcome and if they want to bring me back ill tell them i got a new job... and if not then hopefully/maybe i get severance so thats why i wont say i got a new job and let them tell me i am being let go lol...

When things turn for good which I hope is soon I will be asking for a higher pay raise.

The reason why is: this job laid me off in March due to Covid-19. They rehired me back in May and just couple months ago they did a 10% pay cut on our salary, this goes to all top to bottom employees. The thing is I'm currently doing double the work or more these past couple months. I started this job August 2019.

I don't think it's even a question am I right to ask for a higher pay raise when it comes that time?

Also we been working from home and it looks like it might be permanent

my bad for the long read... no cliffs.. i tend to over explain things online and in person lmao

How are you folks doing with the pandemic and all? I got furloughed at my job in April 2020... Ive been at this job since 2012 and while i enjoyed working there because of the stability, liked some coworkers not in my department, free gym and the office was nice including my desk...but i hated the drive 41 miles one way which would be 1 1/2 drive each way which was 3 hours commute a day in a benz smh at the maintenance... glad i got rid of it lol...i was in a rut at that job... it was a dead end job with no promotion since they already had like 4 managers in my department... and what pissed me off is the new employees hired were getting paid more than me...

im not surprised i got furloughed but was caught off guard... theres like 15 people in my department and i wasnt one of the newest ones there and 2 people got furloughed including me which didnt make sense too me...but at the same time my boss just didnt like me so i see why it happen... anyway fast forward to today i wasnt doing anything but enjoying that unemployment and that extra 600... i didnt really start applying to jobs until July because thats when the 600 would end...i went on so many interviews which ill admit im not that great at lol... i looked at like this if i dont get the job offer its not a failure but a learning experience and it just wasnt a great fit...

well this week was different... i had two great interviews with two different companies... the first company called me today with a job offer which is 4 thousand more then i make now so i was like yes i will take it... im starting on tuesday which is good cuz i have a dentist appointment on monday... i didnt hear back from the other job that i interviewed for and liked more... but its all good... perfect timing because my unemployment balance is 0 and i was supposed to get an extension next week and hopefully i still get it... because on monday im a still file 1 last time for unemployment and hopefully get that 300 a week lump sum from NJ...

also i am not telling my current job that im furloughed that i got a new job... i am curious to hear the outcome and if they want to bring me back ill tell them i got a new job... and if not then hopefully/maybe i get severance so thats why i wont say i got a new job and let them tell me i am being let go lol...
Just be glad to even get a job right now as this winter going to be brutal

I'm in Vegas and there's been a lot of layoffs recently, business demands are slow from Oct to Jan

Started at Immigration on Tuesday. It's easyt but underpay so I took another job I accepted around the exact same time and they say I can start early nov. Not gonna tell the Immigration job because I dont want them to just send me home and be unemployed again during the interim. I'll give them notice closer to 1 week before or so and act like it just happened.

This is a long read and no cliff notes but want your advice lol

can i ask your opinion on something? I already made the decision but just need justification really that i made the right decision lol... so heres the situation i had my job of 8 years and got furloughed and ended up getting let go this past monday 10/19... i was kinda salty about it which i shouldnt have been but was just salty like damb they aint want me no more... anyway new job calls me on the friday 10/16 before i knew i got let go from my old job and say i want to offer you a job which is 4 thousand more which i accept...

so i start the new job tuesday 10/20 which pays me $4,000 more and is only 30 minutes from my house which is a big difference from my old job which was 1hr 1/2 away... one thing i didnt like about the new job the office looked trash... also as i was browsing around the system i saw a lot of people there no longer work there aka high turnover rate which was a huge turnoff... the training was trash... the ceo was was showing me how to do something but was just going through it mad quick instead of really explaining it to me...

another company which i really wanted to join and have experience in that position i had an interview for weeks ago called me again for a third interview...mind you i already started my new job... the interview went great and they offered me the job which was the company/position i wanted to work for to begin with... the company is bigger aka been around for a long time, more people there which i saw had cuter girls lol, the office was a lot nicer and more importantly it had the role i wanted and liked from my old job that i just got laid off from... the catch is they were firm in their job offer and gave me an offer of a $1000 less from my current job... i ended up taking it because i like the job, company and the location is actually closer to my house... my question is should i really lose sleep that i took a job i like more for $1000 less?

Last edited:

can i ask your opinion on something? I already made the decision but just need justification really that i made the right decision lol... so heres the situation i had my job of 8 years and got furloughed and ended up getting let go this past monday 10/19... i was kinda salty about it which i shouldnt have been but was just salty like damb they aint want me no more... anyway new job calls me on the friday 10/16 before i knew i got let go from my old job and say i want to offer you a job which is 4 thousand more which i accept...

so i start the new job tuesday 10/20 which pays me $4,000 more and is only 30 minutes from my house which is a big difference from my old job which was 1hr 1/2 away... one thing i didnt like about the new job the office looked trash... also as i was browsing around the system i saw a lot of people there no longer work there aka high turnover rate which was a huge turnoff... the training was trash... the ceo was was showing me how to do something but was just going through it mad quick instead of really explaining it to me...

another company which i really wanted to join and have experience in that position i had an interview for weeks ago called me again for a third interview...mind you i already started my new job... the interview went great and they offered me the job which was the company/position i wanted to work for to begin with... the company is bigger aka been around for a long time, more people there which i saw had cuter girls lol, the office was a lot nicer and more importantly it had the role i wanted and liked from my old job that i just got laid off from... the catch is they were firm in their job offer and gave me an offer of a $1000 less... i ended up taking it because i like the job, company and the location is actually closer to my house... my question is should i really lose sleep that i took a job i like more for $1000 less?
Depends will the $1000 make or break you finance wise?
If not nah peace of mind and happiness is priceless

^ no the $1,000 wont make or break me... I was really looking at it from a principal perspective really... I am still getting paid more than my old job that I had for 8 years that i got furloughed from and drove 2 hours more... this new job I get paid less $1,000 than my current job but its closer and a job I like a lot more so its whatever...

Last edited:

another company which i really wanted to join and have experience in that position i had an interview for weeks ago called me again for a third interview...mind you i already started my new job... the interview went great and they offered me the job which was the company/position i wanted to work for to begin with... the company is bigger aka been around for a long time, more people there which i saw had cuter girls lol, the office was a lot nicer and more importantly it had the role i wanted and liked from my old job that i just got laid off from... the catch is they were firm in their job offer and gave me an offer of a $1000 less from my current job... i ended up taking it because i like the job, company and the location is actually closer to my house... my question is should i really lose sleep that i took a job i like more for $1000 less?
You made the right choice. If this is a better company then you’ll probably get a raise soon or move up and get a promotion.

Tesla has almost 100 openings here. Some of the titles are so specific; I have no idea how people have the exact experience to fill some of them. I'll scroll through and find something that looks interesting.

^ no the $1,000 wont make or break me... I was really looking at it from a principal perspective really... I am still getting paid more than my old job that I had for 8 years that i got furloughed from and drove 2 hours more... this new job I get paid less $1,000 than my current job but its closer and a job I like a lot more so its whatever...
Sounds like you made the right decision. So if I'm understanding correctly, you're making $3k more than the furloughed job, but $1k less than the new job you took before you knew you were furloughed? Sounds like you came up to me.

Tesla is notorious for hiring with in or through connections. I worked there starting as a contractor then got hired in house. Starting as a contractor is the easiest way to get in.

Sounds like you made the right decision. So if I'm understanding correctly, you're making $3k more than the furloughed job, but $1k less than the new job you took before you knew you were furloughed? Sounds like you came up to me.

ya man it worked out in the end and im glad i made the decision despite me making 1000 less than the other "new" job i had for a week...i get salary at this position and in my furlough job i get paid hourly... i did the math for my new job i basically get paid the same hourly but work 30 minutes more from 8-5 compared to 8-4:30 at my old job... the funny thing is despite me working 30 minutes longer i get paid more and i still get home earlier almost 45 minutes earlier than my furlough job that i left 30 minutes earlier...it only takes me 30 minutes to get home from my new job... and the best thing of it all is my furlough job paid me severance for 7 weeks and i got paid 21 pto days which i accrued while being furloughed... they really did do me a solid and basically paid me to look for a better job... i also got my 600 weekly from april - july... it was definitely a smooth transition... i didnt tell my old job or coworkers i found a new job... im a wait until the severance clears my account first lol

Last edited:
love this thread.
i lost two jobs in july (was working almost 21 hrs some days)
ending up getting lost in the system in one due to covid testing.
would air them out but i dont want to add to their horror stories and turn some people off from taking the jobs available.
the other was just doing reckless things in the middle of the pandemic, sending people in covid positive patients homes a lot of the customers lied about their results ( i was delivering oxygen tanks and other medical items)

im currently right back to my roots which is online reselling and odd jobs, not ideal but i have a couple interviews coming up for delivery jobs so lets see how those goes.
in the mean time im welcoming all ventures as well as looking into school programs for IT.

moral of the story dont give up on yourselves, i fell into a bit of depression right after but it was an eye opener for me.

love this thread.
i lost two jobs in july (was working almost 21 hrs some days)
ending up getting lost in the system in one due to covid testing.
would air them out but i dont want to add to their horror stories and turn some people off from taking the jobs available.
the other was just doing reckless things in the middle of the pandemic, sending people in covid positive patients homes a lot of the customers lied about their results ( i was delivering oxygen tanks and other medical items)

im currently right back to my roots which is online reselling and odd jobs, not ideal but i have a couple interviews coming up for delivery jobs so lets see how those goes.
in the mean time im welcoming all ventures as well as looking into school programs for IT.

moral of the story dont give up on yourselves, i fell into a bit of depression right after but it was an eye opener for me.
Keep your head up bro and make use of this valuable free time. Look into job corps or free career training in your area. Also look into apprenticeship opportunities from local unions.
I myself have been unemployed since April but the last two months have been doing freelance video editing gigs.

Company reached out to me early this week. The role was very similar to positions I've held before. Pay was decent, $18/hr. First interview was a group zoom interview on Wednesday. I think I killed that. They hit me up for a follow up interview with a regional supervisor yesterday. I didn't feel like I killed it, but I thought I did a good job and thought for sure I'd get an offer. Found out today I didn't get it. I was kinda shocked and a bit disappointed, but the job consisted of a lot of driving daily, and even though I felt like it was a good fit, I honestly wasn't looking forward to all that driving. It is what it is. On to the next. Maybe the job I land will pay double what that one did.

There's a new Tesla plant coming to Austin. I looked at some of the job titles and they seem so specific and intimidating. Goodness.
Don’t get intimidated. Read the scope of the position and you’ll see it’s not as complicated as it sounds. My sister got in a few years ago and all she did was copy and paste the job details onto her resumé :lol:

Don’t get intimidated. Read the scope of the position and you’ll see it’s not as complicated as it sounds. My sister got in a few years ago and all she did was copy and paste the job details onto her resumé :lol:
Had some homies work out in the Fremont. They burnt out hella quick

Back
Top Bottom