Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Real talk, dudes that been unemployed for 6 months and stuff...hell yall do to get by with no job!?!?

id like to know this also.
how the hell do you guys eat?

got two interviews in the next two days. one told me over the phone they start between 32,000 and 38,000(better than nothing)

wish me luck nt

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

got two interviews in the next two days. one told me over the phone they start between 32,000 and 38,000(better than nothing)

wish me luck nt

if you down south you can make 30k work for ya. Good luck

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Im on the verge of giving up..I worked at Gap while I was away from school and was supposed to get a transfer upon returning home. I call both stores(the one by my school and the one at home) and they dont seem to be on the same page so I gave them each others number so that can figure something out.Also applied to Victoria's Secret and my references didnt answer when they manager called them. I tried to call the manager to give her different references in which she can contact and she is never there..Even left messages or her..I dont seem to have the best of luck with this job hunting

indifferent.gif
managers actually call references, i thought that @@@* was there just to show you really worked for someone, instead of just faking it and putting down any job.
Apparently..the funny thing is that she told us during the interview that she would check our references and I called these two people and told them to expect a call from VS and the stilll managed to miss the call..
grin.gif
keep up the fight man, you'll land something.

Originally Posted by Serendipity

I finally get hired, but now I don't know whats the deal. The manager told me she would call me last Thursday so I can fill out paperwork..I hear nothing. I call the store yesterday took like 10 minutes for me to get a direct number to HR & the manager who interviewed me. None of them answer their phones
indifferent.gif
. I called again today still no answer. I was really looking forward to this after being jobless for 6 months
tired.gif
frown.gif
. I guess I will continue look for somewhere else to work in the meantime.

still might be hope, was in the same situation, got hired last month around this time, didnt get called to come in for training until yesterday.......they haven't forgot about you, they're just probably pre occupied at the moment.

Real talk, dudes that been unemployed for 6 months and stuff...hell yall do to get by with no job!?!?

Round table pizza delivery driver son lmao. Lose a part of my soul every time i put on that uniform. Im 26 yrs old and everybody i work with is just outta high school and my supervisors are 19 years old. Dont really got too worry about food though since i stay eating the food for free. Keep pushin guys had numerous interviews for different positions as well things might be looking better real soon.

Staying positive. I know when I get a job I'm disappearing and going hard on those hours.

I finally get hired, but now I don't know whats the deal. The manager told me she would call me last Thursday so I can fill out paperwork..I hear nothing. I call the store yesterday took like 10 minutes for me to get a direct number to HR & the manager who interviewed me. None of them answer their phones
indifferent.gif
. I called again today still no answer. I was really looking forward to this after being jobless for 6 months
tired.gif
frown.gif

Quit calling and go to the job! You're losing right now...

i feel bad saying this

but its all about who you know.

i have a lame 20hr/week job, getting another job where illl be getting 45-50hr/week

because i know the manager....

On my way to an interview right now
been trying to get my foot in the door of the Medical field for almost a whole damn year

hopefully today is that day (something got to shake) 

Originally Posted by kickstart

indifferent.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

Quit calling and go to the job! You're losing right now...

I was giving them a day to return my call, because this store gets so many applicants/hires a lot of people it would be easy for them to forgot to call back, but anyways I'm planning on going today. 

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I'll be joining ya'll on July 1st.
frown.gif

!@#$, at least you know before it happens.  I came into work after my day off and they pulled me into an office and let me go......bout a flat screen on my day off
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
.....Id rather know in advance, i wouldnt have spent that money

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

frown.gif

!@#$, at least you know before it happens.  I came into work after my day off and they pulled me into an office and let me go......bout a flat screen on my day off
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

you coulda returned it lol.

where you looking in STL, Pac?

i'm having slim luck out here n the lou.

frown.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

man, i already hooked it up to my wall and everything..........I had money and i was ok, i just wouldnt have bought it if i knew, 
smile.gif

Oh yea

I just got a call from Express Scripts HR department

I GOT THE MOTHER FLIPPIN JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Got the call about an hour ago........Just waiting on an email with the info i need to get the drug test done.

I start July 20th!!!!!!!!!!! (Kinda sucks, but beggers cant be choosers)

^What they hire you for? I have a bachelors in marketing. Is express scripts worth me checking out?

That drive from Brentwood out to North County, tho. Traffic back n forth would suck.

edit: one of my moms highschool friends is revising my resume and gonna have me apply for where she works. Pentagon.

^What they hire you for? I have a bachelors in marketing. Is express scripts worth me checking out?

That drive from Brentwood out to North County, tho. Traffic back n forth would suck.

Hell, im driving from south saint louis to north county
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got hired as a Prior Authorization Associate.......I dont have a degree but mostly customer service experience.

I would say they are a good company to work for..........i havent heard too many bad things about them besides the normal "Its mostly politics" to get ahead stuff, which is with any job you get.

Check them out, i dont know much about marketing though, but they seem to have allot of positions available right now.    

frown.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I don't know if I can break my back for them until that day. I'd rather be shown the door that day as now I'm kinda stressing until that day comes.

Congrats on getting the job!

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

man, i already hooked it up to my wall and everything..........I had money and i was ok, i just wouldnt have bought it if i knew, 
smile.gif

Oh yea

I just got a call from Express Scripts HR department

I GOT THE MOTHER FLIPPIN JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Got the call about an hour ago........Just waiting on an email with the info i need to get the drug test done.

I start July 20th!!!!!!!!!!! (Kinda sucks, but beggers cant be choosers)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by adickted to kickz

Round table pizza delivery driver son lmao. Lose a part of my soul every time i put on that uniform. Im 26 yrs old and everybody i work with is just outta high school and my supervisors are 19 years old. Dont really got too worry about food though since i stay eating the food for free. Keep pushin guys had numerous interviews for different positions as well things might be looking better real soon.

my friend worked as a catering driver when he was laid off. paid him min wage plus 25 for every delivery. worked out to be about 35/hr, not bad for an hr worth of work. usually did 3 deliveries a day. you got to do whatever to pay the bills and put food on the table.

frown.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I don't know if I can break my back for them until that day. I'd rather be shown the door that day as now I'm kinda stressing until that day comes.

Congrats on getting the job!
Thanks.
I feel that too, but at least you can begin the grind of looking for another position now instead of waiting till july.

If there is anybody in the Boston area looking for a job, please go to www.multiplan.com

If you have any experience being in a call center/ customer service please see the title "service advisor"

I was able to switch departments even though it was a lateral move. The things is, there is so much room to grow with the department I will be in soon. I am going to work my tail off to get to where I need to be.

The call center is growing and they need people and this is a great way to start off at this company as well. There is so much room to grow here and being in the call center is the "foot in the door" kind of thing. I am still here but won't be once it's June 20th.
smile.gif

I hope everything works out for my NT brothers and sisters.

Yo So I applied for a Full time gig at the IT department at my school that I use to for back in the day last week. I sent my the dept manager an email saying I applied and she said "Thanks, HR has all of your paper work"

On the site my application still shows in progress.

You guys think I should email HR? lol what the hell should I say to em? I just dont want my app to get caught up in the masses.

Yea I know it's only been a week, I`m just OD anxious
frown.gif

Anybody?
Anybody?

^ Lucky, I would email. It will refresh their memory about you. Dont call, as if you dont/didnt the position it'll put them in an awkward position.

Back
Top Bottom